2023-24 Russian Nationals Women's Free Skate | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Nationals Women's Free Skate

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Honestly, i would have never put Maia in 4th. She is recovering and she hasn’t be brilliant in stages… but yes, sad to see her in last place. Hopefully she will keep her head up.

Unfortunately, I didn't know that. I was coming in blind, having not seen any of the Russian skaters so far this season.

CaroLiza_fan

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Zakharova reminds me--what happened to Maria Zakharova? Did she quit skating or did I miss her in the junior events? Did her mother annoy her too much?
I wonder too! I miss Maria. She was a powerful skater and I tend to like that.

niks

On the Ice
Adelia looks tiny in the interview... and the giant mics surely don't help :)

Kamila's fighting off tears :(

And Sofia is like she just got caught in the middle of it, she is not showing as much happiness / emotions as could be expected

No idea what was said, but I think that Trankov managed to get the mood a bit more uplifted as the interview progressed and at least there were some smiles by Sofia and Kamila by the end

Still it felt somewhat bittersweet in general; I remember last year's interview with the women medallists felt so warm and truly happy for everyone, kind of a sad contrast :confused:

Last edited:

Skating91

Medalist
Great victory for Adelia, got it absolutely right with the protocols.

You don't know what the next year brings as Akatieva found out, so it is good to bank a win.

Petrosian the best in this tournament and clearly the best this season. Well done.

A great silver for Muraviova too.

I'm happy for Kamila getting bronze. The top three were at another level compared to everyone else. She has so much to offer skating. Overall a successful weekend.

DK74

Rinkside
Country
Germany
I don't like Kamila's program. But she's such a charismatic skater.
That's why Kamila should retire. She is now a brilliant show skater, not a competition skater anymore. This was her last medal. She isn't good enough for Adeliia and Sofia and the next girls are waiting to compete on the highest level. Kamilas time on top is over. Alina Z. was way smarter than Kamila and realized, when it's the right time to say "goodbye" (even "silently" but those, who wanted to understand, understood she was retiring in the well known interview) before losing all reputation. Even in Team Tutberidze there is finally a new Number 1.
Kamila should start enjoying her life.

Skating91

Medalist
That's why Kamila should retire. She is now a brilliant show skater, not a competition skater anymore. This was her last medal. She isn't good enough for Adeliia and Sofia and the next girls are waiting to compete on the highest level. Kamilas time on top is over. Alina Z. was way smarter than Kamila and realized, when it's the right time to say "goodbye" (even "silently" but those, who wanted to understand, understood she was retiring in the well known interview) before losing all reputation. Even in Team Tutberidze there is finally a new Number 1.

I think she enjoy life just fine. She should retire because she is 3rd best in the world?

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Not Adeliia having taken off her skates already and literally looking like a little kid between Sofia and Kamila 😭:dbana:
Pretty much expected ending

photo_2023-12-23_18-37-35.jpg

Amei

Record Breaker
If they are people who are rejoicing because Kamila is 3rd, at Rusnats, it means that she's that good. She's THAT girl.

I think most people are rejoicing that she was correctly scored into third place. She has gotten some extremely generous scoring the last 2 years that more accurately reflects what she used to do on the ice not what she did at the current competition.

Remilia

On the Ice
Happy to see that Mura was clean and landed her 3A! Now, let's hope she can land 3 of them cleanly at the final and not make any silly mistakes.
I am for Veronika Zhilina! for junior championship I mean!
we need to pray that she's fully recovered in time for junior nats 😭
There's no reason for her to retire unless she wants to. It's not like she's performing at the level of Maia (no offense to her). She can absolutely still medal at events, and other than Alisa and Veronika, I can't think of any upcoming juniors who be a threat to her right now.

Amei

Record Breaker
Khromykh hasn't been bad all season, and newsflash to Tarasova similar to Talaikina, they both had to qualify into Nationals. Its unfortunate that their worst skates happened at Nationals.

Remilia

On the Ice
All of you rejoice in Kamila being 3rd. Maybe it helps your lives in some way.

Well done to all girls. The correct podium.
I love Kami, so I'm not happy she's 3rd out of any ill intent, I'm happy because the judging was actually fair. I think it's the same for most people in here. The judges don't do her any favors by overscoring her...Just opens up the opportunity for people to hate on her.

DK74

Rinkside
Country
Germany
I think she enjoy life just fine. She should retire because she is 3rd best in the world?
Yes. She should retire with a last medal. She fought, she tried anything. Brave girl. If she will retire now, she can be proud she tried it a last time. But that's the maximum she could achieve.

She was the best and is now "only" number 3. The next 2 girls with amazing skills are waiting to compete as adults and Adeliia and Sofia will stay ahead of Kamila. So at maximum rank 4 or 5 next year (if she is allowed to skate after January). Why to compete for rank 4 when she was the best in the world? Makes no sense for me. If you cannot perform anymore on the same level, try something new. In business life that's pretty normal.
To know, when it's the right time to resign is part to be a great athlete. That's why Alina Z. for me is for the moment a bit greater than Kamila: She knew, when it's time to say "goodbye" and to go on with something new.

Compared to her shape at the beginning of the season and now I assume, Kamila enjoyed her life a few months ago also.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Oh i didn't notice. Isn't that a record ?
No it's not. 2019 and 2023 remains the toughest competitions, with 10 over 200 and 13 skaters over 190.
This year had potential to break that, but Khromykh and Kulikova bombed, so only 12 skaters over 190.