Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
New buddy-buddies Med and Brown are both assigned to Skate Canada and TDF :)

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
I am loving all the Jason content though so I hope we keep getting that! Whatever they're all comfortable with.

Exactly, everyone should just do whatever makes them happy and comfortable. Yuzu is happy to be a cryptid when he’s in Toronto, Jason loves to share and so on. As long as they all do what makes them feel better!

LucyH

On the Ice
Glad to see that David, who's just back from Japan himself, had an opportunity to connect with Zhenya before she needs to head to the Japan Open.

Japan Open? You mean the DoI show in early July? I don't think Evgenia is doing Japan Open

TGee

Record Breaker
Japan Open? You mean the DoI show in early July? I don't think Evgenia is doing Japan Open
Thanks for the catch! ( Where's the face-palm when you need it.)

Yes, of course the Japan Open is in October...

elizabethj37

On the Ice
Honestly, why do people think there's this terrible prohibition on TCC social media when Yuzuru's there? TCC skaters have regularly posted clips of their programs on instagram before, some of which you can even find Yuzuru in the background of. I'm sure Jason and Zhenya will keep posting stuff whenever they feel like.

I always thought people were exaggerating with that but apparently they are being serious. I agree, I don't see why any TCC skaters should stop posting once Yuzu gets there. I saw a lot of fans saying Jason and Janny should stop lmao but I don't see why they should. They all post stuff on social media, idk why people are singling out these two...

Tavi...

Record Breaker
So to change the subject just a bit, has anyone heard a whisper about when Boyang will arrive at TCC? He’s not competing until November 2-4 (Finland) so he has some time, but when you’re changing coaches, I’d think more time than less would be helpful.....

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
After all this food talk - Zhenya is making an instagram live. She said they found a Russian store and now she and Jason are trying out the Russian goodies. :biggrin: First thing they tried was a russian сырок :p

frida80

Record Breaker
After all this food talk - Zhenya is making an instagram live. She said they found a Russian store and now she and Jason are trying out the Russian goodies. :biggrin: First thing they tried was a russian сырок :p

Watching right now. They’re so adorable together.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Happy 1st Canada Day to Evgenia and Jason. I don't know about T.O. but here in the capital we just set an all time heat index record (47C).

ejnsofi

Final Flight
Happy 1st Canada Day to Evgenia and Jason. I don't know about T.O. but here in the capital we just set an all time heat index record (47C).

According to today’s live on instagram it was 40 degrees in Toronto. Also Zhenya said that additionally to 2 GPs she and Jason are going together to the same Comb B :D

TGee

Record Breaker
According to today’s live on instagram it was 40 degrees in Toronto. Also Zhenya said that additionally to 2 GPs she and Jason are going together to the same Comb B :D
Heat index is a combination of temperature and humidity.

It lets us know how the human body will experience the heat, the way the wind chill adjusted temperature compensates in winter.

Canada has more than its share of extreme weather in all directions, so Environment Canada has indicies to help us figure out the combination effects. And the schools use these to know when it's safe to let the kids out on the yards.

It's over 50% humidity in Toronto and Ottawa, so the heat index is higher.

Zhenya and Jason will likely soon figure out how to interpret Canadian weather reporting.

LucyH

On the Ice
Heat index is a combination of temperature and humidity.

It let's us know how the human body will experience the heat, the way the wind chill adjusted temperature compensates in winter.

Canada has more than its share of extreme weather in all directions, so Environment Canada has indicies to help us figure out the combination effects. And the schools use these to know when it's safe to let the kids out on the yards.

It's over 50% humidity in Toronto and Ottawa, so the heat index is higher.

Zhenya and Jason will likely soon figure out how to interpret Canadian weather reporting.

Wow it is HOT in SW Ontario today, only about 18C and partly sunny in Calgary today. Perfect for outdoor bbq for Canada Day party :) Not too hot!

TGee

Record Breaker
Wow it is HOT in SW Ontario today, only about 18C and partly sunny in Calgary today. Perfect for outdoor bbq for Canada Day party :) Not too hot!
Our kids have decided that they're not to old for playing in the backyard sprinkler.

No BBQ ambitions here today.

Hopefully Zhenya and Jason will find cool spots to hang out along the way....

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker

In this part of Toronto, around 43C right now. When going out to the car in the afternoon these past two days, I have to open the doors to let it cool off and idle it with the AC for a few minutes as the steering wheel is hot to the touch!

Danibellerika

Medalist
In this part of Toronto, around 43C right now. When going out to the car in the afternoon these past two days, I have to open the doors to let it cool off and idle it with the AC for a few minutes as the steering wheel is hot to the touch!

Toronto is actually hotter than Washington, DC right now?! That's wild! It's it 105ºF/40.5ºC here and we're dying! Hope they are staying as cool as they can! I burnt myself with my seatbelt (the metal part).

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OK, Canadians, I am completely confused. When you say it is 105 degrees F, are you talking *air temperature* or *heat index*.

Hit 99 in actual temperature today in Eastern PA. I don’t even bother with the heat index, because who cares? We’re always humid :biggrin: so I honestly don’t know what the heat index was.....

Jason and Zhenya need to get to the rink, ETA: to cool down, pronto!