2018 Skate America Rhythm Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate America Rhythm Dance

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
More than fair :dance:. In fact I have so much faith in you I am watching ISU stream with no commentary.:)

On the plus side THE BOX has made it's triumphant return and has proved to be most helpful!

s_parks

Record Breaker
Watching the warm up, I feel like you're not even allowed to compete in ice dancing if you're ugly

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
What rhythm is the libertango? I want to find other music to match for when I get sick of Piazzolla

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It's been working in the US which is surprising.

I am just amazed. I really hope that this is a regular thing and isn't just a mistake that will be "corrected" without warning.

This is actually the first part of the event that I have watched LIVE. Although, I did start into archived World Feed coverage of the Men's SP last night (just got the last 2 to watch, which I will do once this is over)

Might switch over to Eurosport, as the Eurovision Sport stream keeps freezing as I type and the picture is now behind the sound.

CaroLiza_fan

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
We had a cat named Lola and we used to sing this song to her..so yes I'm singing along! Go do this team union jack!

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Ahhhh tech box, thank u for reminding me forcibly that I have no idea what any of the elements in dance are or how anything is scored.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
2 British couples and I'm sure all the Brits are abed. As a dual citizen I will represent and root for them as a good citizen of the U.K.

Erm, I'm here!

It's 05:20 here, so it's not that bad. That said, I only woke up about half an hour ago.

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
This is saucy! I like it!

Also I just noticed the USA jacketed people who often show up to events in the US, I hadn't seen them before now!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Erm, I'm here!

It's 05:20 here, so it's not that bad. That said, I only woke up about half an hour ago.

CaroLiza_fan

Aha.. I forgot because you don't have the Union Jack as your flag. Hardy of you to be up so early.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Robynne TWEEDALE / Joseph BUCKLAND
Music: Tango: "Whatever Lola Wants; Tango: " Libertango" by Astor Piazzolla
Choreography by: Igor Shpilband, Pasquale Camerlengo
Costumes: She in a basic red tango dress, He in basic black pants and stripedvest with white shirt.

Required Elements:

Some really nice sultry tango steps to start. Much better than before. More emotional and connected. Then into the
TR Pattern - mixed YN KPs. A bit smaller than last time,
Twizzles - Level 4 for both but -.58 GOE. Not alot of coverage.
Curve Lift- very slow slow curve. Level 4 but only .41 GOE
Midline St Seq - again, better but the steps aren't especially distinctive. Level 2 with .65 GOE

One of the problems I have with this dance is that Libertango seems to be stapled on at the end for the required tempo change. It's not a fully integrated dance. And usually Igor's tangos are.

Score: 57.77