2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 843 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Deripashka

On the Ice
Can somebody sum up whats going on? I wasnt here for a few days, so Im a bit confused. I understand that Alina taking a break, afterall she said that she need to lose about 3kg to gain ideal weight for training quads/triple axel and undergoing all these changes and learning new elements during active season would be just asking for injury. But whats going on between Tarasova and Eteri and Plushenko and Trankov?

Scott512

Record Breaker
Wow i broke up a week with figure skating to keep up with my work (waiting for nationals) and i feel like this

https://66.media.tumblr.com/f6e31f35d88833de6f927d13b5e98b92/tumblr_o6iteqEukn1qa0v13o1_250.gif

First of all i'm very surprised to read Eteri going all out like that on a post on Instagram, calling out coaches for the statements they said, but it was about time to reveal all the political game we've always known or at least suspected: TAT doesn't like Sambo70 (probably because they made CSKA a B tier club in terms of results), she played a big role in Evgenia's departure, she is actively rooting for her and she is spreading the news across all the influential people at the Federation, and probably doesn't like Alina because of that.

I think in some aspect Tutberidze is right to complain and accuse while others i don't think she is, in some she's gaining from this, in others she's losing.

Alina deserves respect as any elite athlete, if she wants to retire or continue it's up to her, in Russia unfortunately it is very common to steal or buy skaters from other groups, or manipulate them or even twisting the media to their favour. To be fair Sambo70 does this too on the junior level.

That said this also applies to Eteri: she can't decide for Alina which is a good coach and which isn't for her. She's probably against Plushenko because there are money involved in this, and you know Plushenko with his shows, he would absolutely gain a lot from having the current Olympic and World champion at her Academy. But who knows, maybe he's the right coach for her.

Also while it's okay for her to retire after winning everything, it doesn't change the trend that skaters at Sambo70 can only last up until 17-18 and then they retire or change coaches (and struggle).

In your one-week absence you missed a lot. ;)

I mean duh? Adelina came from CSKA, the most powerful club in Russia, and even after so many years of winning nothing relevant, they are still in the conversation and getting praised for very small results. We saw TAT sitting alongside Putin in the past, that's how powerful they are.

That's not to say Eteri isn't powerful now, she brought more results than anyone else, she knows her voice matter, and that's why she is speaking about this openly.
Why drag Adeline into this? She's been more supportive of alina than anyone else in Russia.

This drama is better than any reality show. Loling over Tutberidze bringing out poetry. Will we graduate to performance art next?

Eteri is standing tall and strong among the furor that is Russian ladies figure skating. She will not even hesitate to put a great coach or the country's greatest skater ever in their place when they need to be and believe me they need to be put in their places from time to time.

ruga

Final Flight
Can somebody sum up whats going on? I wasnt here for a few days, so Im a bit confused. I understand that Alina taking a break, afterall she said that she need to lose about 3kg to gain ideal weight for training quads/triple axel and undergoing all these changes and learning new elements during active season would be just asking for injury. But whats going on between Tarasova and Eteri and Plushenko and Trankov?

Rough timeline:
- At the GPF, Italian commentators mention that Eteri said that Alina will have to make a decision whether she wants to retire.
- Eteri's sister leaves a few comments trying to defend Eteri by saying that Alina is lazy, not motivated to work and so on. Does more damage than good, deletes comments later.
- Alina announces that she'll skip RusNats and the whole season skating in shows only on a Russian news broadcast.
- Many people take this as a retirement, mostly due to flashbacks to Adelina, Elena, etc.
- TAT delivers an interview with a sentiment that it's sad that an athlete has to end career after having skated only three programs
- Plushenko says that Alina should get a new coach that could give her more attention
- An article that Alina has tried to negotiate with another coach after GPF is published
- Daniil G post on his IG a photo with caption saying that TeamTut and Alina will continue working, etc.
- TeamTutberidze account (probably managed by someone who knows Tutberidze personally) posts a lengthy post calling out TAT (telling her that Alina has achieved more in 3 programs than others in 10) and Plushenko (he was blamed for trying to poach Alina and not having trained any good skaters himself). Post is liked by many Crystal skaters including Alina, Daniil links it at his own post
- Plushenko posts his answer, says he never tried to poach Alina, and that Tutberidze is a manager, not a coach and only takes 'ready' skaters.
- Alina posts that she is not retiring, not going to change coaches and will compete later.
- TAT tells everyone to go to hell

