2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 32 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
Dasha is training 4T too I think. The training pictures released have her in the position to do a 4T. Maybe on her birthday we’ll get a video too? (And for Maya too?)

NaVi

Medalist
Alina Gorbacheva is someone I want to highlight because she is the oldest(or one of the oldest) of the skaters who could conceivably compete to earn a JGP spot who were inspired to start skating because of Sochi... she's 11, been skating for 4 years, and started when she was 7(which is later than usual but Gracie for one started when she was 8). One of her coaches is Alexandra Proklova. She can do 2A+3T and Eu-3S combos. I doubt she'll make the JGP... though she is ahead of where Zagitova and Tsurskaya were at the same age before they switched to Eteri.

Fskate: http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/5099.html
Here's a contest video where she reveals she's been skating for only 4 years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H7qXTMgnfw
SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApJVHLnuyZo
FS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52uXrdAPj54
I'm not going to link directly to her instagram... it's not hard to find. But here are some videos from it.
Choreography with Proklova: https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/v...050432_n.mp4?_nc_ht=scontent.cdninstagram.com
Quad attempt(she opens up early and says the one she did the day before was better): https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/v...342276_n.mp4?_nc_ht=scontent.cdninstagram.com
3S-3Lo: https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/v...901401_n.mp4?_nc_ht=scontent.cdninstagram.com
Beginning of her FS at Zhuk Memorial Final(which is not on Youtube I think): https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/v...578112_n.mp4?_nc_ht=scontent.cdninstagram.com

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Just searched tweeter for Eteri name spelled in Japanese language. Just out of personal entertainment.. People are excited of DOI show cast with Zagitova, Kostornaya (they calling her 'Miss Lunaya' for some reason), Trusova and Shcherbakova (people excited to see her in yakuta) on a lineup.

One tweet really caught my eye. One person called those 4 Eteri's girls "D'Eteri Musketeers". :rofl:

(As in D'Artagnan and Three Musketeers by French writer Alexandre Dumas)

Finley

Record Breaker
Just searched tweeter for Eteri name spelled in Japanese language. Just out of personal entertainment.. People are excited of DoI cast with Zagitova, Kostornaya (they calling her 'Miss Lunaya' for some reason), Trusova and Shcherbakova (people excited to see her in yakuta) on a lineup.

One tweet really caught my eye. One person called those 4 Eteri's girls "D'Eteri Musketeers". :rofl:

I like it!

It's a little fancier than the 4A ;)

neusw

On the Ice
Alysa has a Quad Lutz. She does not only have her 3A

I would hardly count Alysa as having a quad lutz when the best attempt we’ve seen in practice has been barely rotated by the most generous standards and looked downright dangerous with the out of control rotation out of the jump. Until I see any attempt from her that actually looks solidly landed like most of the Russian girls’ quads, I remain very dubious that she will ever do a quad with any consistency in competition. She simply does not get enough height on her jumps to check out of her crazy spinning in time to get a good landing.

SkateSkates

Medalist
Just searched tweeter for Eteri name spelled in Japanese language. Just out of personal entertainment.. People are excited of DoI cast with Zagitova, Kostornaya (they calling her 'Miss Lunaya' for some reason), Trusova and Shcherbakova (people excited to see her in yakuta) on a lineup.

I’ve translated the Japanese tweets before too and some of it comes out pretty funny - google translate is much better for other languages to English 😂. Seems like Kostornaya translates to Cost Lunaya sometimes too? And Trusova gets a random W somewhere while Shcherbakova has the word shell in it. They often write something that translates to “dangerous too beautiful” 😂😂

I’ve also seen some version of ТЩК that translates really bad and only makes sense after reading it multiple times 😂 (something like Truwashellacoscos)

Amei

Record Breaker
I would hardly count Alysa as having a quad lutz when the best attempt we’ve seen in practice has been barely rotated by the most generous standards and looked downright dangerous with the out of control rotation out of the jump. Until I see any attempt from her that actually looks solidly landed like most of the Russian girls’ quads, I remain very dubious that she will ever do a quad with any consistency in competition. She simply does not get enough height on her jumps to check out of her crazy spinning in time to get a good landing.

Yeah, 'having' a jump in my opinion means you have thrown it in a competition

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
I’ve translated the Japanese tweets before too and some of it comes out pretty funny - google translate is much better for other languages to English [emoji23]. Seems like Kostornaya translates to Cost Lunaya sometimes too? And Trusova gets a random W somewhere while Shcherbakova has the word shell in it. They often write something that translates to “dangerous too beautiful” [emoji23][emoji23]

I’ve also seen some version of ТЩК that translates really bad and only makes sense after reading it multiple times [emoji23] (something like Truwashellacoscos)
yup. I enjoy reading those too. I meet all of those you mentioned.

