2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 787 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Nord Stream 2

Match Penalty
But why talk about her injury would be a problem ? It' not a criticism and she has the right not to talk about it but why keep it secret ?

A young beautiful girl does not want to talk about gypsum and .... I'd rather be silent.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
But why talk about her injury would be a problem ? It' not a criticism and she has the right not to talk about it but why keep it secret ?

Not to feed the yellow pages press, h@ters and naysayers and social media leeches. Kanysheva's state of injury and/or healing also is still quite unknown. There must be quite a lot of envy (and probably worse) towards #TeamTutberidzeForProgress, hence the silence and stony faces in K&C and the continuous presence of a few big guys behind them. It is very lonely at the top, where you can only trust your closest friends and allies.
Trainers, skaters, support staff present us a closed front and let the results speak for them. United they stand and conquer any challenge put to them.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Only Kamila and Alysa are invited to the gala. Did they also only invite two juniors last year? Cannot remember

They typically only invite the winner of each junior event, although last year they invited Alyona and interestingly, Yelim Kim. Not exactly sure why they invited Kim who placed last over Trusova who was second and the reigning JWC (no offense to Kim though), but usually its just one junior.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Gutsy Sasha went for 3A, in her interview, she said she does not regret it, and will risk, risk and risk again :clap:
Our beautiful delicate fairy Anna, what a big score! Right when she was 'written off', she shows everyone she's a tough competitor!
Angel breaking another record and leading by a good margin!

And of course... queen Alina :bow:

what an insane GPF! :hap10:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
They have medals so the victory ceremony is over ?
There's nothing on the jgp channel :scratch2:
I feel I'm the only one each time but I LOVE watching victory ceremonies.

A pity ISU didn't show it. Hopefully they'll upload it later.

Channel One did, and both Kamila and Dar'ya sang along the National Anthem (us customary). They didn't get those pretty flower crowns in their victory lap, there was no spectators at the boarding.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Missed Sasha and Aliona but saw the rest. And wow, what a performance from Anna and Alina. Anna‘s skating skills (or her comparative lack thereof) and her jumps prevented me from really being moved by her performance before but today she was incredible. That emotion on her face! Just stunning.

Alina was great as well. I have a feeling she might pull a Kostornaya tomorrow. Probably not win but I think she‘ll make the podium.

Sasha will win this tomorrow, of course, you can‘t fight against 5 quads but oh girl, why did you have to fall, now I‘m getting my hopes up again that Aliona could somehow make it... Nevertheless, it was really a great SP for the Russian girls. And with the unfortunate fall of Rika, I think there‘s no one that could prevent them from sweeping the podium.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Oh, we are truly observing a golden era of ladies figure skating... I'm floored, what a competition in ladies, both senior and junior, they're all are so incredible!

esteticlove

Final Flight
And wow, what a performance from Anna and Alina.

Agree. Those two moved me the most. I'm glad that the judges finally "appreciated" Anna's program, as some people were talking how her SP is not well received among the judging panel, as an explanation for her low scores in the GPs. In my opinion, the Parfume SP is Daniil's next best work after Swan Lake. Anna captures every little choreographic and musical detail with such an ease. And the part before her combination always gives me chills, so haunting.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
They have medals so the victory ceremony is over ?
There's nothing on the jgp channel :scratch2:
I feel I'm the only one each time but I LOVE watching victory ceremonies.

At the end of the broadcasting Ted announced something like "wait for the medal ceremony", but then the transmission ended. So, unfortunately were deprived of that.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Oh, we are truly observing a golden era of ladies figure skating... I'm floored, what a competition in ladies, both senior and junior, they're all are so incredible!

I suppose this is only the beginning of the Tutberidze Turnover and it seems the rest of the world are chasing Khrustalniy, "нас не догонять", playing chase-and-catch-up.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Agree. Those two moved me the most. I'm glad that the judges finally "appreciated" Anna's program, as some people were talking how her SP is not well received among the judging panel, as an explanation for her low scores in the GPs. In my opinion, the Parfume SP is Daniil's next best work after Swan Lake. Anna captures every little choreographic and musical detail with such an ease. And the part before her combination always gives me chills, so haunting.

I‘ve not yet seen Aliona and I‘m biased, so I‘m sure that will change my ranking.. But Anna indeed was great. I think she just wasn‘t as sharp in the SP in her previous outings, there was always either a problem with the steps or the combo. And an error like that, no matter how small it is, can ruin the overall impression. But today she landed everything and showed great interpretation, so she got a higher score. That‘s my explanation of it, at least.

colormyworld240

Medalist
Sasha's personality is so charming, she really embodies the athletic spirit. Everyone talks about how Russian ladies are all about the medals, but Sasha clearly isn't. She said she doesn't regret the 3A even though she knows it set her back A LOT. A 2A would've been more than enough because of her FS layout. Just like how she didn't play it safe last year even though she could've and won JGPF, but went for the quads anyway and the loss didn't phase her. It makes her so special because you can tell everyone else is upset over mistakes that can cost them a medal. But with Sasha, she just wants to push her boundaries and jump and jump, medals or not. That's what I call skating for herself. A lot of people were saying how it wasn't worth it, or she doesn't need the 3A. She knows she doesn't need it - that's not the point. She wants it.

Anna has my whole heart. She has by far the best interpretation out of all the ladies and is a true artist. I hope she can keep up technically (in jumps and SS) because she's the most special skater I've seen in a very long time. I love the axel cam; her stats for her 2A are almost at Kamila's level and I wouldn't be surprised if we see a 3A from her soon.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Gutsy Sasha went for 3A, in her interview, she said she does not regret it, and will risk, risk and risk again :clap:
Our beautiful delicate fairy Anna, what a big score! Right when she was 'written off', she shows everyone she's a tough competitor!
Angel breaking another record and leading by a good margin!

And of course... queen Alina :bow:

what an insane GPF! :hap10:
What are the standings 1 through 5? maybe the senior Russians are trying to outshine the Juniors. ;)

A pity ISU didn't show it. Hopefully they'll upload it later.

Channel One did, and both Kamila and Dar'ya sang along the National Anthem (us customary). They didn't get those pretty flower crowns in their victory lap, there was no spectators at the boarding.
what a lost opportunity for the ISU to get more viewers. Damn shame

The scary thing is it could get even better in the next couple years. Lol.