Scott512

Record Breaker
No matter how loudly people say "Such drama is possible only in Russia", they seem to like it. Just like they watch films about gladiators :sarcasm:

Eteri was aware of what will follow. And the response of teamtutberidze didn's start it, that only clarified what every sides truly think about it. Just because some part of the figure skating world couldn't accept Alina's announcement as any other announcement, there are tons of similar ones. No, this had to be something.

But there are people who don't enjoy this drama. First of all Alina. And other skaters as well, because they will be affected by it, more or less.

Alina does hate this. It's against her core as a human being. She is naturally nice and Loki and reserved.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
But there are people who don't enjoy this drama. First of all Alina. And other skaters as well, because they will be affected by it, more or less.

Alina does hate this. It's against her core as a human being. She is naturally nice and Loki and reserved.

No doubt about this, the storm will pass over the heads of the young ones, though those in the knowledge will chuckle over the nerve of their trainers or some of the reactions, but all those that will compete in the National Championships will feel a little uncomfortable if they happen or need to meet some of the characters in this soap opera.

Plyushchenko will probably be at Nationals in some capacity but I doubt any of EG, DM or SV will want to meet him.

It will get very cold in Krasnoyarsk, -30 days, -40 nights, so I will not be surprised if TAT stays home. (https://www.gismeteo.ru/weather-krasnoyarsk-4674/2-weeks/)

- TAT tells everyone to go to hell

TAT's recent outburst cannot go unnoticed by Channel One's figure skating directors, or the turning sentiments will even draw attention higher up in the column.

PS: I will buy you a drink for an audio-meme of TAT's outburst.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Why drag Adeline into this? She's been more supportive of alina than anyone else in Russia.

Eteri is standing tall and strong among the furor that is Russian ladies figure skating. She will not even hesitate to put a great coach or the country's greatest skater ever in their place when they need to be and believe me they need to be put in their places from time to time.

I was just responding to that specific part.

All top russian athletes face backlash from the media constantly: it's a mix of envy from other coaches and journalists hungry for more articles, they've all been through this, it's not that Alina is any different from all the buzz around Julia in 2015 or Evgenia after the Pyeongchang Olympics.

CSKA on that regard lives in its own bubble because of their political advantages, so of course Adelina's results were always praised by the Federation. I think Adelina also there was this sentiment of protecting the athlete from all the backlash she faced abroad.

Eteri made a lenghty post on Instagram where she spills the beans about other coaches asking for more respect for Alina:

- She basically said Tarasova doesn't like Alina and other Eteri's skaters, and also implied at what happened with Evgenia, wishing her to stop caring about their skaters. (Tarasova made comments about Alina's short career in figure skating which is common across Eteri's skaters).

- She also accused Plushenko of luring Alina to join his group. She said Plushenko is not a real coach, he hasn't raised any skater from the very beginning and only buy skaters from other groups.

Some of this is not a direct quote, but you can read between the lines.

I don't know about Trankov.

Deripashka

On the Ice
ruga: Thanks. And to Trankov, he had some serious "exchange of opinions" with TAT also in Kids on ice show and it was live tv broadcast, when TAT once again turned off filter between brain and mouth and mocked some of his girl in show.

KOBOT37

Match Penalty

Key events:

1. After good SP,Alina had bad skate.

2. situation was worsened by the fact that (according to her fans) she did fine training the morning before the competition.

3. After results were announced, Alina (who was visibly barely holding tears) went away and left quickly without Listening to Eteri.

4. 3A won, instagram posts by Team Tutberidze doesn include Alina at all.

(2)=>(3)=>(4)=>Fans get angry, all sorts of rumours are going around about bad relationship between coaches and Alina, about...

