2016 NHK Trophy Pairs SP | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2016 NHK Trophy Pairs SP

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
I had to take a look - judge 1 is from Austria and judge 6 from Germany. :biggrin:

Just thought how it was interesting to see the judges NOT showing bias towards their own skaters. During this competition they seem to UNDERSCORE their own skaters compared to what judges from other countries put out... something that is VERY rare nowadays... :agree:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
:popcorn: :coffee: :giveup: Popcorn, Diet Coke, tissue for Kovtun-ing. Ready for 3 events...Love Eric and Megan's 3 Lutz!

Oh my god. If Kovtun was competing here and he pulled another tissue-gate, I'd have to immediately drop everything I was planning to do for the next week just to fly halfway around the world and slap him.

Thankfully, he's not competing at this GP, so he's safe from my slap wrath, and we are safe from the wrath of his disgusting existence.

Oops, back to the ladies thread I go. All aboard the regularly scheduled EST Thursday evening to Friday morning choo-choo-trainwreck!

Last edited:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Just thought how it was interesting to see the judges NOT showing bias towards their own skaters. During this competition they seem to UNDERSCORE their own skaters compared to what judges from other countries put out... something that is VERY rare nowadays... :agree:
I agree, although I don't like if their own judge is the drop score (is this correct English? :scratch2:). An athlete shouldn't lose only because his own judge wants to be overly fair. I rember I've seen this once in ski jumping and I didn't like it.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
so you are rooting for Martinique now? at first, i thought you were showing a Quebec flag... and then I realised that you would never do that as that's the province from where your faves are skating from ;)
I dont even know who's from Quebec:slink::laugh:
now Im curious!!

Duhamel liked my tweet btw:laugh: I guess she forgave me for that talk we had about Max T & his comments about her:biggrin:

moriel

Record Breaker

It actually was getting better. First big compos this year, there was blatant oversocring of their own by everybody. Now they show more restrain.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
D/R train in quebec LOL so do S/B :)

what tweet did she like?
now Im curious!!

Duhamel liked my tweet btw:laugh: I guess she forgave me for that talk we had about Max T & his comments about her:biggrin:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Woah, D/R didn't win the short? Color me surprised. Good for the pairs, though. Sometimes it is too boring.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
ah thx

btw great to know S/B are likely in the final!!:love: i was worried after CoR

yeah... i am relieved too...

so what was the tweet? lol

and yeah the martinique flag is identical but it has those snakes and quebec as fleur de lys.... (lilies).. because well we are pretty flowers ;)

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
yeah... i am relieved too...

so what was the tweet? lol

and yeah the martinique flag is identical but it has those snakes and quebec as fleur de lys.... (lilies).. because well we are pretty flowers ;)
ah just a random tweet about wishing luck at NHK
She wrote some pleasant words about our old man Sergei so I had to reply :biggrin:

I'll go google
inetersting

1 more time huge thanks CaroLiza for putting all the work into this flag feature!:hap85::luv17:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
she's very supportive of the oldies club :) i like sergei the most in russian men right now but misha is not far behind :)
ah just a random tweet about wishing luck at NHK
She wrote some pleasant words about our old man Sergei so I had to reply :biggrin:

I'll go google
inetersting

1 more time huge thanks CaroLiza for putting all the work into this flag feature!:hap85::luv17:

QuadThrow

Medalist
Woah, D/R didn't win the short? Color me surprised. Good for the pairs, though. Sometimes it is too boring.

Well I have never expected the judges to be so brave to put the new P/J in first place. That is little sign that D/R are not superior anymore.

I am glad. The program is quite empty with these mistakes. The PCS were fair.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
just a sign that you cannot make two mistakes in the short... when a good team goes clean. not worried for D/R
Well I have never expected the judges to be so brave to put the new P/J in first place. That is little sign that D/R are not superior anymore.

I am glad. The program is quite empty with these mistakes. The PCS were fair.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Now I’ve watched all three events thanks to Pamigena and syvpow :thumbsup: Few clean performances overall. The difficulty is so high. I guess skaters are preparing for nationals and championships, still testing things.

Very happy for Peng/Jin. Hope they qualify for the finals.

Thanks for all information, opinions and fun chatting.

ancientpeas... my doggie died this week... i was just a proxy daddy so it wasn't mine but i walked it every night for 6 years so... yeah...

Oh, that’s so sad. We know they'ill die before us, but it’s terrible when it happens. How nice that you had a companion who loved walking with you :)

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
now Im curious!!

4everchan already pointed out that D/R and S/B train in Quebec - there's also MT/M in Quebec as well (using same coaching team as D/R) so that's three of Canada top four pairs teams training in Quebec. Lubov and Dylan are at TSCC under Lee Barkell, Tracy Wilson and Bryce Davidson - I believe they have some training sessions at the Hamilton FSC as well. Brittany Jones and Josh Reagan (Canada #5) are also coached by Bryce Davidson. :)

However, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the only pairs skaters on this list who were actually born and raised in Quebec are Julianne and Charlie.

Last edited: