2016 Championnats québécois d’été | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Championnats québécois d’été

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Julianne & Charlie had great flow and chemistry as per usual. I see more maturity and polish this year. The twist, lift, throw, SBS spins all good and precise. Loved this short, ...they certainly know how to pick music and nail routines (even with hand down by Charlie on the loop).

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
Look at Julianne just before the twist, how she picks out the notes in the music with her hand & arm...so cool!

Also, they lost a ton of levels and their GOEs weren't that great....and they still got 38 TES! Wowowowow!

Last edited:

sarama

Medalist
I'm totally in love with Julianne and Charlie, and they keep improving so much every season (the loops:eeking:)!
I'm very impressed with MT-M, they had a really slow start together, but I feel they have finally found a way to make things work, and the death spiral entry was cool!

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Thei costumes are really nice again, Charlie has a white shirt with interesting detail on shoulders and a dark blue vest, Julianne a short orange/fuchsia dress. Almost samba-like. And Charlie's reminds me of Ryan Bradley's 2011 Mozart outfit :D

And they tried sbs triple loops!!! Their lift was great too, Julianne hit a super cool position and the exit reflected the theme of the music really well. All in all a winning programme!
Thank you again, TMC.

Videos of the top 2 SP

Julianne Seguin & Charlie Bilodeau

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT--WQPMB4c

Kirsten Moore-Towers & Michael Marinaro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT--WQPMB4c
Thank you very much, Alvyne. Will watch the videos as soon as I can.

Last edited:

Axelsk8r

Rinkside
It's the French version of Canadian summer series.... Serie Estivale Nationale ! Wow I'm good!!

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I'm honestly a bit disappointed due to the WDs. Nicolas Nadeau, Castelli/Tran, Paul/Islam. I wonder why they signed up but didn't come? It looks like a supportive crowd and good organization with video replay and mark breakdowns, etc.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
and baldé.... and mallet... and others... i am glad I didn't change my plans to make it there... yes seguin and bilodeau would have been nice to watch but yeah...
I'm honestly a bit disappointed due to the WDs. Nicolas Nadea, Castelli/Tran, Paul/Islam. I wonder why they signed up but didn't come? It looks like a supportive crowd and good organization with video replay and mark breakdowns, etc.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
and baldé.... and mallet... and others... i am glad I didn't change my plans to make it there... yes seguin and bilodeau would have been nice to watch but yeah...

It seems like Skate Detroit zapped all the Canadian 'star power'. Though of all the national team ice dancers, I think only Piper & Paul went to Minto to do a SD and that's it. Paul & Islam are supposed to be at Thornhill Summer Skate, but I've learned not to hold my breath.

What do you think so far 4everchan? Anyone standing out to you?

I found it odd that Justine Brasseur and Mathieu Ostiguy are trying a throw 3Lz while still doing a double twist - but I guess Bruno knows how to develop them. Their score was a few points off of Eby/Michaud's Skate Detroit SP. Joseph Phan's scores were interesting too - but can that kid land a 3A? He fell this time, alas. He needs that to get somewhere in the JGP I think. The French ice dancers were smooth, but I found them to be junior-ish. Really enjoyed the Danish ice dancers. It is beginning to look like Lajoie/Lagha will be 2nd in Quebec (and maybe nationally?) to Fabbri/Pietrantonio. Just getting that feeling watching their progress.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
so far... i was pleased with elladj's score.... and sbs 3 loops by s/b... that's it.... :) not much else but i admit i haven't watched too much of it
It seems like Skate Detroit zapped all the Canadian 'star power'. Though of all the national team ice dancers, I think only Piper & Paul went to Minto to do a SD and that's it. Paul & Islam are supposed to be at Thornhill Summer Skate, but I've learned not to hold my breath.

What do you think so far 4everchan? Anyone standing out to you?

I found it odd that Justine Brasseur and Mathieu Ostiguy are trying a throw 3Lz while still doing a double twist - but I guess Bruno knows how to develop them. Their score was a few points off of Eby/Michaud's Skate Detroit SP. Joseph Phan's scores were interesting too - but can that kid land a 3A? He fell this time, alas. He needs that to get somewhere in the JGP I think. The French ice dancers were smooth, but I found them to be junior-ish. Really enjoyed the Danish ice dancers. It is beginning to look like Lajoie/Lagha will be 2nd in Quebec (and maybe nationally?) to Fabbri/Pietrantonio. Just getting that feeling watching their progress.

Sackie

Medalist
Seems like Mallet is not having a great summer! Do you think she still has a chance at the TBA spot for Skate Canada?

Skatergal101

On the Ice
Seems like Mallet is not having a great summer! Do you think she still has a chance at the TBA spot for Skate Canada?

