2018 JGP Kaunas Cup Rhythm Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Kaunas Cup Rhythm Dance

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
11Francesca RIGHI / Aleksei DUBROVIN
New Last year, but still have not competed in a competition that give you a personal best

RD: Tango: "Tango de Besame" by Robi Benise; Samba: "Vamos a bailar" by Gypsy Kings; choreo by Corrado Giordani
FD: "Une peu plus haut, un peu plus loin" by Lise Angell; "The Blessing" by Michael W. Smith; "Une peu plus haut, un peu plus loin" by Lise Angell; choreo by Corrado Giordani
ITA

Flip into straight line lift good

Pattern . not crisp.

midline quite close together!

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
LOL We are finally there yet! Sister just ripped phone from my hot hands--surprised I didn't bruise! Thanks Sis (actually lovely of her bf to lend me his phone so i could watch).

BF-P you never disappoint with your complete lack of originality. The Italians are much better than that program. Hie thee hence to a real choreographer kids. BF-P IS good at getting an emotional connection between her dancers, I will say that. But really, Hie! Hie! Hie thee as fast as you can to a better choreographer!

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Am I only one who wasn't that impressed with this team? Ted is speaking very highly of them, so I'm doubting myself here. I just didn't see the same spark that I did with the Browns, but I readily admit I'm no ice dance expert.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
12 Avonley NGUYEN / Vadym KOLESNIK
New last year. Have not competed this year. Best RD 52.84 ISU JGP Egna Neumarkt 2017
RD: "Vuelvo al Sur performed by Amelita Baltar; "Building the Bullet by Luis Bacalov;" choreo by Igor Shpilband, Pasquale Camerlengo
FD: "Demons" by Imagine Dragons, cover by Jasmine Thompson and Boyce Ave; "Experience" by Ludovico Einaudi; choreo by Igor Shpilband, Pasquale Camerlengo
USA

Also very young.
Sadly the return of the black v neck onesie on Vadim.
Avonley in black dress, a pretty one.

Fast twizzles lots of ice coverage. Vadim off in second set

Nice end to emphasize.

Lift curve with change of position. Some pick up issues.

Into pattern close together. and good!!

Nice end of pattern move too.

Step in hold for a change. Some cool turns in this one

I liked this quite well!

Might go into second..

63.40. And they do!!

Igor has him a good couple again,

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wooooah check out that back bend! She must have a rubber spine!

Good work Israel! Lots of tango holds here! A very mature skate for two 15 year olds. Nice.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Shame about her wonky first twizzle. They were miles apart on it.

I liked these two as well. He actually looks at her when they are face to face. Like in the eyes. Small thing but it helps.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
oh gosh.. I see a man in a white shirt! :hap93:

and a lady in blue! :clapper:

I stand corrected.. two ladies in blue!

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
The Israelis were about as trad as you get...

Nice job but it's SUCH a throwback. Definitely a big step up from their first outing.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
13Alice ROGATNIK / Yehor BARSHAK
New this season. Competed in JGP Linz; RD there 38.05 ISU JGP Cup of Austria 2018

RD: Flamenco: "Corazon;" Tango: "Tango de Besame;" choreo by Maria Tumanovska-Chaika, Anaid Konair
FD: "Story of Chess" (from "Chess" musical soundtrack) by Bjoern Andersson; "Prolog" by Bjoern Andersson; "Where I Want to Be" by Bjoern Andersson, performed by Josh Groban; choreo by Maria Tumanovska-Chaika, Anaid Konair ISR

Alice in a simple spaghetti strap red dress. Boy in v neck onesie. Black of course.

Start with diagonal step. A nice low section.

Twizzles way out of synch on first set and far apart. Kind of sloppy throughout. Got it done.

Into the pattern. Nice tango feel to the beginning. Quite close together. Chasses in second set good.

Standard straight line lift with guy in crouch spread eagle girl on his knees in a back bend, but a nice exit.

This girl has a nice, flexible back.

That was better than their last JGP RD, I think.

and they do a PB 40.17

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Hmmm, the Browns were more emotionally engaging. She is SUCH the diva in training. But N/K definitely more mature. Igor and Pasquale have a potential winner of a couple here. All Ys on their KPs is impressive. Igor always has been good at grilling the tech basics into his teams.

Still I love how the Browns just WENT for the drama.

Phew, two more good American teams to watch for in the future.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Finally, a free moment to tune in! I've been quite impressed with what I've seen so far. I like the Lithuanian music, too.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I might, if I'm feeling generous, decide that that one lady is in fushia rather than red.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
LOVED the Las Vegas French Godfather. He REALLY caught my attention. He's got that It factor. You heard it here first. Choreography not quite on the level of her other teams, but I suspect that's because they don't quite have the experience Karine's other teams have. But keep an eye on him.