2018 Finlandia Trophy Free Dance | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2018 Finlandia Trophy Free Dance

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Wine would be great. But more than that, I'd prefer the dress to not have a back. The top part looks like a bikini when she twizzles.

I think she likes that look though. I'm sure I've seen that exact same cut of the bodice in the back in at least one of her other dresses.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Yeah, he is always a happier one. I think she also looks frightened, cause they can (should) fight for worlds bronze now with that kind of scores/skating.
No they can’t. 200 is not a good score anymore because goe can go up to +5 and they only got that 5 times out of 80 possible scores

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
S/b had 80 Chances for a plus 5 they only got it 5 times! H/d and p/c will go 80 for 80 probably

I think it's going to be P/C vs. W/P for World Gold. H/D took a huge step backwards with their free dance this season.

hortensja

On the Ice
Yeah, he is always a happier one. I think she also looks frightened, cause they can (should) fight for worlds bronze now with that kind of scores/skating.

I remember their first Euro medal. He was all excited ad she was like "Oh, ok, that's interesting " :D

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
... Okay, I like S/B and they were great, but the music hurt my ears and I honestly hate her dress.

They are great with Blues and sexy atmosphere, but did they have to make her dress as if she was wearing a bikini and a skirt? I mean, just open the back and close the front...

Completely agree. In comparison with the RD's gorgeous dress, this one (especially the bodice) looks like some black mummy straps.

And blues is definitely their rhythm.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker

I'd really like to see the Russians have a legitimate threat to medal in ID.

I figure P/C is a lock to win the GPF. H/D should be second. Third could be anyone really.. Chock and Bates or S/B would be my thought but I am really hoping G/P do well too. That is who I think will make the GPF: P/C, H/D, C/B, S/B, G/P and the 6th spot is kind of a toss up I think.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I think the Worlds will be P/C by a lot and then H/D vs W/P (I hope so anyway).

It is sort of weird. I don't even need to see P/C's FD to know they will be ahead. I'm not even worried about it.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I remember their first Euro medal. He was all excited ad she was like "Oh, ok, that's interesting " :D

She's like that whenever they medal. As if it was some minor and annoying detail at the end of every competition. Or maybe she simply doesn't expect not to medal and meeting her medal expectations just makes her boring :)
Anyway, Ivan's reactions are so genuine that he expresses the joy for both of them.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Anyway, great Sunday evening entertainment! Thanks skaters and posters for your thoughts :thumbsup:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Looking at the protocols, Soucisse/Firus took major TES hits on the one-foot sequence and on one of their spins, which is why they dropped down despite having the third-highest PCS.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
They should still medal! They are coached by Dubreuil. She will fix their problems.

I think the reworked system is in favour of S/B (and S/K also) cause now even if they dont hit the highest levels they could be a factor if they skate 'clean'. They were always getting good/high GOE. Levels are what killing them sometimes.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I think the reworked system is in favour of S/B (and S/K also) cause now even if they dont hit the highest levels they could be a factor if they skate 'clean'. They were always getting good/high GOE. Levels are what killing them sometimes.

If they can get +5 on a level 2! We’ll see if that’s possible.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I've got a technical question regarding the scoring. How do you know how the judges scored individual skaters for the compulsory elements, for examples twizzles or step sequence? Where does it state that, for example, he received level 3 and she level 4? I tried to find this information in the protocols and cannot see it.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Looking at the protocols, Soucisse/Firus took major TES hits on the one-foot sequence and on one of their spins, which is why they dropped down despite having the third-highest PCS.

Looks like she almost touched down with her free foot at around 1:28. Either way they only had a PCS advantage of 0.08 in the FD and L/L had two deductions for extended lifts. S/F need to fix their levels ASAP, as they also lost to W/L at ACI.

LaArdilla

Medalist
Surprised to see S/D in second, I thought that lift stumble would have been more costly. Loved Romain’s reaction to it. Nevertheless, I really love this FD, it’s edgy and has some grit to it, and needless to say, it’s a huge improvement after last year’s.

The French L/L have stayed in the shadow of other Gadbois teams but they seem really prepared for this season, I love both programs.

Sasha seems to be wearing a nightie, I agree that it should be in other colour. Still, they took a leaf out of H/D’s book and it fits them very well, their score was huge and it is going to be a good vehicle for this season.