2018-19 Russian test skates

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So far.....

Erokhov did not skate.
Voronov tried 4 loop-under-rotated, but landed (made a combination of 4 + 2) and in general, "Serezha the boy".
Kolyada - nothing new. Pop on the quad, a magnificent triple lutz, but - without a combination. All past the music.
Samarin as a whole is good, fell from 4T, but he had surgery in the summer on his knee, only recently began to ride at full strength.
Dmitriev tried complex lutz-flip, but so far all is not too convincing.
Aliev - 2 quadruples, fell from both, but he skates well.
Tarasova / Morozov - interesting, unexpected, beautiful path of steps, but they tore off the toeloops. Both.
Zabiyako / Enbert - better than a year ago. Very interesting program. Alive and emotional, not just beautiful. Interesting choreo, everything is clean, at speed.
Dancing as always. By and large, there is nothing to talk about.

Posted by Каролина on FSO. I guess it's all from Elena Vaitsekhovskaya's blog so these are her impressions.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Continued...

Absolutely unexpected discovery is Sotskova. We woke up the sleeping beauty, real life and character appeared. A very bright program, combination lutz-toe, doubled the flip.
Tsurskaya. - high jumps returned, but fell from a solo triple at the end of the program. With lutz or flip - I will not say.
Tuktamysheva. In training, the triple axel jumped twice, as there is nothing to do - it seems, caught a jump. The same thing I pictured on the warm-up. The program jumped double and as a whole the program suits only with a triple axel. Restored lutz-toe, beautiful axel - that is, jumps quite allow you to compensate for all other shortcomings.
Zagitova. She grew up, jumps well, returned the call to the axel, which was at the beginning of last season - with her head lowered and her leg lifted. Lutz-loop, flip, axel. Everything is absolutely fine. But the wrapper is trash and "creepy roses". Frank frivolity from the director, wild cutting of music. That is, in life you can not say that the Olympic champion is skating.
Medvedeva. For two months with it they created an absolute miracle - they repaired the axel. It's Leap. Very well rolled, in the best examples of Canadian style - earned knees. There remains an edge on the lutz. Arrangement - lutz, axel, flip-toe

QandA from blog:
Question: But, in your opinion for a given period of time, which of the dancers is better who has the best staging of the dance.
Answer: Katsalapov. Bukin, unfortunately, is very difficult and not very clear about what

TGee

Record Breaker
So far.....

Erokhov did not skate.
Voronov tried 4 loop-under-rotated, but landed (made a combination of 4 + 2) and in general, "Serezha the boy".
Kolyada - nothing new. Pop on the quad, a magnificent triple lutz, but - without a combination. All past the music.
Samarin as a whole is good, fell from 4T, but he had surgery in the summer on his knee, only recently began to ride at full strength.
Dmitriev tried complex lutz-flip, but so far all is not too convincing.
Aliev - 2 quadruples, fell from both, but he skates well.
Tarasova / Morozov - interesting, unexpected, beautiful path of steps, but they tore off the toeloops. Both.
Zabiyako / Enbert - better than a year ago. Very interesting program. Alive and emotional, not just beautiful. Interesting choreo, everything is clean, at speed.
Dancing as always. By and large, there is nothing to talk about.

Posted by Каролина on FSO
I think that this is based on Vaiz's report out of yesterday's practice.

The actual SP test skate today was supposed to be closed to Russian media, and Vaiz had complained about this.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think that this is based on Vaiz's report out of yesterday's practice.

The actual SP test skate today was supposed to be closed to Russian media, and Vaiz had complained about this.

Yes, i put that in the post that it's from Vait.

ETA: Also, people should keep in mind that Vait is biased for CSKA skaters, so take it with a grain of salt.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
ETA: Also, people should keep in mind that Vait is biased for CSKA skaters, so take it with a grain of salt.

And has a well known dislike for Eteri. The drama she would like to create is endless it seems.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They say Mikhail's Muse is "I Belong to You" (+ Mon cœur s'ouvre à ta voix).

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Uhm, yes, I saw this.

But it seemed as though it was a report from today. And as far as we know, she wasn't able to be there.

Some info did leak from today too, I saw more vague reports on twitter, without the layouts but the rest corresponds - clean Alina/Zhenya, Aliev bad, Kolyada well let me quote "Alexa this is so sad, play Despacito" so yikes, Voronov good. So she might have gotten information from somewhere.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Medvedeva. For two months with it they created an absolute miracle - they repaired the axel. It's Leap. Very well rolled, in the best examples of Canadian style - earned knees. There remains an edge on the lutz. Arrangement - lutz, axel, flip-toe

Thanks so much for the information! And lutz in the SP for Medvedeva - that's our girl, a fighter! :dance:

TGee

Record Breaker
Maybe she got it from somebody :confused:
Good thought... she has access to others in the room.

Or found a way to sneak in...

In terms of how Vaits will spin things, for now she may be pro-Zhenya due to the move, but one may see that change over time.

2A fix in two months is believable as that's known to be Brian's speciality. We'll need to see on the rest. Paige (the spin coach) still has work to do to tighten the circle of the skating foot, but the position was nice.

I see she's reporting Liza T has her jumps, 3As in warm-up and 3Lz-3T in the SP. Would love to have video.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Some info did leak from today too, I saw more vague reports on twitter, without the layouts but the rest corresponds - clean Alina/Zhenya, Aliev bad, Kolyada well let me quote "Alexa this is so sad, play Despacito" so yikes, Voronov good. So she might have gotten information from somewhere.

Yes that's my thought. But if we are lucky, someone will post videos and we can make our own judgments.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Zhenya's layout is 3Lz (edge still dodgy), 2A (apparently much improved), 3F3T at the end.

Alina's 2A entry is the old charlotte one

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Per Журавлик on FSO:

The two most spectacular tangos of the national team are Sinitsina-Katsalapov and Shpilevaya-Smirnov.

Betina and Sergey have an interesting musical choice. Either it seems to me, or this is not the original version of "Tango in a Madhouse", but processing.

TGee

Record Breaker
Ilona@leelona on twitter reported that the ladies and men's SPs will be posted in about an hour and a half from now (2h from her tweet)

Soon....