2018 Skate America Pairs FP | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate America Pairs FP

Vili67

On the Ice
It was good but i think there was same few mistakes that was in few weeks ago in Finlandia trophy

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Evgenia and Vladimir this is my favorite program that they have ever done. But I hate the back of Evgenia's dress.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
My main concern about this music is it just too similiar to Aliona and Bruno's FP music from last year and it's not as nice as S/M's music so it kinda seems like..a downgrade...an inferior copy :(

Ooo Maxim's rocking a different shirt today, I like it :laugh:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Some stunning moments in this program. I love the two ending lifts

Yes. I can't say a lot for the performance as a whole, but there were some very high quality elements in there. I bet the GOE on the pair elements is off the charts.

s_parks

Record Breaker
I don't really get why everyone thinks this program is so great? Is every program that isn't a tacky mess a masterpiece with them?
I guess they'll just never be interesting to me. Feels more Petrova/Tikhonov than Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
It helps that Vlad looks so much more comfortable doing this than he does in the short and last year.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV (RUS)

Beautiful 3Twist with great height. Only a 1S from Tarasova, eek. Better 3T+2T+2T, good recovery. Stumble out on the throw 3Lz. Smooht first lift, could have more speed out of the lift. Nice arch and speed of rotation on the death spiral. Good speed throughout the combo spin. Fought for the landing of the throw 3Lo, fine overall, I have no idea how she saved that landing (that kneebend!). Great one-armed position in the axel lasso lift, and a great final lift to end the program.

A much better program than their Olympic one last year. The softer quality does make their speed and lines seem strong. I still think Morozov needs a few classes with him expressing the music with his face and stretching his movements to match Tarasova. I like their lifts and overall quality on the easier elements.

FP: 133.61, 64.00 TES, 69.61 PCS
Total: 204.85

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The silence leading up to the twist landing on the single musical note is a cool concept, though maybe the preceding mostly silent section goes a bit too long.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
T/M finally have a program that isn't purely classical and is neither stunningly inappropriate or a snoozefest.

Lovely costume for her really ruined for me but what appears to be a large and life-threatening melanoma on her back. That's not a design element, dear; that's a design flaw.

The choreography is ok. The last lift is very inventive into that final position. If they had really thought more out of the box like they do there, it would really elevate this more (at least for me). I do hope they tinker with it.

But what a huge advance over what Mozer foisted on them over the years.