2018 Skate America Pairs FP | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate America Pairs FP

nocturnalis

Medalist
Eurosport made it sound like they had “disagreements about training intensity” and that they had a fall out a couple of days ago

Makes me wonder cause I mean.. I guess it would seem obvious that Aljona won’t be a chill coach?

Anyone can see where that was going. Elite athlete rarely translate into good coaching. And with someone as dedicated as Aliona, a person who willed herself to Olympic gold, it seems like she would would totally work her atheletes hard.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Explain, please. It's not right word when you feel light sorrow after touching perfomance?

No..it's fine but if you'd like to know the most appropriate word is probably "moved" "stirring" or "heart-wrenching". If it actually makes you feel sad heart wrenching is a good one.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
wow I only got 35 points in pairs, always so hard to predict, this and men

I'm scoring next week and had a little run through with the first couple of pages of predictions - unless I've done something very wrong with my scoring :palmf: I think you got 45 (I got 45 as well)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So sad for Alexa and Chris, she will always have my respect and I want them to come back.

But I do love me some Ashley and Tim and I love their programs “of equals”. I don’t see why this LP was not scored higher?:confused:

And of course I love my gal Deanna and my homie Nate too, what will I do in future GP comps? A surfeit of riches for the US.:biggrin:

But congrats to T/M, I’m still not on board with their programs, but clearly the class of the field:clap:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm scoring next week and had a little run through with the first couple of pages of predictions - unless I've done something very wrong with my scoring :palmf: I think you got 45 (I got 45 as well)

How does the scoring work, this is the first time I did it. I got first and fifth place correct.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
*How am I supposed to watch FS while the dog is complaining and the cat is yelling?*

I am looking forward to seeing this young German team again. I found their SP very nice.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
So sad for Alexa and Chris, she will always have my respect and I want them to come back.

But I do love me some Ashley and Tim and I love their programs “of equals”. I don’t see why this LP was not scored higher?:confused:

And of course I love my gal Deanna and my homie Nate too, what will I do in future GP comps? A surfeit of riches for the US.:biggrin:

But congrats to T/M, I’m still not on board with their programs, but clearly the class of the field:clap:

This LP is so much better than last year's LP that I want to give it all the points. Here T/M..take all the points I wouldn't give you last year because.. Candyman.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
- Cain/Leduc received < calls on the sbs 3Lo and sbs 3S
- Efimova/Korovin received a << call on the sbs 2A

moriel

Record Breaker
Eurosport made it sound like they had “disagreements about training intensity” and that they had a fall out a couple of days ago

Makes me wonder cause I mean.. I guess it would seem obvious that Aljona won’t be a chill coach?

The way it sounds, Aljona should join Eteri's team and create a pair division there

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker

wait really?! wow maybe this is why I shouldn't be trying to do manual scoring... :palmf:
15 T/M
5 SK/K
10 E/K
10 C/L
5 H/B

wow you're right :biggrin:

s_parks

Record Breaker
I feel like Aljona should be hired by the chinese fed, she seems like a total fit to work with their pairs, lol.

sunn1ly

On the Ice
I like the programs and the elements of Chris and Alexa and I think that Chris has improved. Hope they continue the work with Aliona. I don't know her character and how she is approaching them, but if she wanted them to practise more she probably want it for their good. So hope the things work out.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I don't really get why everyone thinks this program is so great? Is every program that isn't a tacky mess a masterpiece with them?
I guess they'll just never be interesting to me. Feels more Petrova/Tikhonov than Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze.

Masterpiece? No. But after Lionel Ritchie Muzak and Candyman, I think it's fair to call it A Very Fresh Restart. I just wish, as I said earlier, that they took more chances with the choreography.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
How does the scoring work, this is the first time I did it. I got first and fifth place correct.

You get 55:

15 for getting T/M in the correct position, 10 for getting C/L one place out, 10 for getting SK/K one place out, 5 for getting E/K 2 places out and 15 for getting H/S in the right place.

15+10+10+5+15 = 55

rain

Record Breaker
Far better music choice for Tarasova/Morozov here. Once they can express the music, rather than thinking through the program, this can be a really beautiful program.

The other pair I was impressed with was Cain/Leduc. And I'm so jealous of how she pulls off that catsuit. Was a little surprised their score was so close to the second Russian pair, as the Russians had some big errors.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Far better music choice for Tarasova/Morozov here. Once they can express the music, rather than thinking through the program, this can be a really beautiful program.

The other pair I was impressed with was Cain/Leduc. And I'm so jealous of how she pulls off that catsuit. Was a little surprised their score was so close to the second Russian pair, as the Russians had some big errors.

Wait for Vanessa James catsuit for the season, I don't think I am ready:drama:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You get 55:

15 for getting T/M in the correct position, 10 for getting C/L one place out, 10 for getting SK/K one place out, 5 for getting E/K 2 places out and 15 for getting H/S in the right place.

15+10+10+5+15 = 55

Yay. I'm happy with that. ;)