2018 JGP Linz Free Dance | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Linz Free Dance

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Looking at the segment results details, L/L actually won on PCS (by 0.08). The gap is entirely TES-based (in fact, their TES is lower than D'Alessandro/Waddell).

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Man, and I'm saying this in my BEST Ricky Ricardo impersonation, but YouTube has some seeeerious 'spalin' ta do!

Shame on you YouTube. Shame! Shame! Shame!

Lyssa

On the Ice
Country
France
I preferred L / L, S / E was bland, I even prefer the 3 programs medalled from Bratislava

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Looking at the segment results details, L/L actually won on PCS (by 0.08). The gap is entirely TES-based (in fact, their TES is lower than D'Alessandro/Waddell).

Hmm, well it is a sign that you're a serious threat when the judges start fine tooth combing your tech elements.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I think I liked L/L's FS more than S/E's, but overall two fine skates imo.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
but it's not really carmen ;) it starts off with a bit of it but really it's malaguena all way through ;) there is no habanera etc

Sorry, I was typing that really fast and missed Malaguena/Carmen. But I'm sick of both pieces of music. Seriously sick of them.

But I do like D'A/W. I just can't stomach that music anymore.

We all have our moral failings...

:slink:

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Well one good thing, top 3 teams, not a warhorse in sight. Diverse music choices.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Aw, well done Matilda and William, that was great! They've made a really good recovery after his broken ankle.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
LaLa : the spin was also only level 2 which is not something you will see at this level... + the invalidated element, that's already about 5 points in TES only.. and there are plenty more of level 2s in there... time to work on this dance and refine it to get the levels... perhaps they needed to get a second summer outing.

In any case, I never thought I would say this because I hate the Warsaw concerto more than all of you hate Carmen.. but I love LaLa's program

Marta25

Medalist
But lost GOE on one full element as it was invalid. They lost an element and some levels.

True. Probably, would have been very close then. L/L have often beautiful programs, but they tend to have issues with their levels, like here or at last season`s Junior Worlds. I am sure their coaches will fix whatever went wrong with their step sequence and they will have a great season. :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
congrats to d'awa for the small bronze medal for the FD.. that's amazing considering their age

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
congrats to d'awa for the small bronze medal for the FD.. that's amazing considering their age
A figurative medal; they don't give small medals at the JGP.

But yes, finishing third in the free dance is impressive, and a good sign for the team.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
A figurative medal; they don't give small medals at the JGP.

But yes, finishing third in the free dance is impressive, and a good sign for the team.

really? i was just getting used to that idea of small medals... and now i find out they don't exist on JGP... they exist at JWC right?