2018 GP Helsinki Pairs Free Skate | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018 GP Helsinki Pairs Free Skate

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Guys, I am ALL ABOUT Natalia Zabiiako's styling this year. I loved the weird medieval goth costumes yesterday, I love the modern goth costumes today, this is SO much better than last year's bland ballet stuff.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Wow, they went ahead over the Russian pair by just .16 points. Oh my...

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wait, they're still ahead of the Russians?

Uh, I hate that Gatsby program, but that disaster should not have been enough to keep them ahead.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
No question that the russian team is technically superior..but the program is dreadful drecky dreck.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nicole and Matteo were off today. It's always a pleasure just to gaze at him, though. :)

I finally figured out what seems off-putting to me, adn always has. Nicole keeps her head tipped back/ chin up always; it comes across to me as a little snooty. Whew, I am so glad to have figured it out. Also, I'm not crazy about the jerks with which she gets into some positions.

On a positive note .... I saw during early warm up one of Tae Ok's touches that I love and so makes a difference. At the end of her jumps, she raises her chin, just for a second. It makes her look into the audience and sell the jump. It seems, for me at least, a little of that goes such a long way!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
This program was a mess and yet they received 64+ in PCS, whereas Boikova/Kozlovski received 61 last week for absolutely perfect? That is just... I have no words for that.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I am sorry, but I laughed loudly at Alexander's freaky fall...

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Well, the Russians should be 1,2... but the judges wanted "diversity".... I hate political correctnes.