2018 Skate America Pairs FP | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate America Pairs FP

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They actually lost tech to the Knierims, but won PCS and didn't have the deductions

The K's were racking up some serious GOE on the twist and the lifts.

Just eyeballing, C/L were getting around base value, and I think they lost a few levels along the way, too. We'll know more when we see the protocols.

He needs to hit the weights.

twirlingaround

Rinkside
Same here. And people said she was too tall to be a pair girl...

She is too tall! Great program but in a stacked field they will not be able to be on top 10. Great skate considering the level of the other teams at this event. But she is to talk for him and they have weak pair elements.

twirlingblades

Medalist
The K's were racking up some serious GOE on the twist and the lifts.

Just eyeballing, C/L were getting around base value, and I think they lost a few levels along the way, too. We'll know more when we see the protocols.

He needs to hit the weights.

It was definitely levels (according to the box) and GOEs. K's had tech issues, but they are really good at twists, lifts, and spins.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
The Germans improved form last season, but they're not gonna beat Cain/Le Duc here....

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Minerva Fabienne HASE / Nolan SEEGERT (GER)

Alright opening 3Twist, not a great catch. Decent 3T+2T, nicely done. Lots of problems with the 3S, I believe Hase landed with a 3S<< but will have to take a look back. Lots of trouble getting out of the lift in the first reverse lasso. A fine second lasso lift. Fall on the throw 3Lo, sadly. Very awkward and slow on the reverse rotation in the combo spin. Better entry on the third lift. A bit of a scrape of the second foot on the throw 3S. A bit of leg separation on the final death spiral.

Overall, just not a lot of connection to the music. This high-energy rock option makes their moves look labored and slow compared to the softer, lyrical music in their short program. It just felt flat in expression, energy, and speed.

FP: 102.06, 48.10, 54.96, -1 Deduction
Total: 162.10

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Since Pavliuchenko/Khodykin struggled at MAIS, I'd like to see two Russian pairs on the podium today. And Cain/LeDuc are sentimental faves :)

oh this music gives me flashbacks to Zhenya

They need nicer costumes for this program, Zhenya had a beautiful dress when she skated to this music.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
She is too tall! Great program but in a stacked field they will not be able to be on top 10. Great skate considering the level of the other teams at this event. But she is to talk for him and they have weak pair elements.

lol so that puts them even with every other American team... :laugh::cry:

Interview with Sk/S- confirm split with Aliona, say nice things about her, sad it didn't work out, hope to work with her in the future. PR statement, nothing of substance

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
They're not really doing anything with the music choice.

The next ISU Congress urgently needs to rescind the changes they made to pairs lifts -- they're now too complicated, and so many teams are struggling with them.