2018 Skate Canada Pairs Free Skate | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate Canada Pairs Free Skate

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
They are screaming because that was a skate for the ages. It was breathtaking watching on my cell phone. I can only imagine how intense an experience it was in the arena!

:love::yahoo:

kimi492

Final Flight
Amazing skate by Vanessa/Morgan - my dream of them becoming world champions one step closer to being true! I’m so happy for them - they’ve put in a lot of hard work and it shows

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Some really beautiful programs. All with room to grow throughout the season. J/C were beyond my expectations. Just wow!

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Oh, Vanessa & Morgan, that was spectacular! All the years of wondering if they were ever going to get there, you know. Totally would have been easier if I'd known one day they would skate like this.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Well, both MT/M and P/J only got ahead of them because they had leads from the SP. Tough call. B/K had a great skate, though. I expect them to podium at the IdF, probably silver.

With this score, last week at SA they would have been easily on the second place. That's FS...I hope they will get even more ambitious, because they really have the potential to be great! :luv17:

rain

Record Breaker
I love the young Russian team. Still clunky in some places into and out of the elements, but these two could be future world champions. I really like that they have personality, too. The commentators said they were reminded of B/S, but I was more reminded of Artur Dmitriev and his partners (two of my favourite all-time pairs teams).

Totally disagree with the Chinese team taking silver without a side-by-side triple, given the high calibre of skating in the final group. What a step backward for the sport. Both the Russian team and MT/M should have finished ahead of them overall.

James/Cipres the clear winners. It's a good program, but the music is awful. With so many covers of Wicked Game out there, not to mention the original, this choice is just so, so grating. Hated it. It really diminished my overall enjoyment. Also, while I love a good catsuit, and Vanessa James can certainly wear one like nobody's business, I really didn't like the bedazzling that went down between her butt cheeks (sorry, no elegant way of saying it). It was like a really uncomfortable thong over the costume. However, this was without a doubt one of the cleanest performances I've ever seen them do. Looks like they could well be on their way back to the worlds podium.

I may be the only one, but I really miss the side by side spins.

Oh, and I can't wait to get back to CBC coverage for the rest of the Grand Prix. Listening to Rob Black makes me want to stab myself with a spork. (Tracey Wilson is a delight, as always, though.)

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
It is what it is. They were held down in the short program :( any chance they can qualify to the final?

Well, their next entrance is in France, with J/C again, but the rest of the pairs is not so strong, so they could have some chance for even silver. We will see if potentially fourth and second place could be enough...