2018 Skate America Pairs FP | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate America Pairs FP

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
overall, im pleased with T/M costumes and programs this season.

I agree. Not masterpieces or anything, but it'll work. And her SP dress is so stunning. Wish she'd had something like that last season.

My main concern about this music is it just too similiar to Aliona and Bruno's FP music from last year and it's not as nice as S/M's music so it kinda seems like..a downgrade...an inferior copy :(

Ooo Maxim's rocking a different shirt today, I like it :laugh:

I do think the program is in that style, and they don't have S/M's magic with it. It's nice - not special, but maybe by the end of the season when clean.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Alisa EFIMOVA / Alexander KOROVIN (RUS)

Smooth 3Twist with good height. Stumble step-out for Korovin on the 2A. Fall for Efimova on the 3S combo attempt. Good throw 3S with a good landing, almost thought it was a 2S. Nice spread eagle entry into the lasso lift with an interesting exit as well. Nice spread eagle lift for the choreo sequence. Good throw 3Lo right into a death spiral with fair speed. Good distance on the second reverse lift.A bit of a struggle on the last lift though, very unsteady. Awkward change of foot on the combo spin, but fine positions.

Their skating skills are stronger than Ashley/Timothy so they are able to carry the speed and glide much better through the program. They aren't as expressive or personable on the ice but they are more secure in their lifts and transitions. They can amass good +2/+3 marks on many of their elements.

FP: 116.60, 57.37 TES, 60.23 PCS, -1 Deduction
Total: 178.98

Orlov

Medalist
T/M finally have a program that isn't purely classical and is neither stunningly inappropriate or a snoozefest.

Lovely costume for her really ruined for me but what appears to be a large and life-threatening melanoma on her back. That's not a design element, dear; that's a design flaw.

The choreography is ok. The last lift is very inventive into that final position. If they had really thought more out of the box like they do there, it would really elevate this more (at least for me). I do hope they tinker with it.

But what a huge advance over what Mozer foisted on them over the years.

It's not melanoma, it's Yin-Yang.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Thanks all.

A good placement in Russia and they might go to the finals..3 Russian teams in the finals? Possible.

It is a good thing I don't do predictions because I would have had SK/K second.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
A random thought is that Efimova/Korovin could probably pull off 'Ramalama' Zombie program:)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
It's not melanoma, it's Yin-Yang.

Yes, I "get" it. I just don't think it works. If she had gone with a solid white back instead of ill-matching illusion fabric, and if the embroidery matched his, it would stand out more. Right now it looks like a symptom, not a design element.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Okay, time to go math for predictions (I have 65, not too bad, top 4 predicted correctly ;))

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Thanks all.

A good placement in Russia and they might go to the finals..3 Russian teams in the finals? Possible.

It is a good thing I don't do predictions because I would have had SK/K second.

Yeah, I did put Sk/K in second :laugh: But I had two Russian teams on podium, so hopefully will get some points for that ;)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Interview with T/M!

Dunno who the interviewer is, sounds like a basketball guy maybe a friend of Terry's :laugh:

And now I can finally have breakfast, which is good because I am starving right now!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Pretty dumb questions for someone who is not a native english speaker because they are hard to process and translate at the same time in your mind. Do better next time interviewer.