I'm kind of hoping they give someone else a shot at the TBA spot.. I mean she has had many chances to prove herself.

liv

Record Breaker
Loving S/B's short. They have improved so much... they skate with so much synchronicity and joy and they are a real team out there.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker

She was skating with a wrist brace at Skate Detroit, so I'm wondering if she's injured. If we go off of summer results, then Larkyn Austman has done better at Wild Rose (148.05) than Veronik at Skate Detroit (124.22). Veronik, however, is the only one that meets Skate Canada's international assignment criteria from last season. So I guess we'll have to wait for the Challenger Series events to see, most likely.

I have to say I was impressed by Carolane Soucisse & Shane Firus. For a new team, they didn't do so badly and took the silver. Unfortunate to see an invalid element for Fabbri/Pietrantonio.

nadster

Final Flight
She was skating with a wrist brace at Skate Detroit, so I'm wondering if she's injured. If we go off of summer results, then Larkyn Austman has done better at Wild Rose (148.05) than Veronik at Skate Detroit (124.22). Veronik, however, is the only one that meets Skate Canada's international assignment criteria from last season. So I guess we'll have to wait for the Challenger Series events to see, most likely.

I have to say I was impressed by Carolane Soucisse & Shane Firus. For a new team, they didn't do so badly and took the silver. Unfortunate to see an invalid element for Fabbri/Pietrantonio.

Too bad about Mallet and the wrist.

Kim Decelles scored 150.98 in Quebec BTW. She landed a clean 2A-3T in the long and rotated and fell on a 3T-3T in the short . She is listed as a substitute for one of the JGP's. Given it is the last year she could do JGP anyway and that there are only 6 JGP slots this year with many decent candidates; I think it is better she does the senior B/ possible TBA Skate Canada spot especially since she has not been competing the loop in the short program anyway.

The 160 standard for getting a senior B is absolutely ridiculous IMO. It basically means you must peak in the summer with in most cases new or greatly altered ( to show off new content ) programs to meet the standard. Highly unrealistic for skaters who clearly deserve the senior B assignments

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Too bad about Mallet and the wrist.

Kim Decelles scored 150.98 in Quebec BTW. She landed a clean 2A-3T in the long and rotated and fell on a 3T-3T in the short . She is listed as a substitute for one of the JGP's. Given it is the last year she could do JGP anyway and that there are only 6 JGP slots this year with many decent candidates; I think it is better she does the senior B/ possible TBA Skate Canada spot especially since she has not been competing the loop in the short program anyway.

The 160 standard for getting a senior B is absolutely ridiculous IMO. It basically means you must peak in the summer with in most cases new or greatly altered ( to show off new content ) programs to meet the standard. Highly unrealistic for skaters who clearly deserve the senior B assignments

I caught up with the ladies result and that is not a bad score for her. Though because she's listed as a substitute for a JGP I think the message is that Skate Canada is not ready to think of her as a full fledged senior. Kim didn't do that well as a junior lady at Challenge or Nationals last season, so even if we think Skate Canada's requirements are tough we can't ignore those past results. Larkyn won the bronze at Challenge, and narrowly missed a top 5 placement. Michelle Long is the question mark. She got 145.80 in Philadelphia and 146.01 at Summer Sizzle this weekend. Not amazing results for a member of the National Team.

The most concerning thing is that Canadian ladies can't manage to scrape 180 points while to be top 5 at Worlds you need +210. Where is the competitive fire? What is going on? Why can't they even score 160? Even the top 7 ladies at Junior Worlds managed to get that much.

(I think we need a Canadian ladies discussion thread.)

trains

On the Ice
Alaine Chartrand is the best so far I think with 192.23 at Minto Summerskate. Daleman and Osmond are up next at Thornhill.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Alaine Chartrand is the best so far I think with 192.23 at Minto Summerskate. Daleman and Osmond are up next at Thornhill.

:agree: I was happy to see she got it together. Now she needs to be consistent. I'm excited to see Gabby next weekend. Kaetlyn though... just hoping for some 3-3 from her.

I think the results from this competition might help some skaters get JGP spots. And maybe some help to improve their programs before JGP starts.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Was just looking through my News Feed on Facebook, and saw this post from Kirsten Moore-Towers:

Super disappointing to see skaters laughing at other skaters misfortune in competition. Let's support eachother!!

Source: https://www.facebook.com/kirsten.mooretowers/posts/10157326284100038

Judging from the replies on the post, I am guessing that it was from this competition.

So, does anybody that was watching know what happened? And who the unfortunate skater that was being laughed at was?

Whoever they were, they didn't deserve this.

Some people can be cruel. :disapp:

So well done to Kirsten for tackling it! :bow: :clap: :points:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: