2018 JGP Linz Rhythm Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Linz Rhythm Dance

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So those outfits? Not sure what concept these two were going for.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Wow, gorgeous costumes on both of them. I wonder if she'll get a deduction for that thong-like bottom, though... :shocked:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Lou TERREAU / Noe PERRON
Music: Tango: Au suivant by Siri Vlk; Tango: Ma chanson des vieux amants performed by Novafonic Orchestra
Choreography by: Karine Arribert-Narce
Costumes: Black dress with stones, white belt with bow for her. Black pants, White Undershirt with Blue Vest/shirt and lighter blue closures for him. It's a WHOLE LOTTA LOOK for these two. A WHOOOOOOOOOOOLE LOTTA.

Required Elements:

Midline St Seq -- Really strange choreography but eye catching. I was like, where are they going with this? Intriguing.
AT - they need to work on extension and SPEED. It was so slow it bordered on the languid.
Twizzles - she missed her blade and the second set were out of sync. Whoops.
SL Lift - A bit sloppy.

It was all wery fwench!

Score: 45.25 (24.19 TES, 21.06 PCS)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
^ Got it the costumes is so FRENCH. :) Maybe that's why I don't get it, lol.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I'm not a fan of the costumes of this group...

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Stream is really refusing to work, it keeps freezing and glitching.

Try changing the quality setting. The gear icon at bottom right of the youtube screen--under Quality, change from the default best/high definition setting downward. Next speed down (480) has stopped the freezing for me.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Try changing the quality setting. The gear icon at bottom right of the youtube screen--under Quality, change from the default best/high definition setting downward. Next speed down (480) has stopped the freezing for me.

But I like seeing skaters in HD...

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Charise MATTHAEI / Maximilian PFISTERER
Music: Flamenco: "Spanish Flame" by Maxime Rodriguez; Argentine Tango: "Tango d'Amor;" Flamenco: "Farrucas" by Pepe Romero
Choreography by: Stefano Caruso, Barbara Fusar Poli
Costumes: VERY trad red dress for her; basic black for him

Required Elements:

Twizzles - he fell. Whoops. They had good speed and unison so that's a shame. It really rattled them
AT - man, they need to work on extension pronto.
Stationary Lift
Flamenco St Seq (diagonal) - Holy Let's Shift Continents for No Apparent Reason Batman!

Sorry but I think Barbara F-P is a terrible choreographer. This is such a throwback dance. Seriously, I was like "Dear Lord I'm having a early 90s flashback!" They're better than it, even with the fall.

Score: 45.43 (24.23 TES, 22.20 PCS)

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Solid skate by Natalie and Bruce, but they need more speed and power, especially in the twizzles, which looked really cautious. He seems like the stronger skater, but my eyes kept being drawn to her. I loved her costume, especially the skirt. :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The coach and choreographer of the French team is Karine Arribert-Narce who used to work with Blanc and Bouquet. She has always made unusual music choices which she has coupled with equally unusual choreography. She also choreographs for competitive Ice Theater, which tells us something. I am glad to see she is still following her particular star, particularly in this year of the Tango.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Natalie D'ALESSANDRO / Bruce WADDELL
Music: Argentine Tango: "Querer" by Rene Dupere (Cirque du Soleil); Tango: "Toreado" by Rene Dupere (Cirque du Soleil)
Choreography by: Marie-France Dubreuil, Romain Haguenauer
Costumes: Black skirt with black crop top with black sequins for her; basic black for him

Required Elements:

Twizzles - a bit out of sync
AT - nice extension; good ice coverage with speed
Midline St Seq - You know it's not especially difficult choreography, but they make it look more sophisticated than it is. And that's a compliment. Level 1 I think Ted said. I'm not surprised. It's not difficult. But they made it look good.
Rotational Lift - a bit sloppy

I like them. They're so young! Potential potential potential here.

Score: 50.45 (26.23 TES, 24.22 PCS)

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
That 80's music after that skate is like Jackson Pollock next to Mona Lisa.