2015 NHK Pairs Free Skate | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2015 NHK Pairs Free Skate

Sackie

Medalist
Well with Lubov/Dylan's skate here they have moved ahead of MTM2 as the 3rd pair in Canada. After there bronze at SC it was looking like MTM might be the 3rd team in Canada and would be going to worlds ahead of L/D. S/B have really established themselves as Canada's #2 Pair.

deedee1

Record Breaker
COngrats to all medalists. Loved Yu/Jin! :love:

A quick question from me. Was Meagan/Eric's throw 3Lz a Lutz? Both of their 3LzThs at SP and free a bit questionable to my 'untrained' eyes I thought. Meagan used to have better outside edge on takeoff of LzTh in the previous seasons..?

whatif

Medalist
COngrats to all medalists. Loved Yu/Jin! :love:

A quick question from me. Was Meagan/Eric's throw 3Lz a Lutz? Both of their 3LzThs at SP and free a bit questionable to my 'untrained' eyes I thought. Meagan used to have better outside edge on takeoff of LzTh in the previous seasons..?

Well, TAT was demanding the judging panel to pay attention to that very fact. It was wrong edge and should have been called.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Thanks for the info, whatif. :) Relieved to hear at least someone as skilled in pair area as TAT has mentioned it, since she once was a pair skater herself.

Ice Diva

On the Ice
Thanks for the info, whatif. :) Relieved to hear at least someone as skilled in pair area as TAT has mentioned it, since she once was a pair skater herself.

It does seem in the slow mo Meagan changes her outside edge, but that's just from one angle & it's sometimes deceiving. Don't the judges have the benefit of super slow mo? TAT certainly had her knickers in a twist! But then D/R are the Russians' biggest threat ;)

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
well not gonna say anyhting about D/R
TAT said it all:whack: & I LIKE the programm & my fav song of Adele. But with such performance its just eh:(

But then D/R are the Russians' biggest threat
scoring~wise - absolutely. Skating~wise - not sure

But Yu/Jin may fill my void that P/T left! What a team:luv17: Can't wait to se them slay in te GPF!

B/D are:love: on the right track.

Last edited:

Ilvskating

Final Flight
According to the following article, Yu is fluent in Japanese; she taught her self by watching cartoon shows! She acted as interpreter a recent TV interview for themselves and Boyang!

The video is embedded in the article, and will be played automatically:

http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/figureskating/2015-11-30/doc-ifxmaznc5772871.shtml

I can only pick up a few things, obviously the TV hosts said her Japanese is beautiful:) Any comment from people who really speak Japanese, is she really fluent in Japanese?

Last edited:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
According to the following article, Yu is fluent in Japanese; she taught her self by watching cartoon shows! She acted as interpreter a recent TV interview for themselves and Boyang!

The video is embedded in the article, and will be played automatically:

http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/figureskating/2015-11-30/doc-ifxmaznc5772871.shtml

I can only pick up a few things, obviously the TV hosts said her Japanese is beautiful:) Any comment from people who really speak Japanese, is she really fluent in Japanese?

Honestly, Yu is probably more fluent in Japanese than I am and I've been studying the language for five years. She does have a noticible Chinese accent when she speaks which is actually really cute :3

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Honestly, Yu is probably more fluent in Japanese than I am and I've been studying the language for five years. She does have a noticible Chinese accent when she speaks which is actually really cute :3

Wow, that's remarkable! I wish I can learn a language by watching TV!

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Wow, that's remarkable! I wish I can learn a language by watching TV!

If only it could be that easy! :laugh: I have a hard time picking up languages though, so maybe I'm less skilled in that department

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Least inspiring discipline of the event! And that's saying a lot, given the ladies.

Yu/Jin: forgettable, though some nice moments.

Duhamel/Radford: hot, hot mess.

Scimeca/Knierim: just okay.

Can't even remember the other pairs...

cptnhastings

On the Ice
I was late on the results but was crying when I saw them. Y/J were so much better than D/R. Booooooo. :( I like them both regardless. :(