2018 Skate America Pairs FP | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate America Pairs FP

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
A far from error free competition but still entertaining.

I’m glad to see fans are giving T/M some love for this programme. I like how the music builds at the end but I’m not so keen on the opening part. Their twist was as brilliant as ever, I was worried after the opening jump but she fought back well. They are not the in top shape yet, it will be interesting to see it when skated clean.

Delighted for E/K, I really like them as a couple. Hoped they might get on the podium but never expected 2nd. I like their speed and their elements are great but the jumps need a lot of work. A great boost for C/ L to finish top American team, loved the way their arm movements match, not so sure on the costumes.

Disappointed for Kneirms, I don’t particularly like either of their programmes. I thought wicked game would work well for a married couple but it felt very cold. They have a fight on their hands in the US, the split with Aliona can’t have helped their performance.

Hopefully next week is a better skated competition.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Prediction game update - so far one perfect score! Full results will be uploaded tomorrow into the spreadsheet and post with podium will be posted in predictions thread:)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Good news everyone eurosports.tv is now showing the Pairs Victory ceremony!

I must say the flower presenters are so underdressed after some of the cool costumes we've seen at the JGPs.

On the plus side no plastic stars :laugh2:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I must say the flower presenters are so underdressed after some of the cool costumes we've seen at the JGPs.

Amen. Like those were awful. And the fact that Misha Ge got awarded that for his only GP podium finish.

Truth. The traditional ones were cool.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker

Gabby P. Looked so happy with her big Green star. She waved it around just like I would. And then I would have made Guillaume put it in his luggage for the trip home. Cause that is how I roll.

It does beg the question though: What will the French Grand Prix do to top itself this year?

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Gabby P. Looked so happy with her big Green star. She waved it around just like I would. And then I would have made Guillaume put it in his luggage for the trip home. Cause that is how I roll.

It does beg the question though: What will the French Grand Prix do to top itself this year?

Everyone brings up the plastic stars, but the plastic medals from that GFP in Marseilles that fell off the ribbon for a few skaters were maybe even worse.

lesnar001

Record Breaker

They could paste Gold, Silver, and Bronze stars on the skaters' foreheads.

Just like the teachers used to do when I was in Kindergarten.