2015 Cup of China Short Dance | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2015 Cup of China Short Dance

Cleo

On the Ice
Oh dear. Something must've went wrong.

About C/B's keypoints, their badly disguised 6/8 waltz is hurting them badly.

Chock/Bates and Ilyn/Za are both using 6/8 for their "waltz". Don't care for either dance. I/Z is just :con3: and C/B is boring. Loved Anna and Luca - so classy & should be much higher than the rest of the field.

Hope Kaitlyn is OK, her twizzles were great this time even though she wasn't feeling the best. It was a personal best score for them and Jean Luc noted their scores are moving up.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I just realized that the Shibs' SD score at Skate Canada was higher than C/B's here...:scratch3: A National title for them might not be as out of the question as I thought!

Bumdid

Record Breaker
I just realized that the Shibs' SD score at Skate Canada was higher than C/B's here...:scratch3: A National title for them might not be as out of the question as I thought!

Unfortunately, a ShibSibs win will only happen if C/B mess up their twizzles like today.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Cappellini/Lanotte were visibly slower than Chock/Bates and Ilinykh/Zhiganshin, but their skate was very relaxed and smooth, although with dynamic parts. And the dance was whole, I didn't even notice the change of rhythm, it was a very smart change in my opinion. After watching all the dances, I have to say that in my opinion Ilinykh/Zhiganshin were underscored, namely in SS, PE and probably IN, the GOE bonus for their twizzles should be higher. All in all, their dance was clean, they should be above Chock/Bates who made mistakes. I still don't like their 'rock' SD, especially Partial Step Sequence, but they skated with a lot of attack, and in my opinion, it should be rewarded. Oh, and please, change the costumes :reye:

Last edited:

Snow63

Record Breaker
Oh my, I have just read that Anna and Luca have fallen from the lift during the warm-up? Has anyone seen it? Is there a video?

uhh

Medalist
Oh my, I have just read that Anna and Luca have fallen from the lift during the warm-up? Has anyone seen it? Is there a video?

They had a collision with H/B, but I don't know if it was on a lift.

I agree with you that I/Z were underscored - I would probably have had them 0.5 higher on SS and 0.5 higher on both PE and IT, plus a little more on the GOE on the twizzles, scoring around 65 overall. C/B's PCS is ridiculous and with those errors they shouldn't be getting above 64. Agree with C/L leading, their elements were the strongest, but the top three teams should have all been closer on PCS.

My disappointment is that I/Z skated a clean program (apart from a brief wobbly moment on the lift) and got such relatively low PCS. It's hard to tell how much of that is due to skating earlier than C/B & C/L so the judges were still in a "leave room" mentality, and how much is that they don't like the program. And the scores are so mixed - from 6.5 to high 8s and some 9s, it's hard to get a clear message. I hope they can speak to the judges and get a better understanding of what they want them to work on.

Astrid56

Final Flight
Yes, C/B's twizzle was not perfect but, overall, they were the only ice-dancers who looked like they were actually performing ballroom dances _ Foxtrot and Waltz _ style and expression. I agree with the technical score though it was a little harsh but the PCS score was right on the money. The Choreography combined/merged ice-dance technical elements and the dances' elemental characteristics seamlessly.

Snow63

Record Breaker
Yes, C/B's twizzle was not perfect but, overall, they were the only ice-dancers who looked like they were actually performing ballroom dances _ Foxtrot and Waltz _ style and expression. I agree with the technical score though it was a little harsh but the PCS score was right on the money. The Choreography combined/merged ice-dance technical elements and the dances' elemental characteristics seamlessly.

And what was wrong with Cappellini/Lanotte's dance in your opinion?

Last edited:

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
I mean, I don't want to sound rude but
Do you guys agree with C/B PCS? I never considered C/B, especially Madison, having strong SS, especially compared to I/Z and C/L while they have 9.04 and I/Z have 8.13...
It was not their strongest skate yet they have quite a margin in PCS from others.

No I think it is a mystery for us all

Astrid56

Final Flight

It was a great performance (referring to C/L), not denying that. But there's ice-dance waltz/foxtrot, and there's ballroom waltz/Foxtrot _ both almost look similar but it's the feel ... the character that makes the difference.

Snow63

Record Breaker
It was a great performance (referring to C/L), not denying that. But there's ice-dance waltz/foxtrot, and there's ballroom waltz/Foxtrot _ both almost look similar but it's the feel ... the character that makes the difference.

It was polka, not foxtrot.

uhh

Medalist

What exactly is "ballroom" about flinging your arms wildly to Andrea Bocelli singing a hackneyed song from the 1950s?

Astrid56

Final Flight

It was polka, not foxtrot.

C/B, started out doing the Foxtrot. With C/L, they did the Polka pattern in the intro (a little bit of it _reel 25-35) and then second part (see the video reel starting from 151 with ) of their dance _ https://youtu.be/2rpYnUkkO4U . Well, I am not going to analyze in depth their choreography but C/L didn't do Foxtrot but they sure did the waltz (the pseudo waltz of ice-dancing).

Last edited:

Snow63

Record Breaker
C/B, started out doing the Foxtrot. With C/L, they did the Polka pattern in the intro (a little bit of it _reel 25-35) and then second part (see the video reel starting from 151 with ) of their dance _ https://youtu.be/2rpYnUkkO4U . Well, I am not going to analyze in depth their choreography but the C/L didn't do Foxtrot but they sure did the waltz (the pseudo waltz of ice-dancing).

Yeah, I'm not ballroom dancer myself. But for my eyes Chock/Bates waltz was as 'pseudo' as Cappellini/Lanotte's waltz. Maybe even worse since they used not correct time signature for it. I honestly didn't have a feeling that it was something special, although I liked their Foxtrot part.

As for polka, it was the highlight of the competition for me, along with Ilinykh/Zhiganshin's massive twizzles and Chock/Bates effortless lift.

Last edited:

Astrid56

Final Flight

Yeah, I'm not ballroom dancer myself. But for my eyes Chock/Bates waltz was as 'pseudo' as Cappellini/Lanotte's waltz. Maybe even worse since they used not correct time signature for it. I honestly didn't have a feeling that it was something special, although I liked their Foxtrot part.

As for polka, it was the highlight of the competition for me, along with Ilinykh/Zhiganshin's massive twizzles and Chock/Bates effortless lift.

I am not saying that C/B performed a true VW _ ice-dancing waltz is pseudo waltz. I haven't danced for ages but I remember my training (had a formal training in dance _ private instruction when I was very young and then went on to get university education on theatre/dance).

Last edited:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Was at work all day so I'm only just getting an opportunity to watch.

Hmm, I/Z skate with attack and energy, but it doesn't flow for me. Don't like the programme at all especially the March. The choreo of that part just looks silly to me.

C/B have a lovely foxtrot, IMO, but then it isn't so great for the waltz. I really like his elegant way of framing her though. And his arms have a great finesse.

C/L were the only one of the top three that I liked both parts to the dance. They remind me of the scene from a period film at the ice rink. Something like Gigi. Really liked it, especially the polka.

Last edited: