2018 JGP Kaunas Cup Rhythm Dance | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Kaunas Cup Rhythm Dance

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Awww, only 5th?! Once again my taste proves to suspect.

Ooo this is a very pretty purple dress Darya's got in. Ukraine's here to slay!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
They looked like they were enjoying themselves and had a (somewhat) original program, but I do agree that this isn't what I normally expect from Russian dance teams.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
15Ekaterina ANDREEVA / Ivan DESYATOV
New Last Year. 8th Russian Jrs last year. Only competed at Golden Spin Juniors.

RD: Charleston; Tango; Charleston; choreo by Ksenia Rumiantseva, Ekaterina Volobueva
FD: Sherlock Holmes (soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer; choreo by Ksenia Rumiantseva, Ekaterina Volobueva RUS
RUS

Both in black

Chicago.

Start with Charleston feel. Into twizzle they separate. 2nd set excellent and close together.

Into the awful cell block tango.

Into pattern. Not good leg line match. good speed. A tango less tango and yet I do not like it at all.

Into a very complex straight line lift, with lots of changes of position which gets away from them a tad at the end.

Back to Charleston, which they do very well. Diagonal step. It is hard to keep up with the music with all the required turns.

Nice touches.

Back to Charleston

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
He is the man in white! I really like her dress. It is nearly wine coloured.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I wish Ruffledgrouse was here.. I could send them into spasms over "is this red or is this purple?" I know the fowl enjoys the whole Purple or blue debate.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
She was on Ice Partner Search in the Spring IIRC. Guess they worked it out and stayed together.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
You know that leg around the neck lift looks so dangerous! Isn't there a pressure point there that if pressed can knock you right out? Or is that just a movie thing.

That was an interesting combo, waltz and tango! For some reason it gave me a Pride and Prejudice vibe.

OMG WHAT IS LOVE!!! MORIS don't hurt me no more.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Love the colour of Darya’s dress.

a beautiful shade of purple, an aubergine maybe - I think that there are lots of rich colours to suit Tango-themed program aside of black and red, and patterned dresses are so Argentine Tango-chic! I wish there would me more of those...

oh, Headaway throwback!!!:party2:

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Maybe it was like in the Pina Colada song. "Aw it's you..."

:laugh2: That'd be so hilarious.

Seriously though, bit awkward, like...if you saw your partner searching for another partner online?

Wow I like the blue theme here and they've brought the sultry music in.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
16Darya POPOVA / Volodymyr BYELIKOV
Debuted 2016. Won 2018 NRW Summer Championship. Best RD 55.56 ISU World Junior Championships 2018

RD: Waltz: "Larrons en foire" by Raphael Beau; Tango; choreo by Larisa Fiodorova
FD: Chopin Nocturne performed by David Garrett; "Run" by Ludovico Einaudi; choreo by Larisa Fiodorova UKR .
UKR

He in white shirt black pants.

She in one armed deep purple dress with shredded skirt.

Twizzles okay.

They start with a waltz into the midline step..everyone does better with waltz timing. Plenty of time for edging..

And now into tango.

pattern (you suspected that) Good speed. Not as precise as I would like in spots.

Rotational lift to end, change of position, well integrated into choreo.

58.09 into 3rd

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
and a throwback to last year's SD of Chock/Bates with 'Vivir mi vida':party2: