2016 Trophée de France Free Dance | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2016 Trophée de France Free Dance

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
a swan... a beautiful swan.... gosh... when was the last time you went to the zoo?
I just don't understand why Guillaume, with the longest neck I've ever seen, always wears a V neck shirt which makes him look even more like a giraffe.

yuna13

On the Ice
tweet from fs gossip: tarasova about P/C FD "it's amazing dance, a story of life. it's some kind of perfection of style and movements.":):agree:

nice

Last edited:

AsadaFanBoy

Final Flight
Wow.

I kind of feel bad because when I watch Papadakis and Cizeron, he commands all my attention and I can't help but focus mainly on him. He's so good!

mrrice

Record Breaker
Wow.

I kind of feel bad because when I watch Papadakis and Cizeron, he commands all my attention and I can't help but focus mainly on him. He's so good!

You know why....Cuz He's...:love: They sure were good today. In fact, I liked everyone in the Top 5. I can't believe how far dance has come. It used to be the snack break during every event and could only be enjoyed by purists. Now, with the more modern music, costumes, and a bit more freedom to be creative, it's has really become one of my favorite events.

Last edited:

oat

On the Ice
From TAT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtBbtxWrbJk
thanks to Алекс Алекс and alexjwebabou for translation

The commentator: "So, Tatyana, is this different from Mona Lisa or something by Picasso?" (!!!) Tarasova: "I am stunned... there is no beginning, no end, that's how this story {exists}... they penetrate the music, the text of the music, delve into every detail which resonates in the soul... I don't see the fatigue or the idiotic levels that i see in other performances - "they did that and that to get a level" ... here only at the end of the step seq i realise that it was a step seq... I'm happy to be here in Paris to see this earlier than {I expected}...they can do absolutely everything with their bodies... splendid dance... perfect choreography... perfection of style... applause to the teachers who chose this {path} for G/G {{{she is clapping}}} We live in this dance with them.

"I'm just shocked. There is neither beginning nor ending, there is only their story... I want to ask them what their dance is about. They penetrated so much into the music, into the text of the music, into each and every detail. It is just amazing. I don't see any sign of fatigue on their faces... I noticed the second step sequence only at its end... Their bodies are so perfect, choreography is a masterpiece as well. They do anything what they want to do...I'm excited of having come here, so I can see it with my own eyes... The style, the music, the movements of their bodies, the movements of their thoughts, well, everything is perfect. I want to applaud them, and their coaches as well. You can master any technical movements, but to create something like that and explain how to do that to the performers is a far more difficult challenge etc.

andromache

Record Breaker
P/C are simply beautiful. This program doesn't speak to me as much as Mozart or To Build a Home, but it's still excellent. Love that it's a little more avant garde.

rain

Record Breaker
Happy for H/D, but really disappointed for I/Z. I had so much hope coming out of the SD, and now I fear for their fates at Russian Nationals. I don't understand- they were excellent in their first season together, and I feel like the judges want to reward them this year for breaking out of the current fashion of lyrical programs, but they can't keep it together!

Also, G/P make me smile every time. If you'll all forgive me bringing mention of ladies' into this thread, there's been discussion of how Gracie Gold looks miserable on the ice, and I feel like G/P are the exact opposite: they always look delighted and 100% into whatever they're doing, and I enjoy their quirkiness every single time.

H/D look really good this year. I wonder if they have any hope of cracking the top two in the U.S. with the Shibs and C/B ahead of them in the pecking order.

I/Z — this program is a bit of a mess. The fall was a problem of course, but the whole routine was just sloppy, when this kind of dance requires such precision to really be successful. I don't know that this is a good vehicle for them.

Love G/P. Couldn't agree with you more about their performances and the fact that they're the antithesis to Gold. Thought they got lowballed in the scores (unlike just about everyone else at this competition — oy the inflation). Their performance was sublime.

P/C were lovely. Really enjoy the choreography and they looked really smooth for this point in the season. Don't know that I 115 liked it, but again, not surprising at all given the general scoring trend here. I appreciate their incorporation of modern dance. I don't disagree with those who have said their FDs are starting to look pretty similar over the years, but I wasn't bored. It still had impact.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I'm slowly learning that you can't reason with an uber (of any ilk) about anything...

yes, because regardless of your negative opinion even not over a skater himself/herself, but about the program, skating, choreo, etc., you will be called 'seething hater' as it was yesterday in Ladies SP thread, it's simply sad that so many people can't get over a simple fact that such sport figure skating is, especially ice dance, is pure subjective on all levels: scoring, impression, taking risks, difficulty...

