2017 Skate Ontario Summer Skate (Thornhill) | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 Skate Ontario Summer Skate (Thornhill)

Sabrina

Record Breaker
At least senior men were more interesting than ladies...It's a pity, but no lady managed a very good program. I am happy for Keegan. Roman's program is a beauty. He needs to stabilize his landings, as his jumps look very good in the air. For Nam, I don't know...he must start to understand his new body positions, and trust himself.

I forgot Steve. My guess he fell a bit hard on that quad, and probably that shake his young body. Many kids at his age start crying if they fall like that. So his next element he was completely unprepared. He recovered beautifully, but the thought that he managed to mess 2 big elements must have occupied his mind. Considering his age, this was still a good program.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Sorry that I'm slow with posting the scores. I'll also list the Senior Women and Senior Men once I'm able to decipher my scribbles. :p

Junior Men SP Standings

1. Conrad Orzel 71.41
2. Iliya Kovler 60.26
3. Shingo Nishiyama 60.08
4. Alistair Lam 59.12
5. Max Denk 55.14
6. Matthew Markell 54.80
7. Dawson Nodwell 53.71
8. Jack Dushenski 53.34
9. Corey Circelli 53.22
10. Mark Gorodnitsky 52.74
11. Hugo Li 49.26
12. Justin Brandon Ng-Siva 40.94
13. David Birinberg 39.70
14. Paxton Knott 37.23

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Senior Women SP Standings

1. Elizabet Tursynbaeva 59.08
2. Amanda Tobin 51.74
3. Michelle Long 49.41
4. Emy Decelles 49.39
5. Deidre Russell 43.21
6. Stephanie Rechsteiner 41.77
7. Maya Lappin 40.29
8. Kathryn Winstanley 35.12
9. Kylie Tait 32.75
10. Cassandra Bilsborough 30.69

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Senior Men SP Standings

1. Keegan Messing 84.91
2. Nam Nguyen 78.51
3. Roman Sadovsky 76.67
4. Bennet Toman 66.21
5. Stephen Gogolev 64.52
6. Josh Allen 49.81
7. Genki Suzuki 44.56

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
As much as I want to avoid using my Dailymotion account because of the recent music violations, I can't really ignore it because the weekly upload limit for Vimeo is just too small. :disapp: Hopefully none of these 5 vids will be taken down... (ETA: Two of them have been removed, so I've uploaded them to my other account.)

Conrad Orzel's SP (the password is conrad): http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5xaluf

Elizabet Tursynbaeva's SP (the password is elizabet): https://vimeo.com/230101518

Nam Nguyen's SP (the password is nam): http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5xajv4

Keegan Messing's SP (the password is keegan): https://vimeo.com/230101474

Roman Sadovsky's SP (the password is roman): http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5xakpk

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
comments on the 5 videos above

Conrad... good job son... ;) i feel like he is improving his presentation. He is starting to use his upper body better and he needs to do that since he is so tall. Good program here.

Eli : the last program i would have given her is Carmen... there is very little sensuality in her skating... I am puzzled, especially since cricket club already has a carmen.... her dress is gorgeous... and well i don't like tanos all over so yeah... too bad... very good footwork

Nam: i love his costume... love the program... he is improving... good spins today... he is faster.. .i am happy to see him improve. Gooooo Nammy!!!!

Keegan : very good. I wonder why he doesn't do that 4lz since it was so good months ago in practice... of course he looks like he has a broken finger... so let's not ask too much of him about those crazy quads but wow.. great showing

Roman : good.. too bad about the step outs... but he seems to be steady in his deliveries so far this year..not perfect but steady

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Argh, two videos are already gone! :no: That's five that I've lost since Minto. I'm sorry guys, I really can't risk getting another music violation within a short time period, so I'm going to have to rely on Vimeo from now on, but that means it will take me FOREVER to upload my screen recordings because the weekly upload limit is only 500 MB, and Elizabet's and Keegan's files have already cost me 25% of my allotment. :frown:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Argh, two videos are already gone! :no: That's five that I've lost since Minto. I'm sorry guys, I really can't risk getting another music violation within a short time period, so I'm going to have to rely on Vimeo from now on, but that means it will take me FOREVER to upload my screen recordings because the weekly upload limit is only 500 MB, and Elizabet's and Keegan's files have already cost me 25% of my allotment. :frown:

as long as you post about my son ;) LOL :)

TGee

Record Breaker
On Elizabet TurSynbaeva, I think I'm seeing things quite a bit differently...

