2018 Olympic Figure Skating Mens FS | Page 146 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Figure Skating Mens FS

Barb

Record Breaker
Well the father's name traditionally goes last...but I guess you could pick either?

I know the two last name thing because the lady I work for is from Peru. Not sure about the rest LOL

we have first the father´s name and the last family name is our mother's last name. If my Mom is Julia Aldama and my dad Antonio Espino, so my name will be like Susana Espino Aldama. You can not exchange the order

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Boyang is outrageously robbed. He should be the third, and Javi should be the second.

I like Shoma for being a cute boy and all that, but he was not better than Javi and Boyang here.

Boyang and Shoma both had 4 quads and they each fell on one. Shoma has better flow on the landings and he has better skating skills and program.

Boyang is outrageously robbed. He should be the third, and Javi should be the second.

I like Shoma for being a cute boy and all that, but he was not better than Javi and Boyang here.

As much as I wanted Boyang to medal, I can't agree with this. Even if he hadn't fallen on his 4T, he would have not medalled. His LP is pretty bad. That affects his PCS, too -- it's not him just magically being so much worse than the top 3 (and yet somehow being one of the world's best). He just doesn't know what to perform in his LP -- it goes from serious to light to serious. It should have built to a finale like the Top 2's do. Would have fetched him more CO, PE and IN points. Then there are the transitions of course.

He can get it in 2022. He can keep the tech content, no problem. I'm actually shocked he fell on the 4T. He's so sure with his quads (and easily the best quality, give or take Yuzu). And start working on his PCS even more!

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
The living legend himself wins the Winter Olympics 1000th Gold Medal.

IOC MEDIA @iocmedia

Hanyu wins the thousandth Olympic Winter Games gold medal event

lavender

Record Breaker
Hanyu's leg seems to still be hurting. He kind of grabbed his leg after his skate. I don't care... Hanyu is the best skater overall these past 7 years even if he doesn't do 8 quads. Look how smooth his skating and jumps are.

sam123

On the Ice
Instead of bashing the guys, why don't we just congratulate everyone for their hard work? I just don't understand why some here needed to go to the extent of belittling the guys. That's low.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Shoma: A very poor man's Daisuke Takahashi, his performances have always felt exhausting to me, but he deserves his place on the podium and in the pantheon of Japanese greats.

I feel downright terrible for laughing at this but oh my god I am in tears!!! :rofl:

Hikaru

Final Flight
I believe in some Latin countries its customary to use both your father's and your mother's family names.

Maybe he just uses only the one in FS for simplicity?
In Spain and latin america (including mexico, etc.)when registering the birth of a child they usually register with both the father and mother's surname. The Usual is father's last name first and mother's last name second. I'm from Panama so I don't know if in Spain you can choose to switch the order of the last name.

However when presenting yourself to others, most people just use the first name and the first surname (though legally they have 2 surnames)

There are instances for single mothers that register their children with their surname (not the father's) but that is a whole other story.

Back to skating[emoji1] [emoji1]

bixby

Final Flight
1. Hanyu lost more than 10 points in this free skate
2. Hanyu best free skate score is 223

So no. Clean Chen wouldn't beat clean Hanyu

That was then! As good as Hanyu is today, I doubt he can replicate the 223 today my friend. He only has quad toe and quad sal at best to rely on. Nathan tried 6 quads, one was not perfect and with no triple toe attached to quad lutz this time. See where I'm coming from? Mathematically Nathan has the upper hand regardless if Hanyu scored perfect 10's on the PCS or how masterpieces his programs were tonight.

nicfanz

Rinkside
US commentators/critics are so hypocritical. In 2010, they said Lysacek deserved to win over Plushenko despite no quads because he gave the better performance. Now they are hyping Nathan for being all about quads. So quads aren't important if the American skater cannot do them. But if they are quad expert then suddenly quads=GOAT.

tzazu

Medalist
In Spain and latin america (including mexico, etc.)when registering the birth of a child they usually register with both the father and mother's surname. The Usual is father's last name first and mother's last name second. I'm from Panama so I don't know if in Spain you can choose to switch the order of the last name.

However when presenting yourself to others, most people just use the first name and the first surname (though legally they have 2 surnames)

There are instances for single mothers that register their children with their surname (not the father's) but that is a whole other story.

Back to skating[emoji1] [emoji1]

Yes, you can do it

ks777

Record Breaker
Who is to say that Nathan Chen can perform under pressure? Not taking away from his free skate, that was a master class of jumping but he had no pressure anymore on him. The medal was almost gone. And he skated end to end setting up for all his quad and sacrificing all his choreography. Half of being a champion is being able to perform under pressure and not what your ability is. There are alot of what ifs in Olympic competition. Ask Sasha Cohen in 2006. An olympic champion also needs to be able to rise to the occasion. That's why skaters like Hanyu and Kim are the champions they are because they were able to rise above the pressure. You can't say they have any less media coverage than Nathan Chen. Nathan Chen have alot to learn. I wish him the best but I also hope he develops his PCS and skating skills. Chen to me is still just a jumping bean. He doesn't create moments that captivates the audiences. We'll see in four years. Hope Chen stays healthy and develops. Also a shout out to Vincent Zhou, who I think actually has more potential than Chen.

ITA with you. There is no what ifs for me. Nathan has proven time and time again that he can NOT deliver under tremendous pressure. I have no doubt he would not have skated as well as he did in LP, had he been in the final group.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
How was Shoma not better than Boyang? He has the better skating quality and they did pretty much equal on the jumps.

Javier should have won Silver though, Shoma's 4Loop was underrotated but not called.

Well, They have like 30 minutes to protest it if they want

But i must admit i also missed that,
Some pre rotation there and landing right on the quarter mark