2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 33 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Wombat1800

On the Ice
So to recap for Eteri girls that have done quads and 3A (I'm only counting jumps that we've seen video of, not jumps they are training but having landed yet)
Alexandra Trusova: 4S, 4T, 4F, 4Lz
Anna Shcherbakova: 4Lz, 4F, 4T (from before her injury)
Alena Kostornaia: 3A
Sofia Akatieva: 3A, 4T
Kamila Valieva: 4T
Elizbet Tursynbaeva: 4S, 3A

Did I miss anyone?

Last edited:

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
So to recap for Eteri girls that have done quads and 3A (I'm only counting jumps that we've seen video of, not jumps they are training but having landed yet)
Anna Shcherbakova: 4Lz, 4T (from before her injury)

Did I miss anyone?

Anna has 4F too now!

Btw, Eteri never fails to deliver great off season content :biggrin:
All those quads are making me even more excited for next season, both seniors and juniors! can't wait for gp series.

MissBeeFarm

On the Ice
Anna Shcherbakova: 4Lz, 4T (from before her injury)

Did I miss anyone?

Shcherbakova's 4F posted just a few hours ago. :)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
With so many Russian girls and young women now mastering 3A and one or more 4 jumps, the pressure is on the other federations to counter this ‘attack’.

No doubt the Russian young seniors and new juniors will be ready for ‘combat’ in the 2019-20 JGP and GP series right from the start and the other federations will have some catching up to do.

Interesting times lay ahead, and even the off-season is going to be interesting with all the clips with the various attempts and successful landings, just to intimidate and challenge the ‘competition’.
The Russians will give themselves little rest, for the new elements will need to be maintained, stabilised, honed and sharpened to perfection. Being in a rink with some many team mates working on the same elements has a distinct advantage, it will make the trainers even better still in the intricate details of teaching the elements to ever more skaters.

Maju

On the Ice
I really do hope Alëna Kostornaia gets her triple axel back. Hopefully with her new boots she can. I think that would make a lot of people here very happy :) (and me too!) I really do want her to be a contender for gold and I don’t know if it’s possible without mistakes from others without a technical “trick” like 3A.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Another day, another quad. :O
Is it just me, or quads are becoming so common, that I almost start to think it’s actually easy to do. Obviously it’s not. But everyone in that team somehow manages to do them, and learn them quick enough.
Even 3A are not that big of a deal, when Elizabet and Sofia managed to learn it in a matter of months.
Same for quads, easy peasy! :D
It is not just you.. Remember when Sasha said in her interview: "Quads are easy, anybody can land them". And we gotta believe her, she's the Quad Queen after all. [emoji16]

Leaving the jokes aside, it is indeed a new era. And Anya's 4F seems so effortless!

neusw

On the Ice
Another day, another quad. :O
Is it just me, or quads are becoming so common, that I almost start to think it’s actually easy to do. Obviously it’s not. But everyone in that team somehow manages to do them, and learn them quick enough.
Even 3A are not that big of a deal, when Elizabet and Sofia managed to learn it in a matter of months.
Same for quads, easy peasy! :D

It seems so easy for them because she has many many girls who are at the age where they’ve just come out of stabilizing their triples and are now onto the next level, so it’s a natural progression to keep moving up and adapting your muscles to these harder jumps. It would probably be much harder mentally and physically if they got to triples, stopped there for a few years, then decided to move forward with quads. In reality no other group has previously tried to push the difficulty to this level with girls, probably because no other group has skaters who are as stable with their triples. If your hit rate is close to 100% on triples, of course the conclusion is that triples are just too easy for you and you should be doing quads.

Alextrusova

Rinkside
Is it possible Scherbakova will include 4flip in her competitive program? The Isu really needs to start letting the ladies do quads in the short program

Happy Skates

Final Flight
In other news, Panova finalized her decision, and she’s taking Tarakanova back! She said, she talked to Nastia and she sees that Nastia learned to hold her emotions.
Panova says they will obviously learn quads for new season.

