2019 European Championships Free Dance | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2019 European Championships Free Dance

pesto

On the Ice
I enjoyed this dance competition a lot, especially the last half. Good antidote to the men, earlier on. I only caught the last group of men, and still want to watch the earlier groups, but there are at least 3 performances from the last group that I don't want to re-watch.

Here, I thought that all the top teams brought their A-game.

LaArdilla

Medalist
I'm really pleased for France too. They're making a real comeback as a top skating nation after a struggling a few years to do well in all 4 disciplines. I hope they carry this through to the team event in Beijing so we might see some new nations on the podium next time
Will J/C continue till then, though? They keep saying they are taking one season at a time. Kevin Aymoz is on the rise and they have that very promising junior girl imported from Russia.

litenkyckling

Final Flight
:eek:topic: kind of... but just seen someone on twitter suggest that Smart/Diaz swap with Hawayek/Baker to get Smart/Baker for GBR and (after he marries Madi) Hawayek/Diaz for USA and I have to say... I'm very into it?

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Even if just Hawayek and Baker switched (as I’m pretty sure Baker qualifies for British citizenship on his own), at the rate Fear and Gibson are going GBR could earn a second Worlds spot let alone a second Europeans spot. That would certainly take the pressure off in a very competitive senior Ice Dance field that is the USA. However it would be a shame for Robynne and Joe as I really feel they’ve got potential to rise.

But I’ve never been much of a fan of country swapping as much as that is an interesting idea.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
:eek:topic: kind of... but just seen someone on twitter suggest that Smart/Diaz swap with Hawayek/Baker to get Smart/Baker for GBR and (after he marries Madi) Hawayek/Diaz for USA and I have to say... I'm very into it?

NOOOOO! I do not find Smart very likeable. H/B are perfectly suited for each other.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It airs tonight on NBCSN (sport network on cable).

That would be US Free Dance, what about Europeans Free Dance. I would like to hear from Tanith or Charlie...

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Even if just Hawayek and Baker switched (as I’m pretty sure Baker qualifies for British citizenship on his own), at the rate Fear and Gibson are going GBR could earn a second Worlds spot let alone a second Europeans spot. That would certainly take the pressure off in a very competitive senior Ice Dance field that is the USA. However it would be a shame for Robynne and Joe as I really feel they’ve got potential to rise.

But I’ve never been much of a fan of country swapping as much as that is an interesting idea.

If only my landlord would let me not only live here rent free but PAY me for the privilege of having wonderful me as a tenant... LOL, that's about as likely to happen as your scenarios.

:laugh:

litenkyckling

Final Flight
NOOOOO! I do not find Smart very likeable. H/B are perfectly suited for each other.

I agree with both of these points, but in my head Kaitlin and Adrian would look so good together lol. Idk I just thought it was a fun idea I'd never seen before!

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
If only my landlord would let me not only live here rent free but PAY me for the privilege of having wonderful me as a tenant... LOL, that's about as likely to happen as your scenarios.

:laugh:

Well I never said it was likely! :laugh:

There is definitely a 0% of H/B ever switching and in my Worlds prediction I’m thinking 12th or 13th at worlds for F/G.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I agree with both of these points, but in my head Kaitlin and Adrian would look so good together lol. Idk I just thought it was a fun idea I'd never seen before!

In my head, do you know who might look good together? Adrian and Sara Hurtado. Oh, wait.....!

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
They don't have to bring it back. They can simply explore other areas of dance rather than another contemporary-styled piece. Hell at this point I'd even love to see them do a Fred and Ginger homage. Just something--anything!--different. They certainly have the talent, In abundance.

I don't think they are the kind of team that could do Fred and Ginger, they don't have that kind of sensibility. I am starting to think they are not particularly interested in the exploration of different styles too much either. They just like to skate, I guess.
But they could certainly attempt to do a tango or a [real] blues (probably not a waltz or a polka) or something else that can be performed with much freedom and passion.