2018 Nepela Trophy Rhythm Dance

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Scores

1. Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV 75.96
2. Lorraine MCNAMARA / Quinn CARPENTER 70.37
3. Betina POPOVA / Sergey MOZGOV 67.65 (might have been 67.75, couldn’t hear well)
4. Adelina GALAYAVIEVA / Louis THAURON 62.37
5. Jasmine TESSARI / Francesco FIORETTI 61.05
6. Juulia TURKKILA / Matthias VERSLUIS 60.61
7. Robynne TWEEDALE / Joseph BUCKLAND 59.61
8. Lilah FEAR / Lewis GIBSON 59.34
9. Katharina MÜLLER / Tim DIECK 55.86
10. Anna KUBLIKOVA / Yuri HULITSKI 48.61

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Jasmine TESSARI / Francesco FIORETTI
Music: "Tango to Evora" by Conjunto Berretin; "Poeta En El Viento" by Vicente Amigo; "Encanto Rojo" by Fabio Hager Sexteto
Choreography by: Corrado Giordani
Costumes: Basic black dress with lace overlay for her, black pants with red shirt and stupid sewed on "untied bow tie for that Frank Sinatra look at the afterhours club" for him

Required Elements:

Twizzles - really nicely held extension out of the first set
TR Pattern - if you're going to go all midtempo for the pattern then it needs to be sharper, closer and with more extension
Midline St Seq - There are chunks of choreography where she does nothing while he looks busy. Not good.
Rotional Lift - decent

The transition from the midtempo TR to the flamenco second section was awkward and bobbly. I thought this was massively overscored at Lombardia and I'm still not particularly impressed by what is now apparently Italy's #2 dance team.

Score: 61.05 (34.09 TES, 26.96 PCS)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lorraine MCNAMARA / Quinn CARPENTER
Music: "Desde el alma" by Orquesta Color Tango De Roberto Alvarez; "Quejumbroso" by Orquesta Color Tango De Roberto Alvarez
Choreography by: Alexei Kiliakov, Elena Novak, Natalia Skorikova
Costumes: Black and silver dress for her, basic black for him

Required Elements:

Twizzles Ooh la la. This is all vewy fwensh, n'est-ce pas?
ML St Seq - her posture has improved noticeably. She's also learned the benefit of holding back. Kids. They grow up so quickly!
TR Pattern - hmm, the entrance into the pattern is a bit muddled, but they're so much more SURE this season already from last season. The difference is palapable.
Ro Lift - Many positions but nicely done

Score:70.37

They broke 70! YES!!!!!!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Ok I'm done. Five seconds in and I'm done with Popova and Mozgov's tango. What is this, the Pussycat Dolls edition? Bye.

LOL, yes she is of the Krylova "Playing to the Parking Lot and maybe the next continent" OTT style, but I still think they may have the most long-term potential of the current crop of Russian senior IDers. It's one of those RDs you'll either love or hate. I enjoyed it.

pearly

Record Breaker
LOL, yes she is of the Krylova "Playing to the Parking Lot and maybe the next continent" OTT style, but I still think they may have the most long-term potential of the current crop of Russian senior IDers. It's one of those RDs you'll either love or hate. I enjoyed it.

You all know I am a tango snob. I won't give this a second glance.

Other than that, I liked them too in the past. But if it's them doing to Master and Margarita, I don't like them this year. Perly meets Anjelicy Krylova. Pearly 0, Anjelica 1.