Alina is often Arena or Zagi-chan
Alyona is Costo Lunaya or Lunaya-chan or just "Cous Cous"
Sasha is Toursowa or Turousouix
Anna is often Shelbakkowa (they want to see her in yukata and cosplaying a geisha-assassin - seen many positive tweets about that)

most often Japanese fans spell Eteri as エテリ

I met often:
Doteri musketeers
or D'Eteri & 3 musketeers (sometimes 4 musketeers)
or Eteri 3 maniacs
or Etelli sensei
or Eteri Corps (Armed forces) invasion
or Eteri Empire or Eteri kingdom

"dangerous. need to buy tickets"
"Eteri empire dangerous want to see want to see want to see"

Fun to read.

Btw. Apparently Danii G is Mr. Grey or Grey Henhauss.

NaVi

Medalist

The scariest quad attempt I've ever seen was the quad toe Trusova did in an event right before junior worlds last season where she almost landed on her head. But they kept it in for junior worlds and she made history. She even did quad toes in the gala afterwards.

I've never seen anything that scary with Alysa though she's not filmed as much. She's pretty consistant with the triple axel and I bet she'll get one quad to be consistent enough to be worth putting in her program.

As an American who generally prefers the Russian ladies, I'm extremely glad Alysa exists. It's hard to generate interest without some competition. Even in Russia they'd start questioning the sport if Russia had practically zero competition. And the fact she will just be 15 at the state of her Olympic season and is doing quads so early puts a damper on some of the criticism of Eteri.

karina17

Final Flight
I'm going to try to make a post with which ladies have which quads because with Kamila's 4T and Anna's 4F being posted within a few days of each other, I feel like I'm already losing track.

Anna:
4T
First landed: 2017 off-season
Remarks: No longer jumping this, but still working on it in practice as of the 2018-2019 season.
Combinations: 4T-3T-3Lo, 4T-3T
4Lz
First landed: 2018 Off-Season
Combinations: 4Lz-3T-3Lo, 4Lz-3Lo, 4Lz-3T (in competition)
4F
First landed: 2019 Off-Season
Combinations: -

Sasha:
4S
First landed: 2017 off-season.
Remarks: No longer jumping it in competition due to not being able to warm up three different quads in six minutes, I assume she still trains it in practice.
Combinations: 4S-3T, 4S-3T-3S-3S (I think? Please correct me),
4T
First landed: 2017-2018 Season
Combinations: 4T-3T-3S-3S-3S-3S (? I lose track of how many Eulers she does, please correct me), 4T-3T (in competition)
4Lz
First landed: 2018 Off-Season
Combinations: 4Lz-3T-3S-3S-3S (again, please correct me on the Eulers), 4Lz-3Lo, 4Lz-3T (in competition)
4F
First landed: 2018-2019 Season

Alyona
3A
First landed: 2018 Off-Season.
Remarks: Not jumping this for now, especially not after her recent injury.

Sofia (Akatyeva):
3A
Combinations: 3A-3T
4T
Combinations: 4T-3T

Sofia (Samodelkina):
3A
First landed: 2018-2019 Season (Please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't know very much about her).

Kamila:
4T
Combinations: 4T-3T

Elizaveta (Berestovskaya):
4T(<<)
First landed: ?? but she attempted it in competition so I assume she likely landed it at some point in practice?

Elizaveta (Empress):
3A
First landed: We already know.
Combinations: 3A-2A SEQ

Anastasia:
4T
First landed: ?? But like Berestovskaya, she attempted it in competition so she probably landed it in practice at some point. She was also attempting them in JGP practice. According to Plushenko, she was also training 4Lz and 4Lo, but we haven't seen her landing them yet.

Elizabet (I know this is the Russian ladies thread...but Lilbet's arguably a Russian lady, right?)
4S
First landed: 2016-2017 Season
Combinations: 4S3T, 4S3T3S (?)
3A

Please correct me if I made mistakes in this! I'm typing this while sleep-deprived and bored, so...chances are that I forgot something important or made a stupid mistake or two or ten.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Anna Shcherbakova: 4F.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bww4y0OomxW/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=gk4t7vh3ic00

When your hero reaches Level 15, I guess...

Another day, another quad. :O
Is it just me, or quads are becoming so common, that I almost start to think it’s actually easy to do. Obviously it’s not. But everyone in that team somehow manages to do them, and learn them quick enough.
Even 3A are not that big of a deal, when Elizabet and Sofia managed to learn it in a matter of months.
Same for quads, easy peasy! :D

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
In other news, Panova finalized her decision, and she’s taking Tarakanova back! She said, she talked to Nastia and she sees that Nastia learned to hold her emotions.
Panova says they will obviously learn quads for new season.

Same news from Davydov, who says the programs for Tarusina for new season are made to include quads and 3A. He said they are learning them.

Wow. Look at this. Just a year ago no one really believed in quads in ladies, everyone and their coaches were thinking this is a “temporary phenomenon”, and now after Sasha, Anna and Elizabet’s quads, they all are running to learn quads and 3A. Lol.

Eteri was one step ahead, as always.