2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating | Page 118 | Golden Skate

2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating

halulupu

Final Flight
bradie was wonderful and she is first after SP! Just saying. Not many seem to care here. makes me wonder why. She is americas number one!

Ross74

Medalist
bradie was wonderful and she is first after SP! Just saying. Not many seem to care here. makes me wonder why. She is americas number one!

I became a fan of Bradie when I saw her live at the Broadmoor Open in 2017. Her SP last night was awesome! Such a pleasure to watch. Excited to see her long. :)

natsulian

Final Flight
In response to Isabeau's speed, I don't think she skates atrociously slow or insanely fast. She skates with effervescence and jubilant, youthful energy, so that kind of masks her lack of speed. However, from watching many different skaters, nearly all of the post-6.0 skaters are slow compared to the 80's and 90's skaters who had huge jumps and insane speed. I think in terms of speed, it makes sense to be more slow: SO much is crammed into a program with 7 jumping passes, spins, footwork, transitions, etc... If they were all going at lightning speed, they would tire out much more easily. That is why a skater is so celebrated when they are able to jump huge and skate fast under this system.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

Agreed this was right on the level where she left last season at the WTT.

Very sharp choreography i liked it, and i really like her spins: the speed, the unusual entrance into the flyin sit spin,...

The only thing i still don't like is the lutz (too flat, she always has a weird landing) and maybe i'd like to see more twizzles on both directions, more skating on one foot in the steps sequences.

KatGrace1925

Medalist

I agree, she was wonderful. I went “wow,” at the end of that. After watching so many sloppy skates it was nice to see someone skate clean but not only clean, she skated beautifully. I think this program is going to be good for her and she seemed so confident, I wasn’t nervous throughout like I get for other skaters.

I was also proud of Karen for holding it together, she’s always been a favorite of mine and idk I wasn’t sure we’d ever see her back after the olympics. I am so glad she’s back and I hope for the best for her.

Also props to Amber for her clean skate, she really emoted throughout and I hope for the best got her in the free skate.

concorde

Medalist
In response to Isabeau's speed, I don't think she skates atrociously slow or insanely fast. She skates with effervescence and jubilant, youthful energy, so that kind of masks her lack of speed. However, from watching many different skaters, nearly all of the post-6.0 skaters are slow compared to the 80's and 90's skaters who had huge jumps and insane speed. I think in terms of speed, it makes sense to be more slow: SO much is crammed into a program with 7 jumping passes, spins, footwork, transitions, etc... If they were all going at lightning speed, they would tire out much more easily. That is why a skater is so celebrated when they are able to jump huge and skate fast under this system.
Speed leaves less room for error so either the skater hits the jump or they fall -rarely in between. I think much of Ting's unpredictability is due to her good speed. World Champion Katelyn Osmond is another good example of an unpredictable skater with great speed.

Right now I don't think we really have any US Juniors with good speed. More focus is put on improving consistency than improving speed.

Fyi. Speed is a very tough trait to gain. One of the primary reasons that USFS eliminated transitions and choreography at the lowers lessens was so that skaters could focus more on speed.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I have to say I really enjoyed Bradie's sp. The music and choreography are very original. I also believe the "stiff" movements are intended to match the music, like some of Kostner's programs. I would be a mismatch if she used lyrical/soft arms. After seeing her lp at Japan Open, I don't think I like her lp as much as her sp. But it may change.

skatenewbie

Medalist
What in the world? The TP put 3Lz+2T for Bradie even though she clearly did 3T?? Her score should be higher, even though i think her 3T is URed. I know it wont change the placement, but i thought they would marked that up like what happened with Alysa 4Lz in JGP Gdansk

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
What in the world? The TP put 3Lz+2T for Bradie even though she clearly did 3T?? Her score should be higher, even though i think her 3T is URed. I know it wont change the placement, but i thought they would marked that up like what happened with Alysa 4Lz in JGP Gdansk

You're right. Just watched replay. The protocol is wrong, it should be 3Lz + 3T (borderline under, but definitely not a downgrade). While it doesn't change the overall outcome, the correct score earned needs to be in the records, as it affects Season's Best ranking scores.

