2017 CS Finlandia Free Dance | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Finlandia Free Dance

madison

Record Breaker
I'm just going to come out and say IT. V/M have the Olympic gold I tell you. Both their programs are superior to those of the french team, fall or no fall, ehem. P/C, though lovely are just not there yet. So that's my story and I'm sticking to it. And until I see C/L, Shibs and C/B I am not even saying that P/C are a lock for the silver. What I will say is two spots on the podium are spoken for and the third will be a surprise :) Have a good day now, y'hear.

I also like more V/M programs this year, although, traditionally I-m more into P/C. Anyway, we never know how the judges will appreciate both of these teams.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
And until I see C/L, Shibs and C/B I am not even saying that P/C are a lock for the silver.

It's true that we have yet to see their programs, but I have heard this story about P/C not being even a lock for silver before worlds 2017 so many times, people were actually starting to believe it. And then it came the Free Dance at worlds :)
I can't believe people are already dissing P/C for having a fall in their first international competition of the season with months before the Olympics! I think P/C actually surprised with a very good SD when people were already expecting them to be weak on this portion. And I don't think V/M will have the same edge against them with their SD like they had last season. (IMO, Prince SD was brilliant, this one is good but not as good). Both teams have strong FD, playing on their strengths. I don't know which team will manage to win the gold but I am almost 100% it's going to be either P/C or V/M.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
And in my estimation, FB/S will surpass S/B by worlds. They are such a classy sophisticated pair. Their day is coming so watch out world. They were the highlight of the ID competition for me. Period.

One thing for sure, their programs (of Danish team) are delicious this season :biggrin: My favourite SD at Finlandia Trophy by some margin.

For me they're stronger team than any Russian one bar B/S but it's time to finally start winning over them in competition but we know that those who judge love Russians no matter what so good luck :drama:

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Edited to add: Yup, another Montreal team.

No, Fear & Gibson are not solely a Montreal team actually.

Yes, Romain Hagenauer has done their choreo (as he did last season when they competed at CL events and Euros & Worlds and won the British Championships). They've also had a session with both Torvill & Dean when Chris was in London. They go to Montreal for training with Romain. But day to day they train in London with Karen Quinn, as does Sasha Fear & George Waddell, our Junior team. The way Karen's name gets left out and Alexandra Palace rink where they train is very annoying.
Lilah & Lewis will go to PyeongChang as alternates to take in the experience. I agree it's a shame GB doesn't have 2 Dance entries (or 3 to include Robynne Tweedale & Joe Buckland).
But my biggest beef against the ISU and the cartel of the big nations is that GB couples have been excluded from the GPs. I was fuming when I read on IDC that Kuzmichova/Siniczyn have been added to the Rostelecom Cup roster. Why? How? Ahead of Coomes/Buckland and Fear/Gibson? šŸ˜£