2018 GTSA Summer Skate | Golden Skate

2018 GTSA Summer Skate

Haleth

On the Ice
Anyone going on Thursday to see the junior men and maybe more? I hope to go other days, but family obligations may mean that is it for me.

I expect several withdrawls because of the JGP events the following 2 weeks, but it still will be fun to have my first taste of a live event!

ET: anyone know what the film/photo policies are at this event? I assume flash is a big no-no, but are fancams OK?

Haleth

On the Ice
According to his most recent Instastory Shingo Nishiyama has been injured and had to withdraw from the competition. Poor guy had an injury last fall/winter, so it must be very disappointing to have that happen again. Best wishes for a complete recovery!

Sabrina

Record Breaker
There is skating right now (invitational pre novice -girls) apparently FS. It is not included in the schedule. Or I guess it's not live...I just clicked the provided link.
I am not sure how do I find the live streaming on DM.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
There is skating right now (invitational pre novice -girls) apparently FS. It is not included in the schedule. Or I guess it's not live...I just clicked the provided link.
I am not sure how do I find the live streaming on DM.
If you go to the Skate Ontario website in the OP, it has the livestream links.

Haleth

On the Ice
Welp roofers arrived (of course!) to diagnose problem with leaks on a recently redone roof, so it looks like I will go tomorrow instead of today. Good luck to all the participants!

Haleth

On the Ice
Is it just me or is the video quality noticeably lower than at the last 2 SO livestreamed competitions?

Poor Alec's face a a pink blob. At least I can see the movements?

Haleth

On the Ice
Camera operator having problems following Mark. :no shake:

Corey and Justin also WD.

Haleth

On the Ice
Mark's score was ?? -- not announced (I was listening rather than watching that moment) and no placement given.

- - - Updated - - -

Michael 51.15 3rd place