5. Alina failing to skate at Gala, she gives speech to fans and apologizes that she isn't capable of skating due to bad fall she had the day before.

6. Eteri's sister, most likely after barrage of hate directed at her loses it and goes on rant, claiming that it's not puberty or psychology but girls winning everything and getting lazy why they fail to succeed (post got delated so we don't know to what she answered, everyone thinks she called Alina Lazy)

7. After it went too viral Eteri's Sister first, praised Alina, then delated all the comments, the day after set IG to private.

8. Out of Nowhere Alina first, announces sensational interview on 1TV, later on live TV announces putting her career on hold until next season, due to tiredness lack of motivation etc, claims that she isn't going, just taking a rest, also thanks coaches and says she will continue working with them. Also she said she wouldn't stop training.

9. At same time 1TV airs interview with Eteri, who called this decision predictable, claimed that Alina wanted to do it for some time now. she went on saying she hoped after some time away from competition competitive urge would return to Alina and continue coaching.

10. Another few comments from Eteri's sister surfaced, this time, direct messages to Team Zagitova,where she claimed that Alina had had work ethic issues for last 1.5 years and that she almost lost her sister after she believe 'them' (probably Team Zagitova?). Although this time it didn't generate much interest (frankly, I don't even know if it is real, I doubt Team Zagitova would publish that).

11. Director of Sambo 70 repeat Eteri's words and claim that for 1.5 years they were trying to convince Alina to compete.

Eteri, her sister, RusFed, Sambo are getting hate, mostly blamed for calling Alina Lazy,lying about that 'trying to convince to continue competing' thing, blaming them for not giving Alina enough attention, few fans even went as far as Blaming Eteri for intentionally trying to end Alina's career.

12. meanwhile Plushenko claimed that Alina needed attention an Olympic champion deserved and suggested coaching change.

13. TAT said that Alina was bad at lying and they all knew that it was over for her, also she supported age restriction and claimed it was pitty career of Olympic champion was 3 programmes long.

14. Out of nowhere Team Tutberidze made a long reply to 'Figure skating well wisher' but especially to Plushenko and TAT, TeamTUT called Plushenko out for trying to buy 'complete athletes' for his team and trying to turn Alina against them, Also statement claimed that Plushenko could hardly be called a coach. In response to TAT statement said that in 3 programmes Alina won more than most would in 10, also it called out TAT for being Alina's hater for so long. Statement claimed that they (TeamTut and Alina) were a family and they would go on being together.

15. TeamTutberidze's statement was liked by Alina and few others at Sambo(including Anna and Elizabet).

16. Plushenko Fired back, denying any wrongdoing, once again blaming Eteri for not giving Alina enough attention, called her 'a manager not a coach' and implied that Alina was a very profitable business project for her and losing money coming from her contracts is that made her so angry.

17. To make things even crazier, Plushenko defended TAT... :biggrin:

18. TAT, when asked by journalists about Eteri's Speech,true to traditions, sent us all to hell. :biggrin:

19. Eteri posted a poem about lone woman's hardships who doesn't follow the herd and faces hate because of being 'different' and 'against the system'. No one really knows that she means. (or what poem means or what Poem means to Eteri :biggrin:)

20. Rumors are running wild at Russian segment of Internet, from somewhat sensible ones to ones claiming Eteri hit (physically) Alina before GPF.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
In the mix i'd also add that Elena Vaitsekhovskaya lost her job as a journalist because she dared to criticize Eteri Tutberidze.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Key events:

1. After good SP,Alina had bad skate.

2. situation was worsened by the fact that (according to her fans) she did fine training the morning before the competition.

3. After results were announced, Alina (who was visibly barely holding tears) went away and left quickly without Listening to Eteri.

4. 3A won, instagram posts by Team Tutberidze doesn include Alina at all.

(2)=>(3)=>(4)=>Fans get angry, all sorts of rumours are going around about bad relationship between coaches and Alina, about...

