2018 GP Helsinki Rhythm Dance | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2018 GP Helsinki Rhythm Dance

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Time violation? For what? And what's a Violation of choreo restrictions?

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh man, if the time deduction really is for the music it had better be some kick-butt reason or they had better appeal. That's definitely worthy of an appeal.

madison

Record Breaker
I love how people conveniently ignore her poor SS

S/B have a strong Federation behind and powerful people that started the lobby for them a long time ago.
Now, after the previous Olympic cycle is over and many teams took a break, it's the right moment to push them.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I really hope G/F will end up in GPF this year, they really are among top6.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Nooo... that's not fair... it wasn't their fault that there were troubles with the music.

The penalty for violation of choreo restrictions was just one judge being persnickerty. I'd be curious to know which one that is.

If they got a timing violation for the start, hell i will file a protest.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
S/B have a strong Federation behind and powerful people that started the lobby for them a long time ago.
Now, after the previous Olympic cycle is over and many teams took a break, it's the right moment to push them.

And yet, they haven't improved so noticeably to warrant such high GOEs.

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Rai's commentators says 3:03 time overall, but G/F's music is long 2:59

They started the chrono before the beginning of the music ? :confused2:

It's not G/F's fault.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
If we're heading back to another era of politicking and judging shenanigans, then I'm done with dance. I'm getting too old for the BS.

madison

Record Breaker
If we're heading back to another era of politicking and judging shenanigans, then I'm done with dance. I'm getting too old for the BS.

There were several comments according to which, with the new scoring, judges are more influential than the tech panel. In conclusion, levels matter less than before, GOE is more important now.

s_parks

Record Breaker
We've gone from Davis and Virtue in the same era to...idek. I honestly can't see who P/C will compete with after V/M unless someone else steps it up with their programs, levels and SS.

madison

Record Breaker
We've gone from Davis and Virtue in the same era to...idek. I honestly can't see who P/C will compete with after V/M unless someone else steps it up with their programs, levels and SS.

Maybe H/D? they have strong skating skills :).

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
One thing is for sure P/C at Europeans will be like Javier was among the European men in the last 5 years. There is no one to challenge them in Europe and maybe anywhere to be honest.

cake

On the Ice
So far I like Guignard/Fabbris tango the best, they make me enjoy it - in general I would like tango season to end already :gaah:
And I also want to know what that time violation is for???

gmyers

Record Breaker
S/b must be in extreme panic!! “Why is this so close!” They must be asking! This is a home event really.