2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Fluture

Record Breaker
Alysa has a Quad Lutz. She does not only have her 3A

Well, to be fair, Kamila is still a much more well-rounded skater. Her skating skills aren‘t exactly outstanding either but I feel like Alysa overall has a bit of catching up to do, both presentation and skating wise. (Her jumps also often look a bit UR to me) She is a really good skater, certainly, and a great young talent but now that Kamila has a quad... if both were clean, I think Kamila would win. It will still be interesting to see who will do best in juniors next season and I will cheer for both of them but if I had to bet, frankly, I would bet on Kamila.

At the same time, looking at this discussion, it means that juniors will be just as exciting as this year even if Alena, Anna and Sasha are seniors then. And this time, the rivalry will not be restricted only to Russians! Alysa, Kamila, Daria, Maya, Alena Ka... still a lot of Russians but Alysa can certainly make a statement. I‘m looking forward to it.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Alysa has a Quad Lutz. She does not only have her 3A

The main idea was that I think that Kamila's skating in general more mature and refined than Alysa's even without quads.
Kamila looks way more of a complete package to me, compared to Alysa, considering they are the same age.
I honestly don't believe Alysa will pull out both 3A and quads next season, there wasn't a quad attempt with a good landing from Alysa yet.
But once she lands 4lz+3t in practice and does it with good landing, I'm buying it!
I do think she's capable of it, and who knows, maybe next season I'll be eating my words once she does it all! =)
This video will definitely give her more motivation to attempt it!
+ I think Eteri's success rate with landing quads in competitions to be more convincing than that of any other coach

karina17

Final Flight
Not to be the party crashes here, but let's wait until she jumps it in a competition as we have seen with Anna its something else to jump in in practice or to jump it in competitions

Yes, Anna's quad wasn't exactly consistent this season but all I said was that juniors would be impressive with Kamila's quad. And honestly, if Kamila goes down the exact same route as Anna, with the exact same success rate, it would still be extremely impressive. Anna ended up being the first to land 4Lz3T to win CoR and then landed her 4Lz to become national champion on the senior level, so...still impressive, no?

I wonder if Daria and Maya might be learning quads, too, since Kamila is.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
Well, to be fair, Kamila is still a much more well-rounded skater. Her skating skills aren‘t exactly outstanding either but I feel like Alysa overall has a bit of catching up to do, both presentation and skating wise. (Her jumps also often look a bit UR to me)

No, it's a too forgiving statement IMO. The gap in PCS between them should be HUGE. It's not "a bit". It's a sea of difference between them. At least now.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I wonder if Daria and Maya might be learning quads, too, since Kamila is.
They are, someone came to take photos whilst Eteri and co were at Worlds, Daria was training on a harness, so basically learning new jumps.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Wow, Kamila! So impressive , unbelievable that we see now more and more skaters performing elements that a couple of years ago were not even discussed as a possibility.

And Kamila, she totally is the complete package. Good skating skills, expressive, amazing spins and now...possibly a quad? She will be very hard to beat and I am so excited to watch her further development :thumbsup:

And now I can see Dasha as being next. Her 2A is huge, so a 3A sounds more than possible for her :biggrin:

esteticlove

Final Flight
I wonder if the pressure will get to Kostornaya. So many skaters in her group are upgrading their tech... it must be really difficult for her.

EDIT: and it seems that Team Tutberidze is already preparing for a podium sweep at the next Olympics :agree:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I wonder if the pressure will get to Kostornaya. So many skaters in her group are upgrading their tech... it must be really difficult for her.

It was, Alyona said so in her most recent interview during the Champions on Ice show last weekend. She loathed being idle while her team mates were all busy and working hard. But she understood the need to rest and respected her trainers for allowing her to heal instead of pushing her to compete in the JWC. But it was an emotional decision on Alyona's part, she so very much wanted to compete and found it very odd to watch the competition at home, restless with longing.

SkateSkates

Medalist

EDIT: and it seems that Team Tutberidze is already preparing for a podium sweep at the next Olympics :agree:

I worry about it as well. It looked like the pressure was getting to her at the beginning of this last season when she grew and was a bit shaky. Then she seemed to get her confidence back and was great for the rest of the season. I think if she focuses on herself she should be fine, however we know she is very competitive so it might be hard. I just hope she doesn’t push herself too far and get injured again. I’m hoping once she’s done growing (and fully recovered from injury) she can work on getting her 3A back. Her axel improved greatly over the course of the season. I think working on the triple last summer messed up her timing somewhat but by the time of GPF and Nationals it was massive and definitely had room for a triple.