2017 GP Cup of China Pairs SP | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Cup of China Pairs SP

rollerblade

Record Breaker
I think S/H had better music and choreo the past two years. Having said that I still think they're the best pair in the world. Beautiful skating :love:

This was definitely the blandest of the last 3 Short Programs for them. Lori didn't save the best for Olympics.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
This team is such a hot mess. :dance3:

They're very lucky that Italy has 2 spots for the Olympics.

nimi

Medalist
Fall on SBS 3S. Low landing on 3Twist. Hand-down on throw 3Lz. Mamma Mia!
Well... They didn't let the program go and finished pretty strong but yeah, must be a big disappointment for them, esp. after the strong showing in Russia...

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
7 Valentina MARCHEI / Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA)

Music: Tu vuo fa l'Americano by Renato Carosone

Red polka dot dress / white shirt, black pants

3S - she fell, he stepout
3Tw - low catch
3LzTh - hand down
3Li
FiDs
PCoSp
StSq

Yikes, messy skate unfortunately

SP: 29.28+31.25-1.00 = 59.53, 5/7

tulosai

Record Breaker
very messy skate by M/H... unexpected. even the DS was slow and not level 4

Why unexpected? They are SUCH an unpredictable team, occasionally the jumps are on but the rest of the time it's like this. This is no surprise to me.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I really want to like M/H but their programs are always such a hot mess to me...

I wish they would just dial down the exaggerated expressions a bit and work on being a little more polished. I like the fact that they try to entertain & not put people to sleep like some others do, but it just feels like they try a little too hard.

MIM

Medalist
I took a break to kitchen and grab Reese's. I watched them once and that was enough.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Well, they basically earned the 2 spots (and denied US the 2 spots) by placing ahead of Knierims @ Worlds, so...

Oh, absolutely! And I'm very happy they have 2 spots!

Just wanted to point out how they could be so brilliant one day and fall apart the next.

Pretty random to add that part in about the US though as I'm not American. :laugh:

skatemouse

On the Ice
Well, they basically earned the 2 spots (and denied US the 2 spots) by placing ahead of Knierims @ Worlds, so...
Still lucky. If the US had two teams skating well in the FS. Yes lucky. They are always hot and cold though. Kinda proves that not all singles can do pairs and pairs is its own discipline. Actually we saw that today with the other US team.

diane044

Rinkside
This team is such a hot mess. :dance3:

They're very lucky that Italy has 2 spots for the Olympics.

They seem to be trying too hard to keep up with the quirkiness of the music. They're not good enough skaters (not fast enough) for this crazy music.

gold12345

Medalist
M/H really need their jumps to be on because without them . . . :noshake:

Absolutely. They aren't the most consistent ever, but that was the most off they've looked in a while. And the program is a little kitsch.