I don't know how her team/USFS gets this amended.

skatenewbie

Medalist
You're right. Just watched replay. The protocol is wrong, it should be 3Lz + 3T (borderline under, but definitely not a downgrade). While it doesn't change the overall outcome, the correct score earned needs to be in the records, as it affects Season's Best ranking scores.

I don't know how her team/USFS gets this amended.
The panel need to be called/get a warning at least. It could be a fatal mistake. I think they can tell referee? Yesterday Stepanova/Bukin RD score change. If you look at the video of their performance it said 80.46 but in protocol its 81.91, i dont know why it changed though.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I think all the ice dance changed, not just S/B's RD score. Something about the way the Pattern step was calculated for the RD, I think the ISU made some sort of comment somewhere about this.

natsulian

Final Flight
A 3Lz+3T< in the second half is worth 10.19 points. With a median negative GOE of about -2, that’s about 9.01 points. That’s nearly a 2.19 difference in points from the supposed 3Lz+2T with negative GOE. Had Bradie been judged correctly, she would be sitting at around 218.

skatergurl7

On the Ice
Pleasantly surprised with Bradie’s program today, thought she looked like a real lady out there. Much improvement from last year performance wise

frida80

Record Breaker
Years ago I said Bradie was only a artistic make over to being a top lady, but no one wanted to look past her Cinderella program. What I’ve always loved about Bradie is her level of consistency. You can teach a skater to be more artistic more easily than fixing a head case skater.

Next week is mission impossible part II. She’s now going against, Sasha, Rika, and Zhenia. Let’s just hope for a good skate and nothing else.

medoroa

On the Ice
When Bradie came up to seniors I found her intriguing in how angular she was, how much she stood out from the crowd. I was annoyed by people writing her off immediately, as they tend to do with skaters who don't fit the Michelle Kwan mold. Last year I loved her quirky, angular, off-kilter programs, thought she had one of the best performances of the entire season at WTT, where the crowd reacted passionately. Still people wrote her off as not a good performer, not a good interpreter of music, despite the fact that she was clearly interpreting the music -- it just wasn't music people wanted to hear or the sort of interpretation they expected.

Her FS tonight moved me, I was welling up. :) Beautiful music, beautiful sweeping skating, just a tiny bit of mistakes on the jumps but nothing that took away from how much she was feeling the music, how her emotions came through in her movements. She was smiling through that performance, it was full of genuine emotion.

Now I just hope this wasn't her peak for this season. :laugh: Go Bradie!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Couldn't possibly be the peak for Brady, as she was off the ice for most of the summer with a stress fracture of her foot. She's only had about a month to prepare for Japan Open and SA.

She's just beaten Kaori and Tuktamysheva---you'd better believe she is aiming to continue to move up. She is one confident and determined lady, and a fierce competitor.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Pleasantly surprised with Bradie’s program today, thought she looked like a real lady out there. Much improvement from last year performance wise

Me too. With a field this deep, I was worried that she could drop all the way off the podium due to the strength of the ladies. This event was a big step forward for her and I hope she's able to carry this level throughout the rest of the season. Bravo.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I’m rooting for Bradie this week at Skate Canada. But I have to admit, I think it’ll be tough for her to podium against Trusova, Medvedeva, and Kihira. I predict Bradie will be 4th or 5th, not enough to make the Final. And Bradie did just get higher scores because she skated in America, so I doubt we’ll see a repeat of her high PCS at Skate Canada. I could be wrong, though.

frida80

Record Breaker
I’m rooting for Bradie this week at Skate Canada. But I have to admit, I think it’ll be tough for her to podium against Trusova, Medvedeva, and Kihira. I predict Bradie will be 4th or 5th, not enough to make the Final. And Bradie did just get higher scores because she skated in America, so I doubt we’ll see a repeat of her high PCS at Skate Canada. I could be wrong, though.

Her PCS scores at worlds was 68 and WTT were 71. I think they’re her base line now. We should see similar scores next week.