2018 NHK Free Dance | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2018 NHK Free Dance

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They had Michael Jackson’s “Don’t Stop Until You Get Enough” in the last part. It’s perfect for those epic slides!!!

Really I completely missed that:eeking: my bad!

That’s a lot of jams:thumbsup:

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Really I completely missed that:eeking: my bad!

That’s a lot of jams:thumbsup:

How?! 'Off the Wall' was a million times better than Thriller, and the whole FD is a tribute to Studio 54 in the 70s.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How?! 'Off the Wall' was a million times better than Thriller, and the whole FD is a tribute to Studio 54 in the 70s.

I meant I must have been dozing during that part of Lilah & Lewis FD, or the stream sucked away the music.

Off the Wall was a great album, but I liked Thriller too. Then again, I know Thriller was produced by my man Quincy Jones and even had some help from my true main man Rod Temperton, the founder of Heatwave.

And every ID team in the world should skate to all of them:party2:

:eek:topic:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

I'm with you re: Off the Wall. Late 1970s MJ is honestly my fave.

But to get that much Donna Summer in an FD is pretty amazing to me!

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
I have never felt anything romantic about their programs, and I haven't heard that comment before tbh, so I don't know that it's a big problem for them. I do think that if, say Tessa and Scott skated this program it would feel romantic. But then I also think that if Tessa and Scott skated the Shibs Fix You program it would have felt romantic.

Fair enough - I guess that’s why ice dance is so subjective. As I said, it’s just my opinion and find them uncomfortable to watch. Even the British Eurosport commentators said that it must be difficult for them to skate to that kind of romantic program but they handled it well.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, I have been crazy busy with work and family visiting, so I have just gotten around to watching the Brits that have gotten so much attention.

Wow! I loved every second of that program!

Far from feeling dated, it felt fresh and fun - it is such a departure from the countless lyrical emo programs that are currently infesting the ice dance world.

I've already watched it three times in succession, and that is a first for ANY program this season.

More of this!

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I meant I must have been dozing during that part of Lilah & Lewis FD, or the stream sucked away the music.

Off the Wall was a great album, but I liked Thriller too. Then again, I know Thriller was produced by my man Quincy Jones and even had some help from my true main man Rod Temperton, the founder of Heatwave.

And every ID team in the world should skate to all of them:party2:

:eek:topic:

So nice to see a mention for the usually unsung British music hero Rod Temperton. :rock:

I'm with you re: Off the Wall. Late 1970s MJ is honestly my fave.

But to get that much Donna Summer in an FD is pretty amazing to me!

Credit to the music editor, Hugo, who did a seamless job. :clap:

And Lilah & Lewis have the perfect blue costumes to match a Donna Summer colour scheme! :yes:
https://twitter.com/historylvrsclub/status/1062283012723953664?s=19

The only thing missing was this.... :medal"