2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Fluture

Record Breaker
Nikolay Kolesnikov.
Alena is next

And Alena jumped 3F and had a hard fall.. (she also jumped two 3S) why is she doing this... it‘s clear that her body isn‘t ready. I don‘t care if she skates without jumps, her skating is beautiful anyway. She should really look after her health.

SkateSkates

Medalist
And Alena jumped 3F and had a bad fall.. (she also jumped two 3S) why is she doing this... it‘s clear that her body isn‘t ready. I don‘t care if she skates without jumps, her skating is beautiful anyway. She should really look after her health.

Considering she was off for over a month and has only been back for a week?ish It wasn’t too bad. She probably wants to get the feeling of doing the jumps under pressure again - it would be a long time from February to September to not skate in a pressure filled environment

Scott512

Record Breaker
Highly likely FFKR won't provide accreditation to R-Sport journalist Elena Vaytsekhovskaya
https://fsrussia.ru/news/4371-ffkkr...hurnalistke-r-sport-elene-vajtsekhovskoj.html
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

She has an ax to grind with eteri and is not fair to her or her pupils. If this Elena really wants the age limit raised to 18 for seniors and that reduces Russia's chances of winning Olympics in the ladies event in Beijing. And we would not have had the Yulia and Adelina greatness at the 2014 Winter Olympics.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
The next season will be interesting that's for sure. I think Alena and Evgenia and anyone wanting to be competitive really need to look at the triple axel. If you do that in the sp cleanly it is worth a lot - like over 5/6 pts more than a double with goes So that is pretty big unless you have two quads (and can do 3 in the lp then yu can make up alot of ground of course. Mind you pcs still play a role and Alina as well as you have to land the triple axel and quads so that factors in. But with the 3A's coming up and Alina, Evgena, Liza, Sofia and Maria - the latter two seem like an after thought there is no room even to think about Leonova, Pogo, Radinova, Tsurskaya Even if Zagitova succumbs to puberty; there are replacements though the one problem is they too are vulnerable to puberty.

I hope Evbenia really gains some strength, spped andamplitude with more time with Tracy and Brian. And that artisitcally she continues to develop.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Nobody prevents her from writing anything. She can always express herself on her blog (or go on Youtube like Dave Lease :rolleye:). She isn't entitled to accreditation just because she calls herself a journalist. And you're just focusing on one excerpt when there are surely far worse things she has written over the years. From what I've seen, there are plenty of highly biased Russian journalists who criticize skaters and coaches, who have not been warned like this. So there has to be something more going on than simply expressing an opinion.

Eteri girls in other Russian ladies get pushed to the side when they're about 20 years old because Russia has so much talent coming up. The same will happen to Medvedeva and Zagitova.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Considering she was off for over a month and has only been back for a week?ish It wasn’t too bad. She probably wants to get the feeling of doing the jumps under pressure again - it would be a long time from February to September to not skate in a pressure filled environment

Of course it wasn‘t bad but the point is that she shouldn‘t be jumping at all, especially because she just came back from injury. She said she would skate the show without jumps. I‘m just worried and I wish she would listen to the doctors. There’s no use in jumping if your body isn‘t ready.

Sofia Akatieva is my favorite of the very young skaters, by far! Her gala performance here just cemented that. Let's hope she has a smoother eventual transition to senior skating than two others that I picked as favorites when they were younger (Polina Tsurskaya and Anastasia Tarakanova)...

karina17

Final Flight
Of course it wasn‘t bad but the point is that she shouldn‘t be jumping at all, especially because she just came back from injury. She said she would skate the show without jumps. I‘m just worried and I wish she would listen to the doctors. There’s no use in jumping if your body isn‘t ready.

I don't know if she said it anywhere else, but when her ask.fm stated that she would do the show without jumps, she later confirmed that her ask.fm was hacked and it wasn't her answering anything.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
It was good seeing her Don Quijote again. :)

Agreed. And when you consider she barely trained it...

BTW people say something about her thin legs... During the year Alina grown into a woman. The difference in her figure was now even more obvious due to the costume. She looks perfectly fit and athletic.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Love that ice level camera.

Finally a chance to see Trusova smash those windows in your face.

Gleikhengauz is great in commenting his skaters, rightfully praising them but not overdone.

Show perhaps could use a little more polish, but for a first time effort, probably limited rehearsal time under full stage lighting and so far from home it is quite extraordinary.

Zagitova looking so fit and happy. Those most stressful World Championships behind her, she has gained so much presence and confidence. Grown too, that costume seemed quite tight now.

Vlad Karigov

On the Ice
Trusova always looking to exceed the human limit, try a 4Lz on a shortened track, without walls that protect against colliding with people and with 0 lighting is worthy of praise...

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Hopefully.

Krasnodarci did well. Looks like a sell out, all seats taken.

Svetlana Panova with the little boy?