I really like this program for her....yes, she's not a siren, but it's got grace and snap. It also doesn't have the undertones of girl skating as adult that somehow came through last year.

I agree with the poster who said that the costume is great on her...It really works in my view...

On her weight, I don't see the issue. She has good, full but smooth and long muscle tone, including on the back.

Her open backed costume would have shown her ribs is she were unhealthily thin, and it doesn't. She has a super slight body type, and she seems to be at the very far end of the distribution for age for peak growth and puberty. But she is maturing, and shouldn't feel anymore obliged to put on weight to meet expectations in my view, than others should to lose weight....

Thanks Siberia82 for making the video available...

TGee

Record Breaker
Wow... :cheer:

Junior pairs girls Alison Schumacher and Evelyn Walsh competing individually in Junior Women (1) came in 1st and 2nd respectively in both the freeskate and total score.

----------------------------------------

Editing to add that Alison is a NextGen member in singles, appears to have confirmed that she meets the NextGen selection criteria for Junior Women with her total score, number of triples and 2A+3T attempt..... ! :clap:

And Evelyn is close...needing to attempt at least a triple-triple or 2A+triple to meet the criteria. She is, of course, already a NextGen team member in Junior Pairs with her partner Trennt Michaud. :bow:

And a thanks to Mango [who is seeing this all live!!] for her suggestion to track Alison.

TGee

Record Breaker
Stephen is surprisingly low :roll9:

It was an unfortunate skate....my summary is at post #40 earlier in this thread.

But frankly I'm still not sure that he shouldn't have been scored more rigorously in the FS at nationals last January. I was very surprised he was put on the podium above Conrad Orzel on the basis of that outing. [Although he had skated it better earlier in the season..]

Not sure that another year as a junior domestically might not have been better for his development.

TGee

Record Breaker
Stephen is surprisingly low :roll9:

Glad that you've found you're way over here Cherry blossom....;)

Was beginning to feel as though Snow White and I would be talking to ourselves for a bit.

Anyone else on board?

Warm up has just wrapped for the first group of Junior Men...

Hugo Li is on the ice for his FS...

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Glad that you've found you're way over here Cherry blossom....;)

Was beginning to feel as though Snow White and I would be talking to ourselves for a bit.

Anyone else on board?

Warm up has just wrapped for the first group of Junior Men...

Hugo Li is on the ice for his FS...

I love that you knew I'd be there even though I haven't posted here today. I have my stream ready for group two.

TGee

Record Breaker
Sigh....

There seems to be streaming issues.....

It went off-line for the end of Corey Circelli's FS...but he's in 1st as of now.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The feed is dead for me, too. I'm going to be so sad if I miss out on Matthew Markell (I have a soft spot for skating). :sad21:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Sigh....

There seems to be streaming issues.....

It went off-line for the end of Corey Circelli's FS...but he's in 1st as of now.

Ugh, I know. On a positive note, Corey's a very nice skater to watch.

TGee

Record Breaker
The feed is dead for me, too. I'm going to be so sad if I miss out on Matthew Markell (I have a soft spot for skating). :sad21:

Did get to see Matt...

But he's clearly disappointed with that FS...many doubles instead of triples, and he ran out of time for the final spin.

Still a beautiful, flexible and expressive male skater though....he's really pushing to bring up his tech following an enormous growth spurt last season, so one hopes we'll see more from him later in the season.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
All these commercials for Belair with the Belair guy calling Scott Moir "Moir" are making me want to only call him that now.

BTW, I hope none of you are counting on me for commentary. If you want to see how bad I am at it you can check out last year's Canadian nationals when no one else was doing it for pairs. I can't tell a flip from a lutz and tend to be more interested in music and costuming than some people appreciate.

I might prefer less Hedley.