2022 Skate Canada Free Dance | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2022 Skate Canada Free Dance

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well it was worth the wait for Piper and Paul's first event... so glad they didn't retire ... considering how good Carol is at tweaking things as the season progresses... this will be stellar by the end of the year...

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I still want an Evita program with High Flying Adored or Another Suitcase In Another Hall but that was nicely done, not my favorite program of theirs but good enough for the win
I was JUST thinking we need an Another Suitcase in Another Hall program. Hmm, maybe a Hawayek/Baker possibility...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I did love the character step sequence, maybe it'll grow on me like you are loving it now!
well... i am biased because i have been secretly in love with Paul since 2010 or something LOL... but yeah.. it is a very emotional program and there are many unique moments and the attention to detail in the choreography... it's not generic like some other programs

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I was JUST thinking we need an Another Suitcase in Another Hall program. Hmm, maybe a Hawayek/Baker possibility...
Whichever team does it has my undying support for that season

gleungc6

On the Ice
I'm glad Mark on the ISU Youtube is sounding much perkier than after yesterday's... interesting Men's SP!

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Coffin.
Evita died
That's what I thought it was. I know the story, I am just surprised they went that route with the vocal instead of ending on an instrumental. The first section was so personal that I feel like it was a mistake to end so dark. It makes me feel Piper & Paul are dying and it is too maudlin for me.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Not familiar with those songs myself, but I'm just glad it's not another Bueno Aires.
I cheered when it wasn't Buenos Aires :laugh:
well... i am biased because i have been secretly in love with Paul since 2010 or something LOL... but yeah.. it is a very emotional program and there are many unique moments and the attention to detail in the choreography... it's not generic like some other programs
It certainly isn't generic, I give them that. +5 GOE for not using Buenos Aires!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
That's what I thought it was. I know the story, I am just surprised they went that route with the vocal instead of ending on an instrumental. The first section was so personal that I feel like it was a mistake to end so dark. It makes me feel Piper & Paul are dying and it is too maudlin for me.
I personally love it. Piper and Paul have never been traditional and I love that they went dark, they do it well.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
If they use the lusciously tacky Hermes House Band cover of "I Will Survive" Fusar-Poli used in 2002, I will be cheering for them, and it would be specially fitting since they are just as mismatched, dance skills wise, and Babs and Maurizio.
My favorite comment in this thread! I commend you for your insights :)