5. Alina failing to skate at Gala, she gives speech to fans and apologizes that she isn't capable of skating due to bad fall she had the day before.

6. Eteri's sister, most likely after barrage of hate directed at her loses it and goes on rant, claiming that it's not puberty or psychology but girls winning everything and getting lazy why they fail to succeed (post got delated so we don't know to what she answered, everyone thinks she called Alina Lazy)

7. After it went too viral Eteri's Sister first, praised Alina, then delated all the comments, the day after set IG to private.

8. Out of Nowhere Alina first, announces sensational interview on 1TV, later on live TV announces putting her career on hold until next season, due to tiredness lack of motivation etc, claims that she isn't going, just taking a rest, also thanks coaches and says she will continue working with them. Also she said she wouldn't stop training.

9. At same time 1TV airs interview with Eteri, who called this decision predictable, claimed that Alina wanted to do it for some time now. she went on saying she hoped after some time away from competition competitive urge would return to Alina and continue coaching.

10. Another few comments from Eteri's sister surfaced, this time, direct messages to Team Zagitova,where she claimed that Alina had had work ethic issues for last 1.5 years and that she almost lost her sister after she believe 'them' (probably Team Zagitova?). Although this time it didn't generate much interest (frankly, I don't even know if it is real, I doubt Team Zagitova would publish that).

11. Director of Sambo 70 repeat Eteri's words and claim that for 1.5 years they were trying to convince Alina to compete.

Eteri, her sister, RusFed, Sambo are getting hate, mostly blamed for calling Alina Lazy,lying about that 'trying to convince to continue competing' thing, blaming them for not giving Alina enough attention, few fans even went as far as Blaming Eteri for intentionally trying to end Alina's career.

12. meanwhile Plushenko claimed that Alina needed attention an Olympic champion deserved and suggested coaching change.

13. TAT said that Alina was bad at lying and they all knew that it was over for her, also she supported age restriction and claimed it was pitty career of Olympic champion was 3 programmes long.

14. Out of nowhere Team Tutberidze made a long reply to 'Figure skating well wisher' but especially to Plushenko and TAT, TeamTUT called Plushenko out for trying to buy 'complete athletes' for his team and trying to turn Alina against them, Also statement claimed that Plushenko could hardly be called a coach. In response to TAT statement said that in 3 programmes Alina won more than most would in 10, also it called out TAT for being Alina's hater for so long. Statement claimed that they (TeamTut and Alina) were a family and they would go on being together.

15. TeamTutberidze's statement was liked by Alina and few others at Sambo(including Anna and Elizabet).

16. Plushenko Fired back, denying any wrongdoing, once again blaming Eteri for not giving Alina enough attention, called her 'a manager not a coach' and implied that Alina was a very profitable business project for her and losing money coming from her contracts is that made her so angry.

17. To make things even crazier, Plushenko defended TAT... [emoji3]

18. TAT, when asked by journalists about Eteri's Speech,true to traditions, sent us all to hell. [emoji3]

19. Eteri posted a poem about lone woman's hardships who doesn't follow the herd and faces hate because of being 'different' and 'against the system'. No one really knows that she means. (or what poem means or what Poem means to Eteri [emoji3])

20. Rumors are running wild at Russian segment of Internet, from somewhat sensible ones to ones claiming Eteri hit (physically) Alina before GPF.
Wait what there is a rumor about eteri hitting alina? That's the first time I hear about this, which absolutely do not believe, I may find some of eteris method questioning but I do not believe she would ever get physical with her students at least not like this

SkatingFan9

On the Ice
Wait what there is a rumor about eteri hitting alina? That's the first time I hear about this, which absolutely do not believe, I may find some of eteris method questioning but I do not believe she would ever get physical with her students at least not like this

Please ignore that. Eteri never hit Alina. He does not know how to differentiate outright lies from facts.

KOBOT37

Match Penalty
Please ignore that. Eteri never hit Alina. He does not know how to differentiate outright lies from facts.

I never said it was true or even believable.

I am 100% sure it's made up story, and I never called it fact. It is just the most unbelievable rumor I have read today so tried to put in that post to highlight insanity of situation.

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
Thank you for the great summary!
I would add a few details:

- Mishin's reaction to Alina‘s taking a break is to wish her the same success as grandmother as she had as a teenager!!!
- Mishin‘s reaction to the Instagram war is that he wants to stay away from the war between the Triple Antanta and Triple Alliance as they throw at each other chocolate jam balls!
- Alina feels the need to explain herself better, so she makes a post on Instagram confirming that she is not retiring, but only taking a break. Confirms she has great relations with her coaches.

Edit: Forgot that Yagudin likes Eteri‘s anti-TAT post and then unlikes it about the time when Tarasova sent the journalists to hell. I can only imagine what Tarasova said to him :) :) :)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Any and all kinds of accusations are thrown at random by the anonymous mob running wild on social media and lowest level e-press.

Tomorrow FFKKR's offices will open for the new work week, so perhaps there will be some order issued to everybody to hold off or calm down with the National Championships in 10 days.

But I have no doubt this is only the first ripples of a struggle for power, the old guard vs the new, at least on the women's side of things. And the other disciplines will have to choose sides, and we don't know where it all will end.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Trankov liked TeamTut's post and when someone began to shame him for it he answered "I am for courage and truth, always! And I know a little more than you.."

I may think a lot about Trankov, but the fact that he spoke in this manner speaks volumes.
I guess there’s a whole lot about TAT behind her fasade that we don’t know yet...

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Thank you for the great summary!
I would add a few details:

- Mishin's reaction to Alina‘s taking a break is to wish her the same success as grandmother as she had as a teenager!!!
- Mishin‘s reaction to the Instagram war is that he wants to stay away from the war between the Triple Antanta and Triple Alliance as they throw at each other chocolate jam balls!
- Alina feels the need to explain herself better, so she makes a post on Instagram confirming that she is not retiring, but only taking a break. Confirms she has great relations with her coaches.

Mishin is getting senile? I am amazed over the 'aloofness' of these comments? FFKSPb has some answering to do as to why Tuktamysheva, or rather her YT account (which she apparently got locked out of) could get involved in a slander directed at?? And why this agent was able to do all those things (financial crimes even?) Any, hopefully authoritative, info on what's going on here? And why nobody seems to bother?

Again Alina is the most sensible of all, but most feel uncomfortable over all the commotion. She'll work to her best capabilities in the Navka show now.

Looking forward to the Urgant show with Alina and Tat'yana Navka. No doubt a whole lot of people will be watching, given all what happened during the weekend, but what can Alina say anymore? She has made herself perfectly clear. However, not everybody has social media or internet access, so Urgant will likely talk about it or ask some questions for the television audience.

Amei

Record Breaker
Wait, people seriously think Liza deserves higher pcs than Anna? uh... okay.

I didn't see anyone posting that Liza deserved higher PCS but I did start to see the argument that she should go to Euros and Worlds because of her triple axels and the quad we've only seen in practice at this point. I felt the need to counter that argument that Anna doesn't just have her jumps (that are worth more point-wise then Liza's still even if Liza adds a single quad toe and quad toe in combination) but that Anna has beaten her all season against international judges and has been beating her on the PCS side as well.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I may think a lot about Trankov, but the fact that he spoke in this manner speaks volumes.
I guess there’s a whole lot about TAT behind her fasade that we don’t know yet...

Given the row with TAT over a 10 year old's score in "Ice Age, Kids", there might be indeed some animosity between Trankov and Tarasova.

In her long and illustrious career she has made as many friends as enemies probably, and it seems the times of reckoning have arrived. Womens single skating is firmly in the hands of Sambo-70 (Amazing And Awesome Aces plus Medvyedeva), and CSKA's men are of no threat for medals on the world's stage. Don't know about the exact affiliations of the pairs and dance rinks and teams on the national selection. Tchaikovskiy rink is a Sambo-70 institution, Moskvich is MosKomSport governed IIRC, but a lot of pair and dance couples still come from outside Moscow or live and train abroad full time.