Same news from Davydov, who says the programs for Tarusina for new season are made to include quads and 3A. He said they are learning them.

Wow. Look at this. Just a year ago no one really believed in quads in ladies, everyone and their coaches were thinking this is a “temporary phenomenon”, and now after Sasha, Anna and Elizabet’s quads, they all are running to learn quads and 3A. Lol.

Eteri was one step ahead, as always.

Yay for Tarakanova!
And wow, everyone is promising quads now. I do wonder who will be the first to be successful, right now most of the videos seem to be coming from the Tutberidze camp other than Kihira and Liu (did I miss anyone?). It certainly seems like it will be a quad revolution from the Tutberidze girls, but will it be from everyone else? We'll have to wait and see.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I really hope ISU will not lower down the value of quads for ladies, or restricting the number of quads for ladies.
Last year when Eteri's girls benefited from backloading, ISU promptly changed the rules to limit the number of jumps for bonus. Now if Eteri's students, not other Russian coaches or other countries' skater can do as many if any quads, Would ISU so similar changes again?

PekkaRink

Rinkside
And Anya's 4F seems so effortless!

I don’t know, her hammer toe ruins it somehow for me 😕 I have the same issue with her 3F, it just looks weird. But it’s still amazing she managed to learn another quad.. I am wondering how long she’s been practicing it.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
I don’t know, her hammer toe ruins it somehow for me [emoji53] I have the same issue with her 3F, it just looks weird. But it’s still amazing she managed to learn another quad.. I am wondering how long she’s been practicing it.
Before watching Anya live, I somehow had the same impression, and that her jumps looked very small, so I somehow get from where comes this.

But after watching her live I can say that I was sooo impressed, her jumps did not look small or forced, all sharp and precise, and her flip seemed her best jump. She built so much consistency while the season progressed! Even during her practice sessions she rarely misses a jump (ofc besides the Quad attempts), and I have a feeling she will just get better and better. Such a graceful, artistically gifted skater, with quads and a great consistency, she is one of the skaters that improved the most last season and can make a huge impression in the next ones.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Yay for Tarakanova!
And wow, everyone is promising quads now. I do wonder who will be the first to be successful, right now most of the videos seem to be coming from the Tutberidze camp other than Kihira and Liu (did I miss anyone?). It certainly seems like it will be a quad revolution from the Tutberidze girls, but will it be from everyone else? We'll have to wait and see.

Assuming this news comes from a credible source, I am pleased as well Tarakanova found a new home in her old rink. I still think Anastasiya is under terms of conduct, but will find herself much more at ease in the presence of other girls her age.
So let's hope it all works out for her now for she is a force to be reckoned with. She is about the oldest junior skater in Panova's group, right?

Good to hear Davydov's group at CSKA is also progressing well with another, slightly overlooked power skater, Anna Tarusina.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I don’t know, her hammer toe ruins it somehow for me 😕 I have the same issue with her 3F, it just looks weird. But it’s still amazing she managed to learn another quad.. I am wondering how long she’s been practicing it.

Personally, I love Anna. She is so graceful, musical, just a really beautiful skater. At the same time, I can clearly see that her technique is pretty awful on most of her jumps. Unclear edges, smallish, hammer toe and excessive pre-rotation. Her skating skills aren‘t too great either and she often travels in her spins. (She has amazing flexibility, though) I see that and I accept it but for me it doesn‘t take away the enjoyment of watching her. She floats above the ice and the way she gives her movements purpose, to me that matters more than her technique. I can understand why it wouldn’t be like that for some, however.

I can‘t believe the speed at which these girls pull off new quads... I admire them for that even though I have to admit I‘m no particular fan of quads, especially knowing what it did to men‘s competition... But nevertheless, it‘s very impressive and it will be so interesting to see what they all can do next season. We‘re in for a great year!