2018 GP Helsinki Rhythm Dance | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2018 GP Helsinki Rhythm Dance

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI (ITA)

Well, that must be frustrating...

Great cartwheeling entry into the twizzles, with wonderful speed and attack and spacing (Lvl 4/4)! Very sharp and full TR sections with interesting tilts of the head (4 - YYYY, 2 - YNYN). And a great balancing stationary lift (Level 4). Wonderfully expressive diagonal step with loads of tension (Level 3).

Out of the bunch, they definitely captured the tango feel and rhythm the best so far. They should be very, very close to S/B in both the technical and artistic marks. I think it showed a lot of focus and strength to recover from the musical mishap twice. My only criticism is that the ending could be more interesting, but I like how they go after the 'originality' and 'unexpected entry' bullets for many of their elements.

madison

Record Breaker
For me the most mature and passionate in Tango sense performance of the evening, the way Marco leads would make every lady looking like million bucks, I love the expressiveness coming and going throughout the dance and this mix of sharp and flowy. They really understand each other and have great chemistry that flows naturally with this aesthetic.

Totally agree. they should lead the RD if the scores would be fair.
No!!! They got a deduction... but for what? the lift didn't look so long.
And better TES than S/B :thumbsup:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That was fantastic, but that deduction had better be for a lift or something rather than because of the music issue. It cost them first place.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Deduction? Extended lift? Without that, they'd be ahead of Stepanova/Bukin (overscored Russians, per usual, but that's for another post).

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI
Music: "Miedo a La Libertad (Orchestral)" by Tanghetto; "La chanson des vieux amants" performed by Kantango; "Tanos" by Lino Cannavacciuolo
Choreography by: Barbara Fusar Poli, Corrado Giordani
Costumes: Black dress with sheer back and patterned overlay for her; basic black with red shirt for him

Required Elements:

Slow and sexy tango steps to start. Then a HUGE Cartwheel into
Twizzles - Level 4 for both with 2.69 GOE. They do twizzle well with great speed and closeness. And it's a fab entry.
TR Pattern 1 - Nice speed. Level level 4, all Y. 1.93 Bravo!
TR Pattern 2 - So much improved. Level 2 mixed kp, 1.72 goe
and RIGHT INTO one of the better
SL Lifts I've seen, with her hand on his boot and rotating. It's pretty close to P/G's Bond lift from last year. Well if you're gonna steal...
Level 4,1.27 goe
Finally! A tempo change! Picking up speed into
Diag Step Seq. Level 3 with 2.90 GOE

That's the best SD/RD I've seen them skate. They handled the music bobble with class. I think NoNameFace noted how focused he is on her. Spot on.

Really, good for them. Barbara is a proud mother hen, isn't she?

Score: 77.36 and a very well deserved SB

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
If the podium's the same as it's now I'll be very much happy. M/C deserves love, they can do both sharp and lyrical, not to mention great speed and lifts. But then the Spanish team was lovely to watch, C/P was delightful, and I can't resist P/M's draaaaaamaaaa charm... With ladies and pairs I don't have much skaters to root for, but for men and dance there are too many to root for:drama:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Still no protocols! Argh. I need to go and get other things done but I'd really like to see those.

edit: and of course, there they are, but all I see is a white page when I open them. Anyone else having luck?

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Still no protocols! Argh. I need to go and get other things done but I'd really like to see those.

edit: and of course, there they are, but all I see is a white page when I open them. Anyone else having luck?

Works fine for me. I'm just going to check why G/F got that deduction, then I'm going to sleep.

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
I don't get the deduction...

The italian television says "Time violation" but how is even possible ? They didn't end later, and didn't get the deduction on the previous competitions, with the same music.