2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
It looks like she is better than ever, scoring around 20 points higher than last season and even better than during the Olympic season.
With Hanul doing so well I feel Korean nationals are going to be an even more exciting event :)

Nats is going to be crazy with the Olympic skaters (Dabin and Haneul), the original trio (Eunsoo, Yelim, Young), the 05 trio (Haein, Seoyoung, Seoyeon), and other JGP skaters like Jihun and Yeonjeong all competing at the same place. Which is why I'm going on a journey of 2 hours via subway in January freezing to death, just to witness the whole thing :dance2:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nats is going to be crazy with the Olympic skaters (Dabin and Haneul), the original trio (Eunsoo, Yelim, Young), the 05 trio (Haein, Seoyoung, Seoyeon), and other JGP skaters like Jihun and Yeonjeong all competing at the same place. Which is why I'm going on a journey of 2 hours via subway in January freezing to death, just to witness the whole thing :dance2:

It will be exciting for you to be there. :)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
To be honest... I’m shocked they put Eunsoo 3(!) points below Karen. No disrespect to Karen, but Eunsoo was clearly deserving more points, imo.

Eunsoo is one of those skaters whom I find utterly charming and beautiful to watch, :luv17: and then I immediately get angry at the judges when we don't see eye to eye.

frida80

Record Breaker
I hope Yelim and Young are rested. Having to switch from junior to senior programs can’t be easy.

Then next week Eunsoo goes to Asian Open, on another continent just two weeks after competing.

Why can’t anyone see the problem with this?

theharleyquinn

Medalist
I hope Yelim and Young are rested. Having to switch from junior to senior programs can’t be easy.

Then next week Eunsoo goes to Asian Open, on another continent just two weeks after competing.

Young You was so visibly tired at her last event. The Korean ladies, as usual, are competing too much. It's clear that Eunsoo could've used a bit more time getting her jumps together this season, and she's getting no break to get organized. It's so senseless. The Korean fed runs their skaters into the ground.

lusterfan

Final Flight

Everyone but the federation sees the problem. Everyone but the federation has no power.

What will it take for them to realize they're literally self-sabotaging???

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Everyone but the federation sees the problem. Everyone but the federation has no power.

What will it take for them to realize they're literally self-sabotaging???

For that you need an actual brain to self-reflect, and KSU is basically a tumor... (sighs for the zillionth time)

I'm scared to watch SC, both Young and Yelim are going to be tired and nervous and (heavens forbid) if they leave the ice with disappointment in their faces I just might burst into tears. Especially Young, she did so many competitions already going back and forth across continents, and this is her senior debut season. The pressure she must be feeling...

frida80

Record Breaker
For that you need an actual brain to self-reflect, and KSU is basically a tumor... (sighs for the zillionth time)

I'm scared to watch SC, both Young and Yelim are going to be tired and nervous and (heavens forbid) if they leave the ice with disappointment in their faces I just might burst into tears. Especially Young, she did so many competitions already going back and forth across continents, and this is her senior debut season. The pressure she must be feeling...

It’s the lack of simple logic here. Wouldn’t test skates been the perfect time to select who’s going to YOG? Wouldn’t it be easier to hold just nationals instead of both nationals and slotting. Why would you have someone compete in back to back competitions across two continents? Why would you have someone that already has two GP go to a CS in between them when she should be resting for her next comp.

Eunsoo has scored 184 for each comp. she’s barely had any break at all. And I’m so mad at myself that I was glad that neither Yelim or Young got SA, because they just competed. Jun was so promising last year. Now it’s like he lost his rhythm. They all need more rest time so badly. But it’s nonstop. It won’t even let up next year. YOG, 4CC, JW, Worlds, and some inevitable comp in between them. This isn’t fair.

LuisRollerArg

On the Ice
I really hope SoYoun Park back this season! Last season she end with a georgous skate at Univ.. I think she is the complete package when she is on, even better than Eunsoo

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
It’s the lack of simple logic here. Wouldn’t test skates been the perfect time to select who’s going to YOG? Wouldn’t it be easier to hold just nationals instead of both nationals and slotting. Why would you have someone compete in back to back competitions across two continents? Why would you have someone that already has two GP go to a CS in between them when she should be resting for her next comp.

KSU, KSU, KSU, and KSU. Cursed is the one who holds hope

Eunsoo has scored 184 for each comp. she’s barely had any break at all. And I’m so mad at myself that I was glad that neither Yelim or Young got SA, because they just competed. Jun was so promising last year. Now it’s like he lost his rhythm. They all need more rest time so badly. But it’s nonstop. It won’t even let up next year. YOG, 4CC, JW, Worlds, and some inevitable comp in between them. This isn’t fair.

While I completely agree with your point about all of them needing more time to rest and less pointless domestic competitions, Junhwan has upped his tech in leaps and bounds and had a pretty great start of the season at ACI so it's a bit too early to say that he has lost his rhythm. And not that it excuses KSU and its utter stupidity, but it has never been fair. Being in love with Korean skaters is harmful to your psyche in general. But alas, as the line goes: I wish I knew how to quit them.

frida80

Record Breaker
KSU, KSU, KSU, and KSU. Cursed is the one who holds hope

While I completely agree with your point about all of them needing more time to rest and less pointless domestic competitions, Junhwan has upped his tech in leaps and bounds and had a pretty great start of the season at ACI so it's a bit too early to say that he has lost his rhythm. And not that it excuses KSU and its utter stupidity, but it has never been fair. Being in love with Korean skaters is harmful to your psyche in general. But alas, as the line goes: I wish I knew how to quit them.

The big problem is that they are probably looking at the results and patting themselves on the back. Yes Korea is nabbing medals left and right but they don’t care about what happens to them as the season goes on.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I really hope SoYoun Park back this season! Last season she end with a georgous skate at Univ.. I think she is the complete package when she is on, even better than Eunsoo

Pretty sure that she announced her retirement earlier this year...
But if she hasn't done so, it's still likely because she's currently touring with Cirque du Soleil.

frida80

Record Breaker
Young landed a beautiful 3A in practice! I’ll post the video in the competition thread, since they’ll delete it here.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Two wonderful senior GP debuts for Yelim and Young, I am so, so, so proud of them already. :luv17: And oh Young landed her 3A beautifully and got huge GOE not like it's a big deal I might've screamed out in joy and woke up maman (who proceeded to yell at me to not scream at 5 am) but not that a big deal eh :biggrin: :love:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Two wonderful senior GP debuts for Yelim and Young, I am so, so, so proud of them already. :luv17: And oh Young landed her 3A beautifully and got huge GOE not like it's a big deal I might've screamed out in joy and woke up maman (who proceeded to yell at me to not scream at 5 am) but not that a big deal eh :biggrin: :love:

They were both absolutely lovely.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Young You!!! :yahoo: I knew she would deliver, I knew it!
I made a prediction she would medal at SC back in summer, and I'm so proud of Young skating so well!
I should make more predictions... lol, another one - Young and Yelim get 2nd GPs. :biggrin:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
And now the original trio all has debuted as seniors on the GP circuit :luv17: :luv17: :luv17: Congratulations to both Yelim and Young for being so brave and keeping it together after falls, and extra congratulations for Young for her first GP medal :hap57:

Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of them both, in fact I'm more happy about the fact that Young kept it together after her fall on her 3A than her medal. Yelim too, she kept it together and delivered the rest of the program. While she may not get a medal she does get WR points, I'm happy for both of them. It was just yesterday that people started calling three little girls 'the kiddie trio', now those three girls are seniors and each beautiful skaters in their own right. I'm about to burst with pride :love: