2016 Trophée de France Pairs LP | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2016 Trophée de France Pairs LP

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Aljona and Bruno really have to re-think everthing techical.

The programs are superb and I go with the PCS but want to see some conistency!!

I like the programs too but i think 71 for components is too high when you have mistakes on 4 jump elements,
For most 70+ pairs that's the point when the judges scare them with a 68 type thing ;)

VT and SK's programs last year were simply the best, so i don't know why this should be just Nina Mozer's fault.

TM aren't at that level yet, but they are on a good path and they have an exceptional team behind. I like their short program a lot, i don't think it's outdated or bad, the free skate could be better.

I agree for SK but Morozov did their program. VT was a mess, the LP underwhelming and not creative at all, the SP lacked any indian flavour you can find. SavSzol 08 SP, that was a spot on indian themed program, the russian felt faking, like IZ FD this year.

TM aren't on that level and keep coming with outdated programs year after year, I lost hope.

Has any team ever won gold in their first two grand prix events? Hello world. I am here and I'm going to take all of your gold medals. :peace:

I hope her foot is okay, they're completely nuts but health first, crazy second. It's frustrating to see a lv2 3twist at all of their competitions, it's so good that they should be scoring over 10 points on this element. I agree with ditch the 4sal for now (or do it earlier in the program where the pairs spin is at, still in the bonus :giveup: ), do a throw 3lutz instead and work on the 4twist. :think:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
for what my opinion is worth, I don't think VT's bollywood was tasteful... just my opinion. But i did like S/K's programs

I, also, didn't care for V/T's programs last year. S/K's were very good. I wish they would have skated up to their potential at Worlds.

QuadThrow

Medalist
well you are asking them to focus on completely different elements... i too wonder why no 4twist... but yeah... i think that two new throws was a bit too much for them this year...
This is exatly what I want.

4Tw should be enough to beat everyone else when the other elements are clean.

Giselle

Medalist
I'm starting to think they don't advocate for themselves enough. They should be saying to the Russian Fed: "Look, we aren't getting the PCS for this program and if S/k don't come back for Worlds we are the best chance you have for getting 3 spots for the Olympics. Help us get a better long."

Why do people think that the Russian fed does nothing to help T/M :sarcasm: ? That these programs are forced on them?
Since S/K are injuried and V/T having a baby they are number 1 in Russia. They worked with 2 new choreographers this year for their programs A.Gazsi and P.Tchernyshev. They get to work with Robin Szolkowy so the Russian fed IS investing in them.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Yes, you forgot that at GPs the home nations are always favoured:laugh: Bruno is French and James/Cipres have an automatic right to be placed higher than a Russian team, that happened before with Astakhova/Rogonov despite having a series of mistakes. Oh well, T/M are on their way up and I love it. Love the song as well, but they need to put more passion into it. Z/E are in good shape as well, given that nobody expected too much of them when season started. Duhamel/Radford can and will still show S/M the ropes in time. Looking forward to it.

I felt J/C's scores here today is underscored, not even making their SB. They have tones of "wow" elements and creative transitions while T/M with a boring program didn't sell their program with a clean execution. I love the song that T/M use, but the program is outdated... However, I'm more curious about detailed analysis and breakdown of each elements.

VT olympic gold medalist, SK olympic silver medalist.

How can she be overrated? :laugh:

Read all. Because she had good teams, with all the skills already there and with more artistic vision than TM.
Second, it was in Sotchi, anything could have happened, VT would still have won.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
j/c deserved their medal today... as for bruno being french, i'm not sure how helpful that is considering the french fed was angry at him...

Well, after skate full of mistakes and a fall, they got four 9 for PE, so clearly it helped. I can agree they deserved high components on composition or interprtation, but not that. The mistakes disrupted performance all the time, people say that clean skates always get higher PCS, so why so UNCLEAN skate got so high PCS on ALL components? It does not reflect how the skate went at all.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
when was the last time we saw Aliona land on one foot? the 3Fth was also an issue... I think that's a huge concern for this team... perhaps he is throwing her a bit too hard.... I would address that problem first if I were their coach.. no matter if they do triples or quads... she needs to be able to land on one foot... otherwise they get -2 across the board. (or at least should get -2)

This is exatly what I want.

4Tw should be enough to beat everyone else when the other elements are clean.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i agree. i think judges are scared of Aliona ;) haha... she is a tiger diva for sure ;)
Well, after skate full of mistakes and a fall, they got four 9 for PE, so clearly it helped. I can agree they deserved high components on composition or interprtation, but not that. The mistakes disrupted performance all the time, people say that clean skates always get higher PCS, so why so UNCLEAN skate got so high PCS on ALL components? It does not reflect how the skate went at all.

Kutien

Final Flight
Sorry, just 480 =( Eurosport 2 Russia
1 Aliona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOT GER 210.59 1 1 video
2 Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV RUS 206.94 2 3 video
3 Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES FRA 198.58 4 2 video
4 Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT RUS 192.56 3 4 video
5 Marissa CASTELLI / Mervin TRAN USA 176.18 5 5 video
6 Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER ] AUT 145.01 6 6 video

QuadThrow

Medalist
when was the last time we saw Aliona land on one foot? the 3Fth was also an issue... I think that's a huge concern for this team... perhaps he is throwing her a bit too hard.... I would address that problem first if I were their coach.. no matter if they do triples or quads... she needs to be able to land on one foot... otherwise they get -2 across the board. (or at least should get -2)

Almost all throws are two footed. She one footed the salchow at world and the flip at euros (SP) last season.

I have seen some practice and I think she able to do a perfect 2ATh and 3STh on one foot now. But instead of showing this they are going for the biggest throws. And their coach said that this affected Aljonas timing at the triple.

Lyssa

On the Ice
Country
France
1 - Savchenko/Massot (GER) : 30pts - 1er & 1er
2 - Tarasova/Morozov (RUS): 24pts - 2ème & 3ème

3 - Seguin/Bilodeau (CAN): 22pts - 1er & 5ème
4 - Zabiiako/Enbert (RUS): 22pts - 2ème & 4ème - 390,33
5 - Denney/Frazier (USA): 22pts - 2ème & 4ème - 380,88

6 - James/Ciprès (FRA): 20pts - 3ème & 4ème

---------------------
Duhamel/Radford (CAN): 15pts - 1er & NHK