FRA
9Lorraine MCNAMARA / Quinn CARPENTER
USA
10Jasmine TESSARI / Francesco FIORETTI
ITA

Entries

No.NameNation
1Anna KUBLIKOVA / Yuri HULITSKI
RD: Tango: "Tango Rhy" by DJ Seven; Tango: "Tentacion by Astor Piazzolla; choreo by Sergei Petukhov, Alexander Tolstik
FD: "The Flight" (from "Tale of Wandering") by Alfred Schnittke; "Adagio" (from "Dead Souls") by Alfred Schnittke; choreo by Sergei Petukhov, Alexander Tolstik
BLR
2Juulia TURKKILA / Matthias VERSLUIS
RD: "Poeta En El Viento" by Vicente Amigo
FD: "1. Allegro" by Hai-Kyung Suh [Piano], Sir Neville Marriner [Conductor], Academy
FIN
3Adelina GALAYAVIEVA / Louis THAURON
SP: "Flamenco" by Antonio Gades, Cristina Hoyos; Tango: "Tango Flamenco" by Armik; choreo by Anjelika Krylova
FS: Amelie soundtrack by Yann Tiersen; choreo by Anjelika Krylova
FRA
4Katharina MÜLLER / Tim DIECK
RD: Tango medley
FD: "A homage to us people
GER
5Lilah FEAR / Lewis GIBSON
RD: Tango: "Tango Flamenco" by Armik; Flamenco: "Volare (Nel blu dipinto di blu)"'by Gypsy Kings; choreo by Romain Haguenauer
FD: "Bad Girls" by Donna Summer; "September" by Earth, Wind and Fire; "On the Radio" by Donna Summer; choreo by Romain Haguenauer
GBR
6Robynne TWEEDALE / Joseph BUCKLAND
RD: Tango: "Whatever Lola Wants; Tango: " Libertango" by Astor Piazzolla; choreo by Igor Shpilband, Pasquale Camerlengo
FD: Ghost (The Musical; choreo by Igor Shpilband, Pasquale Camerlengo
GBR
7Jasmine TESSARI / Francesco FIORETTI
RD: "Tango to Evora" by Conjunto Berretin; "Poeta En El Viento" by Vicente Amigo; "Encanto Rojo" by Fabio Hager Sexteto
FD: "Hymne a l'amour" performed by Rocco De Villiers; "Joy Follows Suffering" performed by Michael W. Smith
ITA
8Betina POPOVA / Sergey MOZGOV
RD: Alfred Schnittke’s “Tango in a Madhouse;" choreo by Anjelika Krylova
FD: Master and Margarita soundtrack by Igor Korniliuk; choreo by Anjelika Krylova
RUS
9Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV
RD: "Verano Porteño," by Astor Piazzolla performed by Raúl Garello; choreo by Alexander Zhulin
FD: Bach’s Air; Praeludium and Allegro in the Style of Pugnani, by Kreisler (Orchestral Suite No. 3 in D major by Bach); choreo by Alexander Zhulin
RUS
10Lorraine MCNAMARA / Quinn CARPENTER
RD: "Desde el alma" by Orquesta Color Tango De Roberto Alvarez; "Quejumbroso" by Orquesta Color Tango De Roberto Alvarez; choreo by Elena Novak, Alexei Kiliakov, Natalia Hvoyneva, Jonah Bokaer
FD: "Porz Goret" by Yann Tiersen; choreo by Elena Novak, Alexei Kiliakov, Natalia Hvoyneva, Jonah Bokaer
USA

Last edited by a moderator:

LadyB

Record Breaker
Although I don't like it when my faves hit the ice first, on this occasion I don't mind too much. S/K starting off, P/M also in first group and the main challengers almost last. Sounds like a well rounded affair and should be nice to watch (me sneakily in the office ;)). Dance away, guys!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I was on ID practice yesterday only, was going to be today, but I travelled to Bratislava by train during the night and got no sleep so was quite wiped out yesterday... Viktoria and Nikita did FD yesterday, Betina/Sergei did SP. I actually enjoy Bach way more for S/K than Rachmaninoff, the choreo is kind of typical Zhulin-styled one, but it does not bother me as much as their unfinished movement, some heavy exits on lifts, especially after tempo change it all looks rushed and unkempt. It almost looks like they want to surpass the music hitting it too hard. And there was a fluke, but scary fall during run-through - just after tempo change, exiting from this walk on air like move Viktoria tripped (??) on Nikita, fell and then he fell on top of her, she was shaken for a moment, keeping her hand on ribcage... Just don't rush things guys and it all will be good. On a side note, I really don't know from where Viktoria could shred more weight, she is quite petite and delicate in person...

