TMC

Record Breaker
Tes :shocked:

ETA: Finnish commentators are ecstatic :laugh2:

ETA: Now they're fuming because T/P got a music deduction :drama:

Last edited:

Giselle

Medalist
Since the break is coming up: Does anyone know what happened to Federica TESTA and why she and Lukas CSOLLEY split???

AFAIK Federica Testa simply retired to focus on her studies. No hard feelings between her and Lukas ;)

Reynnou

On the Ice
Nathalie Péchalat, who's commenting on french Eurosport, didn't like the Finnish at all. I think it's because she can't stand Margaglio...

TMC

Record Breaker
Nathalie Péchalat, who's commenting on french Eurosport, didn't like the Finnish at all. I think it's because she can't stand Margaglio...

They really had something with that FD last season, but I'm afraid that this year's set of programmes is a bit of a let down... Not saying it's just the programmes that aren't great, but a great programme can hide a multitude of sins!

auser

Record Breaker
I wasn't half listening (trying to read comments here), and my ears pricked up and I thought "Did he say what I think he said?!" and I wound it back, and he had.

He was talking about techniques to improve your posture, but I'm not sure which one of them in particular he was talking about (didn't win back far enough).

I'll wind back and check during the resurfacing.

And I'd rather not think about the almond or the technicalities! :slink:

CaroLiza_fan
CaroLiza_fan, can you please tell me who is commentating? Nicky and another commentator? I thought I've been hearing Simon commentating tennis this week?:)

Last edited:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Alright, I'm off to work. Good luck to everyone! I'll be watching the boards, so post many witty things

Reynnou

On the Ice
They really had something with that FD last season, but I'm afraid that this year's set of programmes is a bit of a let down... Not saying it's just the programmes that aren't great, but a great programme can hide a multitude of sins!

I agree that they had better programs last year but I don't think that this year ones are that bad.

Nathalie P. basically said that their technical score was a joke and that they only had it because Maurizio is a technical controller and he knows many people in the judging panel...

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
CaroLiza_fan, can you please tell me who is commentating? Nicky and another commentator? I thought I've been hearing Simon commentating tennis this week?:)

Nicky Slater and Chris Howarth.

Simon Reed and Catherine Whittaker are indeed doing the tennis, as far as I know.

No idea whether we will hear Mark Hanretty sometime during the week. He might be in Ostrava in a coaching capacity.

CaroLiza_fan

TMC

Record Breaker
I agree that they had better programs last year but I don't think that this year ones are that bad.

Nathalie P. basically said that their technical score was a joke and that they only had it because Maurizio is a technical controller and he knows many people in the judging panel...

That tech score was massive! Their PB is 30 something, but the skate they got that for seemed miles better than today's.

ETA: looking at the score again I'm not sure that I agree with them being so close to H/K in PCS either...:roll9:

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'll wind back and check during the resurfacing.

OK, I checked.

Nicky was talking about how good Yurii's positioning was, and how strong his back must be to hold those positions. Then he told a story about taking his son skating, and the young fella was trying to do things and it wasn't working. And it made him realise how strong you have to be to do the things that his daddy did.

Then Nicky started talking about things you can do to get your posture right. And that the almond thing was something that the coaches would say to do. And he quickly added that he doesn't advise trying it!

So, that's it.

CaroLiza_fan

auser

Record Breaker
Nicky Slater and Chris Howarth.

Simon Reed and Catherine Whittaker are indeed doing the tennis, as far as I know.

No idea whether we will hear Mark Hanretty sometime during the week. He might be in Ostrava in a coaching capacity.

CaroLiza_fan

Thank you :thank:. How kind of you to remember my enthusiasm for Scot commentary ;)

Last edited:

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Is there a story with these costumes, because they do not seem to go together at all.

Giselle

Medalist
I feel like Nazarova/Nikitin are wasted with Igor's genereric choreo, they need to stand out more.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm usually pretty iffy about these two but I actually loved that! Really energetic and happy and fun :cheer: