2016 NHK Trophy Pairs FS | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2016 NHK Trophy Pairs FS

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Suddenly Peng looks like a little girl again. :( She was looking so grown up both last week and during the short yesterday.
I still think she's not much older than 17. So I believe that there's still hope that she can become a solid jumper again.

MIM

Medalist

reneerose

Final Flight
Duhamel and Radford win............. yay?

Their body language after the LP was definitely off. Hope he doesn't have an injury affecting his lifts. Poor Meagan with the frustration facepalm! Felt so bad for both of them!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Their body language after the LP was definitely off. Hope he doesn't have an injury affecting his lifts. Poor Meagan with the frustration facepalm! Felt so bad for both of them!

She was saying during the short that she was super cold. Maybe that was affecting them?

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
yeah... i know... sarahsynchro is so mad i put poje on my list that she's trying to get me in trouble... what jealousy can do right???

That's right, you can't attempt pull the wool over my eyes in order to steal my man and not expect retaliation, no sir.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
That's right, you can't attempt pull the wool over my eyes in order to steal my man and not expect retaliation, no sir.

Okay, I have been a witness to this love triangle for far too long, this hissing has been furocious, claws and all. Perhaps Poje has a brother and you can double date. That would be purrrfect ;)

QuadThrow

Medalist
IMO there is a big questionaire behind pair skating.

D/R added the 3ATh. But they were really inconsistent in all elements. The mistake at the lift was really surprising today. Their PCS are not the best. Maybe they feel pressure.

S/M surely have the best programs. But their run for the big tricks makes them inconsistent. Now Aljona is injured and nowboy knows if she can start at GPF.

S/H and S/K are injured anyway. So nobody knows what will happen.

T/M have a really strong SP but their Free is weak. The 4Tw was bad so far.

The only winners are the new two Chinese pairs. Both reached the GPF. What a big big match for the Chinese coaches. I can see Yu/Zhang medal in 2018.

rain

Record Breaker
Probably...but he looked super pained near the end, suddenly struggling with the lift...they looked stiff too....

I thought the lift looked strictly like a timing issue. I'll have to go back and re-watch, but my impression was that one of them made an unexpected stumble heading into it with the result that the timing was totally thrown. Thus he had to completely muscle it up with zero momentum. It's a miracle that it went up at all in these circumstances.

I was surprised they didn't do the quad throw. It's a relatively consistent element for them.

I'm in the minority that actually likes this program for them, but this was not their best outing.

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
I thought the lift looked strictly like a timing issue. I'll have to go back and re-watch, but my impression was that one of them made an unexpected stumble heading into it with the result that the timing was totally thrown. Thus he had to completely muscle it up with zero momentum. It's a miracle that it went up at all in these circumstances.

I was surprised they didn't do the quad throw. It's a relatively consistent element for them.

I'm in the minority that actually likes this program for them, but this was not their best outing.

Wasn't it a quad? I checked the protocols and watched it on youtube at quarter-speed. I was sure I counted 4 revolutions.

Edit: I watched the slow-motion replay at quater-speed and it was four revolutions but the toe of her skate touched or nearly touched the ice and she had to fight to keep her hand from touching as well which explains the negative GOE.

Last edited:

rain

Record Breaker
Wasn't it a quad? I checked the protocols and watched it on youtube at quarter-speed. I was sure I counted 4 revolutions.

Edit: I watched the slow-motion replay at quater-speed and it was four revolutions but the toe of her skate touched or nearly touched the ice and she had to fight to keep her hand from touching as well which explains the negative GOE.

Oops! Right you are. That was the quad.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
sarah has a husband :) she should just stick to watch she does... i stick to my harem ;)
Okay, I have been a witness to this love triangle for far too long, this hissing has been furocious, claws and all. Perhaps Poje has a brother and you can double date. That would be purrrfect ;)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
what's confusing is that Meagan said " i did a triple salchow" i think she didn't realize how fast she turned???

It's at the end of the video, when they meet the coaches... she points at Eric saying something like ' he didn't know what he was doing" for the lift... and then she's like BUT "I did a triple salchow"... as if they both messed up.... perhaps my hearing is messed up ?

In any case, when looking at the video in real time : it looks like a gigantic triple... when looking in slow motion??? i think it looks like one turn just happened really fast LOL... still confused... I LOVE this LP for them.. I hope they get it clean soon.
Oops! Right you are. That was the quad.