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
yes, because regardless of your negative opinion even not over a skater himself/herself, but about the program, skating, choreo, etc., you will be called 'seething hater' as it was yesterday in Ladies SP thread, it's simply sad that so many people can't get over a simple fact that such sport figure skating is, especially ice dance, is pure subjective on all levels: scoring, impression, taking risks, difficulty...

You should be able to say "I don't like something or something else" without people freaking out. You should be able to make a joke. Some joke are in bad taste and some jokes aren't funny but for the most part I assume most people just didn't get that it was a joke and aren't trying to start a fight with me.

I am a huge G/G fan. I loved them. Even I can accept that their win in '94 can be questioned and maybe M/D should have won the gold.

When people decide that only their opinion on subjective issues is the correct one they instantly become less interesting to me.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
we are all like that in montreal ;) that's why i keep swooning... :)

You know I visited Montreal years ago in the dead of winter. And that's so true. My friend, who is also gay, dubbed it Cruise City Canada or C3 for short. Even bundled up for winter there was eyecandy galore.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Happy for H/D, but really disappointed for I/Z. I had so much hope coming out of the SD, and now I fear for their fates at Russian Nationals. I don't understand- they were excellent in their first season together, and I feel like the judges want to reward them this year for breaking out of the current fashion of lyrical programs, but they can't keep it together!

Also, G/P make me smile every time. If you'll all forgive me bringing mention of ladies' into this thread, there's been discussion of how Gracie Gold looks miserable on the ice, and I feel like G/P are the exact opposite: they always look delighted and 100% into whatever they're doing, and I enjoy their quirkiness every single time.

Yes their joy is palpable. Which is why I really wanted to bring Piper a nice steaming mug of hot chocolate yesterday and cook her dinner and tell funny stories to cheer her up. Because that palpable joy was dimmed.

But she--and they--will get it back.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
What? You don't like being called a Hateful Hater Who Hates? What's wrong with you???

I'd actually laugh if someone called me that. :) Cause it makes me think of the Buffy quote: you are a lying liar who lies.

I like to think you can fangirl (or boy) for someone and not be so blinded that you can't see that they have flaws and or someone else might be better on a given day.

If your team basically does a Zamboni impression on the ice and you still think they should beat a clean other team then you might want look into your own thought processes more closely.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
You know why....Cuz He's...:love: They sure were good today. In fact, I liked everyone in the Top 5. I can't believe how far dance has come. It used to be the snack break during every event and could only be enjoyed by purists. Now, with the more modern music, costumes, and a bit more freedom to be creative, it's has really become one of my favorite events.

Another Convert To The Fold!

We Dance Ubers will not rest until we have converted everyone!

:hap93:

Join Us. You Know You Want To...

:yes2:

Last edited:

gmyers

Record Breaker

When I/Z were so impressive in their first season lots credited kustarovas ability and experience with junior teams who haven't been together that long. She seems to have a process of quick gelling but absolutely no ability for growth or technical refinement. They need to leave her.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
try it in the first days of spring, when the terrasses open and eyecandy loses its wrapping... it's intense ;)
You know I visited Montreal years ago in the dead of winter. And that's so true. My friend, who is also gay, dubbed it Cruise City Canada or C3 for short. Even bundled up for winter there was eyecandy galore.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I'd actually laugh if someone called me that. :) Cause it makes me think of the Buffy quote: you are a lying liar who lies.

I like to think you can fangirl (or boy) for someone and not be so blinded that you can't see that they have flaws and or someone else might be better on a given day.

If your team basically does a Zamboni impression on the ice and you still think they should beat a clean other team then you might want look into your own thought processes more closely.
:agree::clap::agree2:

mrrice

Record Breaker
try it in the first days of spring, when the terrasses open and eyecandy loses its wrapping... it's intense ;)

A conversation about Montreal without me and Gino Vanneli. I've always said to my friends here in Ca. that Canada is like 3 different Countries rolled into 1. Unlike the US, where the Dialect may change, the language however, does not. Our tour of Canada was so spectacular and there are still parts and places that I can see as clear as day even though I haven't been back since 2010. I still say that the best looking Men that I saw were in Saskkatchewan. Plus, I loved the way they talked.

How popular is Banff with Canadians? I loved that town and it reminded of Telluride Colorado. There were some Big Canadian Men in that town. In fact, the way I met the guy I "hung out" with for the majority of our tour said......"That's good coffee, Eh." In a shop on the main street and that was it.....:drama:

Last edited: