2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 795 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
After seeing Yuzuru being completely exhausted after his 5 quads, I wonder if Trusova has the stamina for it. She is a fighter, we know that...but is it too much??

Then again Nathan also did a 5 quad + Triple Axel program without running out of gas.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
But like Chris said, he's from another planet.

Rocket Man vs Pocket Rocket, that will be some competition ;-)

And no doubt both will have great fun doing battle in skills, imagine Sasha going wild in street dance together with Nathan ...

Or Nathan doing cantilevers and sideways straddle jumps ....

But on a more serious note, a demonstration of all possible quad jumps would be very good for analytical purposes.

Scott512

Record Breaker
After seeing Yuzuru being completely exhausted after his 5 quads, I wonder if Trusova has the stamina for it. She is a fighter, we know that...but is it too much??
Yes it's too much she can win with three quad she doesn't need five. Let's put it this way it's not a good move for Sasha. If it's true she can't do a 4;quad program cleanly so why do five? her parents and coaches need to get her to pull back a little bit so early in her senior career.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
What to say. Happy for Aliona, Anna and Sasha, sad for Alina. Completely clean on trainings, then fight for the elements in the skate.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I'm really sad for Alina, but absolutely thrilled for the 3A! They were all so wonderful! My favorite today was Anna, but Alena was clean and she wasn't, so I do understand her win. I'm glad to see Anna's PCS rise, her 4Lz get so stable, and for her to increase her SB and end up not just with a medal, but with the silver medal!

And of course, Sasha landed the first 4F! Congratulations to her as well!

Scott512

Record Breaker
What to say. Happy for Aliona, Anna and Sasha, sad for Alina. Completely clean on trainings, then fight for the elements in the skate.
How bad was Alinas FS? Is she injured?
I'm really sad for Alina, but absolutely thrilled for the 3A! They were all so wonderful! My favorite today was Anna, but Alena was clean and she wasn't, so I do understand her win. I'm glad to see Anna's PCS rise, her 4Lz get so stable, and for her to increase her SB and end up not just with a medal, but with the silver medal!

And of course, Sasha landed the first 4F! Congratulations to her as well!
Well they swept the podium as expected with Alena finishing in first which was not necessarily expected. Congrats to TT too.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
What an amazing podium! When the camera panned to the 3A having fun backstage my face broke into a smile (even though I was still gutted for Alina). They are not only amazing skaters, but also teenagers.

ec00834

On the Ice
Wow congratulations to the 3A they all did so well!
Aliona's 3As were beautiful:love:
Who knew Anna, who some said was the "weakest" compared to Sasha, Aliona, Alina, and Zhenya would become the GPF silver medalist?
Sasha's lutz and flip were both so effortless, it's a shame she popped the sal.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
How bad was Alinas FS? Is she injured?

I don't think so, just this wasn't her day, she didn't execute jumps well, most of the jumps were UR, one fall after first 2A (which was meant as 2A-3T, she again tried to save the combo in the second half by putting 3T to 3Lz). Something like the last year at nationals. At least all her spins and steps were lvl 4. Don't know whether those were nerves, she looked too - what would be the right word - "dark" maybe, from warm-up. As I've said, it's a pity because on trainings today everything was completely normal as usually.

I would compare it to the free skate of Boikova/Kozlovski yesterday, they also were somehow below their standards for unknown reason.