2018 Skate America Rhythm Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate America Rhythm Dance

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Thank goodness WeakAnkles is here, the tech box is there and I'm like uh... twizzles were off?

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Aha.. I forgot because you don't have the Union Jack as your flag. Hardy of you to be up so early.

Yeah, that's a thing I made a point of doing when I uploaded the flag icons - making sure that the flags of the individual parts of the UK were included.

So that I can fly my own flag! :biggrin:

(And I have spotted that 2 other GS members are doing the same - another one using the Northern Irish flag, and one using the Welsh flag).

I have always been an "early to bed, early to rise" kind of a person. And once I wake, that is me for the day.

The Eurosport stream has been struggling a bit as well, so it might just be my computer. But, just as I write that, I notice that I didn't actually close the Eurovision window after opening Eurosport's version (I just paused Eurovision), so maybe having both open was the problem.

Seems to have been working fine now I have closed it.

CaroLiza_fan

twirlingblades

Medalist
I am just amazed. I really hope that this is a regular thing and isn't just a mistake that will be "corrected" without warning.

This is actually the first part of the event that I have watched LIVE. Although, I did start into archived World Feed coverage of the Men's SP last night (just got the last 2 to watch, which I will do once this is over)

Might switch over to Eurosport, as the Eurovision Sport stream keeps freezing as I type and the picture is now behind the sound.

CaroLiza_fan

Me too. I've been relying on russian feeds in the US. NBC really thinks I'll pay for gold even though I have a cable package. Ha!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Her hair is gorgeous but it clashes with the red of her dress...

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Karina MANTA / Joseph JOHNSON
Music: Flamenco: Malaguena by Ernesto Lecuona; Tango: Alcoba Azul by Elliot Goldenthal; Flamceno: Malaguena by Ernesto Lecuona
Choreography by: Trina Pratt,Ben Agosto
Costumes: Black crop top with flounces and red skirt for her; black pants and vest with red shirt for him

Required Elements:

TR Pattern - very small with all N KPs. .60 GOE
Twizzles - Level 4 for both. They could be skated closer together
SL Lift - this is really cool, Pickup from the back. Flip over to one foot by him. Level 4 with .21 GOE.
Midline Step Seq - Tempo change to Flamenco. Again, they skate SMALL. GOE of .14. Level 2

They really need to stretch more, command the ice. Right now they're skating small so there isn't as much impact. But that SL lift is quite cool. And the choreography is good. Skate out more!

Score: 51.89

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Apparently she is the first out lesbian figure skater ever. I hate labels but that is what she calls herself so. And not gossip because she did an article about it. He is also out.

Well, bi figure skater. Either way, a good step forward for representation!

Alexandra's black skates! I don't know how to feel about this :laugh:

auser

Record Breaker
Thanks..but some don't find me funny at all so I'll take all the praise I can get.
Well you would get heaps of praise from me, I second the ancientpeas show idea. But I don't want to be too sugary this early in the RD comp;)