2017 Worlds Free Dance | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Free Dance

tulosai

Record Breaker
Why are the Italians still wearing those costumes? Italians are known for having taste and style and these costumes with the big musical symbols are just too on the nose for my taste.

Did you miss their Holocaust program concentration camp rags costumes? Now that was bad...

glorybox6

Final Flight
Why are the Italians still wearing those costumes? Italians are known for having taste and style and these costumes with the big musical symbols are just too on the nose for my taste.

G/F are living proof that even positive stereotypes often aren't true.

MIM

Medalist
Messy twizzles.

Why did Sara and Adria stop skating together btw?

I know very little about the split. Please correct me if I am wrong and fill any gap there is.

Sara wanted to quit skating and move on to her life, going to University and so on. It must have been hard for her to live in Canada apart from family in a young age.

Adria was left alone in Canada, looked for a partner and found Olivia.

Later, Sara, after a long time of soul searching and perusing her study in university, wanted to continue skating, but Adria had already moved on at that point. She found a partner in Russia. Now, she is traning in Russia with B/S. Per an interview, Adria and she is in good term and Adria blessed her new partnership with Kirill.

At the Spanish Natioals, I believe Sara and Kirill won the Spanish National title. But they did not have minimum score to compete at the ISU competition. Spain has one spot for WC and (not sure how many for EUro). Also, I am not sure what was the reasoning behind who goes to which competition.

thoakun

Final Flight

She's French born and bred. I don't recall them ever having good costumes. Probably due to lack of funding and their own taste :biggrin:.

Weathergal

Medalist
Speaking of costumes, not a fan of Nazarova / Nitikin's costumes. Very retro and not in a good way...

MIM

Medalist

:drama:
I just want to dye that costume to black. Regardless, their skating still looks amazing. It is hard un-see the musical notes, but I recommend to give them a chance.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I really like these two but that program isn't my favorite. Gorgeous costumes though.

Barb

Record Breaker
I know very little about the split. Please correct me if I am wrong and fill any gap there is.

Sara wanted to quit skating and move on to her life, going to University and so on. It must have been hard for her to live in Canada apart from family in a young age.

No, she did not want to quit skating, she did not want continue skating with Adrián.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hope you feel better :)

Aw, thanks. :) Frankly I hope I do too! :laugh:

Edit: I reallyreallyreally enjoyed that skate. Costumes, music, choreography, I love it all. :luv17: Also, Alexandra looks very much like an old college classmate, so it's a bit odd to watch her on ice. :laugh:

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
N/N are another team that haven't really progressed, They made their first impact with being avant and quirky, and now they're trying to be mature and quirky and it's an uncomfortable mash up of the two.

Lota

Record Breaker
I really really like these two :luv17: They seemed slightly slower and a little messy, but love them nevertheless :agree2:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker

Adria was left alone in Canada, looked for a partner and found Olivia.

Later, Sara, after a long time of soul searching and perusing her study in university, wanted to continue skating, but Adria had already moved on at that point. She found a partner in Russia. Now, she is traning in Russia with B/S. Per an interview, Adria and she is in good term and Adria blessed her new partnership with Kirill.

At the Spanish Natioals, I believe Sara and Kirill won the Spanish National title. But they did not have minimum score to compete at the ISU competition. Spain has one spot for WC and (not sure how many for EUro). Also, I am not sure what was the reasoning behind who goes to which competition.

Thanks for the explanation. Very sane from that perspective.