2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating

lusterfan

Final Flight
If Young doesn't get a second assignment, that'll be truly scandalous (and such a shame!). Satoko (and Mie Hamada) will be in China, so maybe it would make sense to send Young along as well.

Rather than wasting energy exhausting its skaters, KSU should focus on politicking and backing its skaters instead. :noshake:

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Anyone know who design their costumes? I really would like a link to that designer's portfolio.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
If Young doesn't get a second assignment, that'll be truly scandalous (and such a shame!). Satoko (and Mie Hamada) will be in China, so maybe it would make sense to send Young along as well.

Rather than wasting energy exhausting its skaters, KSU should focus on politicking and backing its skaters instead. :noshake:

KSU doesn't have brains, and you need brains to politick... (sigh) and now that Young has medaled and could have a shot at GPF she's just not going to be invited, period. I am still holding a tiny sliver of hope for Yelim but well I'm ready to be disappointed...

Anyone know who design their costumes? I really would like a link to that designer's portfolio.

There isn't one fixed designer, there are a couple of them. And not every Korean lady gets her costumes from a Korean designer, for instance my darling squirtle Eunsoo is getting dresses from Lisa McKinnon (which I totally approve). I think I've said this before in this thread a while back, it just seems like all the designers are doing a good job :laugh:

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Yay for Young! Awesome senior debut; Aside from that 3A, her consistency has gone up so much. They really have maximized her BV in the long too - the 3A replaces a double jump by having her do three +3 combos! I hope and expect for her to have another assignment. China seems like the perfect opportunity. She might even have a shot at making the final if she skates really there... but she'll have to get the assignment first. Come on Chinese Fed, give her a chance and invite her! The Korean Federation may be incompetent, but they can't stop them from inviting her. And they do seem to have a way of getting their skaters to as many comps as possible... now get her to the comp that matters! But wouldn't it be great for Korea to have a lady in the JGPF and the GPF? Even the medal on its own is amazing though.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I also hope that Young You is invited to Cup of China to fill that vacated spot. She is now formally a competitive threat, but the Chinese ladies aren't going to medal in that field anyway, and there are no other Korean ladies there.

frida80

Record Breaker

Prepare to be scandalized, because she’s not getting another spot. Feds don’t like inviting skaters that may be threats to their own. Now it will be even worse because other feds like China or France, who don’t have competitive ladies, won’t want to invite Young because it will anger other refs that want to see their skaters go the GPF.

This is the main reason I hate the GP. It’s all politics. The moment Young landed her 3A way back in June, it was unlikely she would get another spot. Now that she’s succeeded, she’s being punished for it. If you’re from a small fed your at such a disadvantage. Young deserves a shot at the GPF final, but won’t get one because she’s so much better that other skaters.

That’s ok. She’s got a 4CC medal with her name on it.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Shame about the 3A, but an amazing free nevertheless! Congrats to Young, I’m so excited she made my prediction for her podium finish here come true! Such a stacked field, and she still medaled!!!

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Prepare to be scandalized, because she’s not getting another spot. Feds don’t like inviting skaters that may be threats to their own. Now it will be even worse because other feds like China or France, who don’t have competitive ladies, won’t want to invite Young because it will anger other refs that want to see their skaters go the GPF.

This is the main reason I hate the GP. It’s all politics. The moment Young landed her 3A way back in June, it was unlikely she would get another spot. Now that she’s succeeded, she’s being punished for it. If you’re from a small fed your at such a disadvantage. Young deserves a shot at the GPF final, but won’t get one because she’s so much better that other skaters.

That’s ok. She’s got a 4CC medal with her name on it.

The second I saw her land that 3A I knew she’d sealed her fate to not get a second assignment. Kihira only got her’s last season because it was all so last minute.

Let’s hope someone sees sense or the ISU stops the feds from playing around on the replacement list at least.

skatenewbie

Medalist
The second I saw her land that 3A I knew she’d sealed her fate to not get a second assignment. Kihira only got her’s last season because it was all so last minute.

Let’s hope someone sees sense or the ISU stops the feds from playing around on the replacement list at least.
Kihira got her 2nd because she's the host pick. Had she come from feds without GP she wont get 2 GP

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
I also do not understand the point of so many ranking competitions considering figure skating seems to be so low priority for the KSU... like, who is making all these rules?

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Young You got her deserved 2nd spot, yes - now waiting for our Ichatdelune to find out and cover the board with joy :dance2:

theharleyquinn

Medalist
I'm glad politics didn't stand in the way of her getting a spot, which would've been a real injustice. This totally changes the landscape of that competition.

skatenewbie

Medalist
getting a silver and she could be on GPF! Liza/Satoko could spoil it though, it will be close. If Scherbakova falter it will be even more interesting since its unpredictable

frida80

Record Breaker
Okay, but Young You got a second GP, Cup of China.

https://m.sports.naver.com/news.nhn?oid=477&aid=0000215268

She has a great chance at a medal as well.

She did? I’m so glad to be wrong. :hap10:

She has an excellent change to be wrong. This is one of the less stacked fields. I hope she keeps a calm head and doesn’t let the pressure get to her.

Sigh... another two week break. :palmf: I guess I can’t blame KSU for this one, but still.

sweetener

Rinkside
So elated You Young got a second spot! Looks like the vying for silver and bronze will be between her, Liza, and Satoko.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
What delightful news, just like frida I am utterly glad to be wrong :hap57: