Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club | Page 80 | Golden Skate

Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Happy to add my own wishes for good luck to one and all at Canadian Nats. :yay:

Side note: Please do not be fooled by "fan"/impostor accounts.

"tessvirtue17" is *not* Tessa Virtue's verified account.

It's great for "tessvirtue17" -- whoever that person is -- to be supportive of Conrad et al. But I absolutely hate :dev2: that people are being duped :eek: into believing that the account belongs to the real Tessa Virtue.

Edited it.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Belatedly noting: this sadly was not captured by the TV cameras, but at Canadian Nationals during Joseph Phan's free skate, when he lands his second quad, he was right in front of Brian when he did that, and Orser jumped into the air like a rocket, pumping his fist. It was great.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Belatedly noting: this sadly was not captured by the TV cameras, but at Canadian Nationals during Joseph Phan's free skate, when he lands his second quad, he was right in front of Brian when he did that, and Orser jumped into the air like a rocket, pumping his fist. It was great.

Brian does that a lot and it’s always fantastic. Check 6:14 here:
https://youtu.be/dNfXYIFyn4U

Yuzu lands and Brian jumps in perfect sync. Those little moments always make me smile.

Weathergal

Medalist
oh how i love him. he stands there so professionally watching Javi, until Javi lands a jump and then Brian jumps like an excited child, then goes back to being a professional coach

i'm not sure what Javi was doing at 6:57, but Brian's leg kick was pretty funny

I've seen him do the leg kick before -- always cracks me up.

yude

Record Breaker
This is Jason's new interview by Canon (interviewer is Yoshie Noguchi) at 4CC, and here he describes Brian as "grand father, a person watching over him from the heaven" (why not a "father"? :laugh:) and Tracy as "mother".

https://global.canon/ja/event/skating/interview/2018_2019/brown.html

Jason says;

He didn't know whether Yuzuru and Jaier would continue competitive skating when he came to TCC in early summer, but he just wanted to learn from Brian and Tracy. But after all, they both decided to compete in this season and Evgenia also joined, so it was all like the present for him. Every skater is trying to do their best with lots of energy there, and it is not like being the rivals each other or competing for the ranking, but they are all working together as a team for the Worlds. There are many wonderful quad jumpers in TCC so all are good examples for him. Yuzuru's 4S is effortless and beautiful, JunHwan's 4S has power and its timing is great, Stephen's jumps are rotated fast, and Javier's quads are like he is flying in the sky. And Brian and Tracy are saying, "First of all, observing the jumps by these four is the best practice."

Sorry for my short summary, I haven't read all Jason's articles so I am not sure if there is new information in this article. He also says his parents will come to Saitama for WC :)