2019 European Championships Free Dance | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2019 European Championships Free Dance

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Those twizzles right on cue with the music get me every time. Whoa, is Alexandra Stepanova SHOWING EMOTION??

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
I think S/B would much rather have this performance here than at the GPF. Well done guys!

Chris Cooper

On the Ice
Loved Stepanova/Bukin. This programme is fantastic. I know that P/C are better skaters, but I enjoyed S/B's programmes so much more

glorybox6

Final Flight
Loved the fire of S/B, this is a great vehicle for them and they’ve really grown into it over the course of the season.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Victory for P/C at a canter. But is it not the exact same programme for the last 5 years? I found my attention wavering thoughtout it, I feel I’ve seen it all before for them. Is it going to be like this till Beijing 2022? It’ll be a long quad. Her outfit is not the most flattering.

At the moment they are untouchable. The BESP guys love it. Crickey 133. S/B can easily get 136+

I was shocked how critical Chris was of the Poles, usually he is much more diplomatic

I don't think they're untouchable in both programs at least. They have some issues in the RD and they can be beaten in that segment. We'll have to see how 4CC's fare for the other teams.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
That was smokin hot from S/B. They worked with the music so well, I loved her positioning in the lifts. Her long limbs work very well in this dance. I think that is my favourite dance of the day.

Second on the free but behind Sin/Katz on PCS. The battle is still on for Russian number 1.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Again, Ivan Bukin is like "THANK YOU EVERYONE" and Alexandra Stepanova is like "Oh, all right" :laugh:

Chris Cooper

On the Ice
However, I would like to throw paint all over Irina Zhuk for wearing real fur. So cruel and unnecessary. Just wrong

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN
Russia
Music: Blues: "Am I The One" by Beth Hart
Choreography by: Irina Zhuk, Aliona Samarskaia, Petr Chernyshev
Costumes: Black dress (very well cut) with open back and strapping for her; basic black for him

Program Layout:

Steps -- including everyone's new fave the besti squat (his dad would be super duper proud!) -- and an over the shoulder roll, to tell you, Yes It's a SEXY Blues and into
Curve Lift - level 4, 1.31g
Dance Spin - first position is good - lovely body lines. Level 4, 1.71g
NT Step Seq - Level 2 for her, 3 for him. 2.54g
Twizzles with an interesting, difficult entry. These actually get some real coverage. Also like the stop and head flick to end them. Nice and unexpected. First rate. Probably the strongest element in the entire program. Level 4 for both, 2.67g and deserved.
Choreo Spinning Move - with her in a split position between his legs. Musical. Good. 3.04g
Choreo Char Step Seq - with a clear axis (thank you) 3.46g
Diag Step Seq Level - very little of which is actually done in hold. Level 4, 2.90g
Rotational Lift - over the back roll up entrance to one foot. Level 4, 1.38g
SL Lift - Level 4, 1.18g
Choreo Twizzles - in their patented shoot-the-duck position. These WORK because they don't NEED to have great coverage. 3.87g
and a real Hmpf ending (it's a good thing) 3.60 goe

This is what I wrote at Rostelecom:
I did a lot of thinking about this since Helsinki and I know what my problem is with the program. Blues comes out of slave field chants and spirtuals. It's about sex and sin and guilt. Go back and listen to early blues and you'll hear some of the dirtiest double entendres you can imagine. "I need a little sugar in my bowl./I need a little hot dog between my rolls." And what I'm NOT getting from this program is that raw dirty earthiness that say H/D had in spades. She has definitely found her knees, which is a huge improvement. Now I want both of them to find that attitude. They have it at the end of the twizzles. I just wish this had more of it all the way through. It'a a good program, probably the best FD they've done. But to take it to the next level, they really need to dirty it up and LOOSEN it up. Sex and sin and guilt.

Now:
I still think it's derivative, but they are being gifted goe. Massive GOE. But this was much improved from Russian Nats.

Score: 125.04 and a SB. And they get the silver.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Italy won two medals today and had a fourth yesterday. Excellent event for them. Brava Italia!

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Packed stands!

Very enjoyable competition with such a high level of performance.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I like Guillaume's purple outfit much better than the grey. It makes Gabi's pink work.

Great to see the Italian team on the podium! And sixth for the Disco Brits, well deserved. :)

LaArdilla

Medalist
However, I would like to throw paint all over Irina Zhuk for wearing real fur. So cruel and unnecessary. Just wrong

I know, right? It’s not that cold at the rink! Regular winter coat would be enough. But I feel like it’s obligatory Russian coach attire...

Chris Cooper

On the Ice
Italy won two medals today and had a fourth yesterday. Excellent event for them. Brava Italia!

Yes, so great for Italy as they are without most of their top skaters from last season. Loved Rizzo earlier and also Guignard/Fabbri. I much prefer them to Cappellini/Lanotte