Bdtina and Sergei's RD looks solid, she does practically all job in terms of expression, it is just a part of her package and, I feel that it is similar like it was with Krylova who is now her coach. Anjelika really seems happy and enjoys the experience from what I talked with her yesterday a bit and her hand becomes slowly visible in P/M skating I feel. The lift is sure a showstopper, I was a bit scared seeing it;), the movement is nice, choreography flows well with the music, but again - I sometimes wish the pose, line, moment were held a bit longer, Betina is sure a firecracker and the dance is supposed to be temperamental, but there is too much rush at places for me, but it may be the matter of gelling, growing up the program.

I loved Lorraine and Quinn yesterday, I feel like they did a great step forward in terms of presence on ice, this 'visibility' in their material. They did FD run-through yesterday and looked very confident and collected.

But the real highlights were: Barbara vs Maurizio game of avoidance by boards and Barbara & Betina dance off by the boards to DJ repetorie:laugh:, I really love these moments in seeing competition live, adding to perspective, seeing skaters/coaches off duty, but still in their element:)

nocturnalis

Medalist
I was on ID practice yesterday only, was going to be today, but I travelled to Bratislava by train during the night and got no sleep so was quite wiped out yesterday... Viktoria and Nikita did FD yesterday, Betina/Sergei did SP. I actually enjoy Bach way more for S/K than Rachmaninoff, the choreo is kind of typical Zhulin-styled one, but it does not bother me as much as their unfinished movement, some heavy exits on lifts, especially after tempo change it all looks rushed and unkempt. It almost looks like they want to surpass the music hitting it too hard. And there was a fluke, but scary fall during run-through - just after tempo change, exiting from this walk on air like move Viktoria tripped (??) on Nikita, fell and then he fell on top of her, she was shaken for a moment, keeping her hand on ribcage... Just don't rush things guys and it all will be good. On a side note, I really don't know from where Viktoria could shred more weight, she is quite petite and delicate in person...

Bdtina and Sergei's RD looks solid, she does practically all job in terms of expression, it is just a part of her package and, I feel that it is similar like it was with Krylova who is now her coach. Anjelika really seems happy and enjoys the experience from what I talked with her yesterday a bit and her hand becomes slowly visible in P/M skating I feel. The lift is sure a showstopper, I was a bit scared seeing it;), the movement is nice, choreography flows well with the music, but again - I sometimes wish the pose, line, moment were held a bit longer, Betina is sure a firecracker and the dance is supposed to be temperamental, but there is too much rush at places for me, but it may be the matter of gelling, growing up the program.

I loved Lorraine and Quinn yesterday, I feel like they did a great step forward in terms of presence on ice, this 'visibility' in their material. They did FD run-through yesterday and looked very confident and collected.

But the real highlights were: Barbara vs Maurizio game of avoidance by boards and Barbara & Betina dance off by the boards to DJ repetorie:laugh:, I really love these moments in seeing competition live, adding to perspective, seeing skaters/coaches off duty, but still in their element:)

S/K could be tired. They looked pretty good at the Russian Cup event last week.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Awesome onsite report NNF. I'm glad I haven't made coffee yet or else I would have uhm not avoided a "choking with hilarity incident" reading about BF-P and M. The Glare Lives!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Phew! Had to run out to get milk (it's amazing how fast milk goes bad when you uhm forget to put it back in the fridge :slink:). Manhattan in the very early morning is quite lovely...you can actually hear birds chirp!

Let's do this! :)

ETA: Yes, just what I want to see during warmups. MORE loogs and a giant screen of who's competing this flight. Someone needs to have a serious talk with their director and about what fans actually want to see.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Here at the watch:) :) :), Ladies looking beautiful, guys looking sharp, sea of black and some rhinestones, it is a showtime!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Geez, losing focus not once, but twice? Great job.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Weird lens focus issue multiple times... missed the twizzles entirely! :noshake:

edit: whoops, I guess I just forgot I saw them? Early morning weirdness.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
A strong program and performance, for me probably their best program ever, encompassing both dance character and their style. I like that the program has a nice, even structure and is not overcluttered. Nice Tango details in partnering, pattern could be more close and detailed, but everything nicely time and no visible issues

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV
Music: "Verano Porteño," by Astor Piazzolla performed by Raúl Garello
Choreography by: Alexander Zhulin
Costumes: She in black sparkle dress with cut out back and paneled skirt. He in basic black tango suit with jacket

Required Elements:

Twizzles - skated with a litltle less of his patented "I'm going to hell if I don't do this with Total Abandon" style.
TR pattern - which was quite lovely. It's a good pattern for them, shows off their basics and long lines
Rotational lift with a lovely sculptural entry position and nice speed throughout
Midline ST Seq--good sequence of not touching steps.

Of course the camera going COMPLETELY OUT OF FOCUS twice for a total of about 20 seconds just ENHANCES THE VIEWING EXPERIENCE. :hpull:

Score: 75.96 (39.04 TES 36.92 PCS)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

LadyB

Record Breaker
Yep, quite pleased with that. Still looking forward what P/M come up with